Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

If y'all think CA is bad (and it is corrupt) I moved from Chicago to L.A. and IL is even MORE corrupt! My house was 3% property tax, $12,000.00 per year! $1,000.00 per month. So even if the house was paid off and free and clear it would still cost you $1k per month to live on the land the corrupt government owns and give $10k per year to the schools regardless if you have kids in school or not and this was the suburbs an hour away from Chicago. What irked me over the holidays was a family member moved from closer to Chicago to right on the border of Wis but stayed on the IL side, I said why not move 5 minutes away and pay way less taxes?! The corrupt democratic govenor is threatening to charge people an "exit" tax if they move out of state.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      Top 10 Most Populous States: 2019
      Rank Geographic Area April 1, 2010
      (Estimates Base)
      July 1, 2018 July 1, 2019
      1 California 37,254,519 39,461,588 39,512,223
      2 Texas 25,146,091 28,628,666 28,995,881
      3 Florida 18,804,564 21,244,317 21,477,737
      4 New York 19,378,144 19,530,351 19,453,561
      5 Pennsylvania 12,702,868 12,800,922 12,801,989
      6 Illinois 12,831,572 12,723,071 12,671,821
      7 Ohio 11,536,751 11,676,341 11,689,100
      8 Georgia 9,688,729 10,511,131 10,617,423
      9 North Carolina 9,535,751 10,381,615 10,488,084
      10 Michigan 9,884,116 9,984,072 9,986,857

Full article

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...st-nation.html
      Yeah, the population is still going up (not the rate it was going in 70's or 80's type fast). I read an article that explained why California is losing a seat... and it didn't have to do with a declining population. California is still growing but not at the rate as some other states. I think Texas gets the extra seat... if I remember correctly. It can be googled...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

LOL keep telling yourself that. California is losing a congressional seat this go around. For the politically illiterate that means more people left than came in and the population went down.
        I can tell you I see a lot of CA license plates here in NV and the DMVs ....you need an appointment now where I never did before. It's getting crowded with people from CA moving here.

And that's just here. I'm sure Texas has got many as well, even AZ.

People are leaving CA in droves

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Top 10 Most Populous States: 2019
          Rank Geographic Area April 1, 2010
          (Estimates Base)
          July 1, 2018 July 1, 2019
          1 California 37,254,519 39,461,588 39,512,223
          2 Texas 25,146,091 28,628,666 28,995,881
          3 Florida 18,804,564 21,244,317 21,477,737
          4 New York 19,378,144 19,530,351 19,453,561
          5 Pennsylvania 12,702,868 12,800,922 12,801,989
          6 Illinois 12,831,572 12,723,071 12,671,821
          7 Ohio 11,536,751 11,676,341 11,689,100
          8 Georgia 9,688,729 10,511,131 10,617,423
          9 North Carolina 9,535,751 10,381,615 10,488,084
          10 Michigan 9,884,116 9,984,072 9,986,857

Full article

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...st-nation.html
          So they are set to lose a seat or maybe two after the 2020 census. Looks like there was a huge exodus after the dates you posted. States do not lose congressional seats for adding population.

California is poised to lose a congressional seat for the first time in its history as a state, based on U.S. Census Bureau population estimates released Monday that showed the nation’s growth continued to slow in 2019.

Some 27 states and the District of Columbia lost residents through net domestic migration between 2018 and 2019, the new census data show.

About 203,000 people left California in that period, a result of the state’s shifting migration patterns and economic strains that are making it harder to afford living here. New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Louisiana also saw large losses to other states.

California’s potential loss in reapportionment, which will be determined by next year’s census count, would drop the state’s number of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives from 53 to 52, said William Frey, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

“It’s got a lot to do with dispersion from California to the rest of the west,” Frey said. “Arizona, Texas and Colorado are all big destinations for California migrants, and they all are gaining seats.”

A 2019 relocation study by Texas Realtors found that 63,175 Californians moved to Texas in 2017, while California was the top destination for Texans to move — nearly 41,000 relocated here.

