Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I dont get all the Brady hate.

I do get the Patriot hate.

Maybe its just me....i like players no matter the team.
    In my view, the dude's been a poor sport most of his career. I'm not even talking about deflategate or the ninja gaiden kicking move. On many occasions after a loss, rather than shake hands with opposing players, he just sprints off the field into the locker room. Yet when he wins, he's the first one running over to shake the loser's hand grinning ear-to-ear. I remember Cam doing this as well, and he's another one I'd prefer to not see on the team.

:2cents:

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
      Believe Saints will probably re-sign him again. I'll still take a 43 year old Brady leading our guys, he is more clutch than Rivers ever will be. Maybe the guys will respond to Brady different.
      Not unless brady hits Feeney, T.Scott and Tevi with the power cosmic.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Brady had both a bad offensive line, bad receivers and bad TEs. Their running game was very ordinary. He literally had nobody to pass to and no time to wait for anyone to get open. IMO it was the players around him rather than a sharp decline in Brady. I'm not a fan of signing Brady myself - either bring Rivers back or get our QB of the future in the draft.
        Patriots OL finished the season ranked 10th. Chargers OL ranking peaked at 23rd in 2013 over the last decade +.

Brady will not ever agree to play for LAC. Would've career suicide.

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

I’m fine if people want Rivers over Brady for emotional reasons. We all have drama.

But I can’t listen to a narrative that suggests Brady is on more of a decline than Rivers.

Rivers had a dozen more picks and twice the fumbles.

A lot of what I write is seen as Rivers bashing. Truth be told I’ll support our team regardless. But I’d take Brady for many reasons both on and off the field.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Somebody said this thing is rigged and I agree, Brady and the league are coming to save the franchise... or at least they will try. I guess the league did hear my complaints about fixing the mess they were responsible for. I just never though it was to going to be that way or with one of the most hated persons by Charger fans.. including me.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Patriots OL finished the season ranked 10th. Chargers OL ranking peaked at 23rd in 2013 over the last decade +.

Brady will not ever agree to play for LAC. Would've career suicide.
              Agree, and NE has a much better group of RB's than Chargers..... and their receivers are not bad as many suggest...... when NE needs to get one yard they can get it vs chargers who struggle the most in short yardage situations......

and NE is disciplined, they dont make major blunders like penalties, fumbles, INT's, etc..... like chargers do every week......

The brady to chargers idea probably occured during a nice dinner and drinks situation with NFL media/ex players/commentators, etc started thinking of the ultimate test for Brady too prove he is best of all time???...... the obvious ultimate challenge would not be top go to the bengals or dolphins......the ultimate worst situation would be to go to Chargers with worst coaching, worst OL, average slow WR's, slow TE's, and a couple of average RB's..... and a defense that cannot tackle, or stop the run..... the idea is a joke only drunk people would come up with..... while laughing hard at the stupid idea...... lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                I’m fine if people want Rivers over Brady for emotional reasons. We all have drama.

But I can’t listen to a narrative that suggests Brady is on more of a decline than Rivers.

Rivers had a dozen more picks and twice the fumbles.

A lot of what I write is seen as Rivers bashing. Truth be told I’ll support our team regardless. But I’d take Brady for many reasons both on and off the field.
                All things equal - including dollars - I do wonder how a Tom Brady-led team (offense) would compared to Rivers-led offense. My guess, Brady wouldn't be worse.

My problem with Brady is the cost. It seems like he wants to get PAID. Now, this is the NFL - you can kick the can like the Saints are with Brees (he is a 21m dead cap hit the year he retires or doesn't play for the Saints - there is no getting around that). So Brady can get paid this year and it will hurt down the road . But can Brady get paid AND the OL rebuilt and the IDL/MLB get added.

But again, if this debate is taking the same rosters save Brady or Rivers - they both get the same cap hit - Brady is probably a better player this coming year than Rivers. Based on what I saw in 2019.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Philip Rivers on the move? Four potential landing spots for QB
                  • By David Carr
                  • NFL.com Analyst
                  • Published: Jan. 21, 2020 at 09:20 a.m.
                  • Updated: Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.