Texas is likely to gain three seats following the 2020 decennial count, according to Frey’s analysis of census data, while states such as Arizona, Colorado and Oregon may gain one seat apiece.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I can tell you I see a lot of CA license plates here in NV and the DMVs ....you need an appointment now where I never did before. It's getting crowded with people from CA moving here.

I hear these stories time and time again. And, no doubt, these are authentic stories for concern. But California, since the early 70's, has experienced this phenomenon at a much greater rate (influx of out-of-staters) more than any state in the nation over the last 50 years. When I was growing up in the 70's, the I-5 corridor north of 805 connection was nothing but blowing grass-lands as far as the eye could see. Now, it's solid houses. The same can be said of the southern corridors along I-5 and I-805. Eastern part (less so) too! I've seen new, continuous infra-structure construction for as long as I can remember... both in SD and LA. It is rare to meet a person in SD that was originally from the area... I'd say a 15-20% chance.

Trust me... us native Californians get where you're coming from... times 10!

Comment

• PMR9FAN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, in other words, Rivers gave up the last several games. And it sure looked that way....
              He threw it to the only guys who were open.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

So they are set to lose a seat or maybe two after the 2020 census. Looks like there was a huge exodus after the dates you posted. States do not lose congressional seats for adding population.

After what dates? The information is from the US census bureau as of July 2019. The 2010 population is the control #.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I am 100% supportive of people leaving California

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

After what dates? The information is from the US census bureau as of July 2019. The 2010 population is the control #.
                    I am not sure where those numbers come from. But the census is only every ten years, the yearly numbers must be states self reporting since we do not do a yearly census. California has been known to lie, a lot with data, they were caught lying to the NTSB regarding Tesla's and their safety numbers. All I know is according to your numbers it looks like California is growing but they are getting ready to lose 1-2 congressional seats. looks like we will have to wait until the official numbers come out after the census to get the truth. But as I said you do not lose congressional seats while growing so something is amiss.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I am not sure where those numbers come from. But the census is only every ten years, the yearly numbers must be states self reporting since we do not do a yearly census. California has been known to lie, a lot with data, they were caught lying to the NTSB regarding Tesla's and their safety numbers. All I know is according to your numbers it looks like California is growing but they are getting ready to lose 1-2 congressional seats. looks like we will have to wait until the official numbers come out after the census to get the truth. But as I said you do not lose congressional seats while growing so something is amiss.
                      Do you not think we, the USA, hasn’t had a population increase over the last decade?
                      So California can still have a population increase but not at the same % rate as other states. If you read the article it will explain the actual reasons behind population distribution like net immigration, declining birth rate, education, and economic opportunities.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Do you not think we, the USA, hasn’t had a population increase over the last decade?
                        So California can still have a population increase but not at the same % rate as other states. If you read the article it will explain the actual reasons behind population distribution like net immigration, declining birth rate, education, and economic opportunities.
                        I read it. So technically it may be accurate but it is only estimates. According to the SacBee California is losing a lot of people but they are making up for it in babies and illegal immigration (neither pay taxes).

Like I said I will wait for the 2020 Census to see the real numbers not estimates. If the officials in CA are panicking over the soon to be results it is bad. Its just like polling, there are the fake polls which are meant to drive public opinion and the internal polls which are accurate. Ill wait for the accurate one.

Texas, Arizona, Nevada and Oregon apparently looked pretty good to a lot of Californians last year.

About 691,000 people left California to live in other states in 2018, new census estimates indicate. At the same time, roughly 501,000 people came to California from other states, creating a net loss of about 190,000 residents in 2018.

From 2015 to 2017, California saw a net loss of between 129,000 and 143,000 residents to domestic migration each year, according to census estimates. (The state’s population continues to grow — though relatively slowly — due to migration from abroad and births.)

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I am 100% supportive of people leaving California
                          The problem for California is that a lot of the people that are leaving are the ones paying taxes, leaving behind a shrinking population of the wealthy and a growing out of control lower class that suck a ton of the budget. It is not sustainable.

Comment

Working...
                          X