Philip Rivers no longer resides in Southern California.
                  For those who missed it, the 38-year-old quarterback confirmed to ESPN on Sunday morning that he and his family permanently moved from San Diego to Florida to be closer to relatives. He then added, "What this means football-wise is to be determined but it was time for us to move back closer to home."
                  OK, I'm trying to connect the dots here ... Moving across the country, Rivers' emotional press conference after the Chargers' regular-season finale and Bolts GM Tom Telesco saying the team will "look at every position" this offseason -- all of this leaves reason to wonder if Rivers will be a Charger in 2020 or on another team. The only clear thing is he wants to play next season.
                  Rivers is set to become a free agent in March, and there are some teams that would suit Rivers -- and clubs that Rivers would suit. Below, I list four possible landing spots for Rivers, from most likely to least likely.
                  1) TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Remember what Bruce Arians did with the aging Carson Palmer in Arizona? Palmer played some of the best football of his career and helped the Cardinals go on a deep postseason run in 2015. This is exactly what I envision for Arians and Rivers in Tampa. Arians wants a veteran quarterback who's competitive and not afraid to take chances. But one who doesn't throw 30 interceptions (maybe just 20). Tampa Bay's offense makes a lot of sense for the veteran passer. He had an uber-talented receiving corps with the Chargers, and that's exactly what he'd get in Tampa with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and tight end O.J. Howard. Bring in a running back in free agency or the draft, and this unit looks poised to make some magic. Not to mention, Tampa is now close to home.
                  2) TENNESSEE TITANS: I could see Rivers or Tom Brady heading to Tennessee this offseason. At this point in their respective careers, Rivers and Brady want to do one thing: hoist the Lombardi Trophy. (Obviously, Rivers is a bit more desperate on that front than his six-time champion counterpart.) If the Titans let Ryan Tannehill hit the market in March, they'll have to fill a void. Rivers would be silly to not consider joining the Titans, who were on the cusp of a Super Bowl appearance this season. They have an enticing group of young receivers, and the hottest running back in the game (they HAVE to re-sign him, right?!). Plus, Mike Vrabel's defense is as good as it's ever been and should give next year's offense plenty of opportunities.
                  3) CAROLINA PANTHERS: I can imagine the Matt Rhule-Philip Rivers marriage coming together over a nice free agency dinner that ends in contract negotiations. Rhule's system is very similar to the one Rivers has played in with the Chargers, and I could see the veteran QB having some input. Like the Titans, the Panthers have a young nucleus of offensive weapons, and Rivers wouldn't have to shoulder the load, with Offensive Player of the Year candidate Christian McCaffrey getting a majority of the attention.
                  4) INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: I'm on the fence about Rivers heading to Indianapolis, because this fit isn't quite as good for Rivers as the first three. Jacoby Brissett is under contract for another year -- although the Colts aren't breaking the bank with his deal -- but Indy does have the most cap space in the NFL heading into this offseason, per Over The Cap. So there is room to bring Rivers in. And while Rivers is a traditional pro-style quarterback, Frank Reich has proven that he can cater his system to a quarterback's strengths. Not to mention, playing behind this Colts offensive line is a dream for any quarterback, let alone a guy who's pushing 40.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• El_Tee
                    I’m No Noob
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Disney World, FL
                    • Send PM

Imagine the heads that would explode if the Rivers-led Titans faced the Brady-led Chargers in the 2020 AFCCC.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Totally wild, but at the same time, not unexpected at all. I don't blame people for leaving California in droves - you get financially hit at every oppurtunity. We are about to lose a congressional seat due to the drop in population from what I've read.

Really not much incentive financially to stay here, unelss your business dealings require you to be here to maintain them and prosper.
                      Is it a coincidence the state is run by Democrats?

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

All are ~ 4.5 hour drives from Blue Mountain Beach.
                        one of my fave places.... https://shopforthehealthofit.com/

still having a hard time picturing PR w/another outfit/team ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Brady had both a bad offensive line, bad receivers and bad TEs. Their running game was very ordinary. He literally had nobody to pass to and no time to wait for anyone to get open. IMO it was the players around him rather than a sharp decline in Brady. I'm not a fan of signing Brady myself - either bring Rivers back or get our QB of the future in the draft.
                          I saw it differently. To me, Brady was in obvious physcial decline is 2019 and Rivers is not. Rivers just cannot do as well because he is an immobile QB with a crappy OL, which is not a good combination. From 2008 to now, every time Rivers has had even average at best OL play, he has been an MVP candidate.

It makes little sense to claim that a 38 year old QB is too old and then go out and get a QB that will be 43. I think Brady needs McDaniels' quick, short passing system at this point in his career. I think Brady would struggle in the offense that we have been running.

Comment

Working...
                          X