Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I know Texas doesn't have state income tax but I heard their property tax is pretty high, would you agree?
    The property taxes in Texas are among the highest in the nation, but the cost of living discussion is right on the money. The cost of housing/assessed values in Texas are much lower than in many places in California for a comparable house, but the property tax rates are a lot higher.

On the cost of living issue, I currently pay about $2.20 for a gallon of gas in the Houston area and I temporarily go into shock whenever I visit Calfornia and have to buy gas.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I have always liked Texas as a place to live,
      if not SoCal/NorCal.

BTW Tiffany just had her baby in the last few days...why the Rivers clan got out of town in a hurry !
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

This thread is confusing... should I be mad about people trashing California...? Or just glad that they're leaving...? Adios Mofos!

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Adios lol.Enjoy the view from the Titanic lol.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            This thread is confusing... should I be mad about people trashing California...? Or just glad that they're leaving...? Adios Mofos!
            Be glad people are leaving. Los Angeles/Long Beach is the most densely populated metro in the US; the San Francisco - Oakland metropolis 2nd - San Jose 3rd.

Hopefully they all head to Dallas/Fort Worth, so the Texans can show how the law of supply and demand doesn't apply when you have all that freeeeedom there.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Adios lol.Enjoy the view from the Titanic lol.
              LOL! I'll enjoy the view from the mountains, ocean, and desert!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Be glad people are leaving. Los Angeles/Long Beach is the most densely populated metro in the US; the San Francisco - Oakland metropolis 2nd - San Jose 3rd.

Hopefully they all head to Dallas/Fort Worth, so the Texans can show how the law of supply and demand doesn't apply when you have all that freeeeedom there.
                More people are coming than leaving. It's been that way for a long time. It'll keep happening... as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow. People come out for vacation with eyes wide open... and never leave. I'm happy for you. Happy you love Texas so much. Good for you. It's not for me.

Now can we get back to football...? I understand there's a thread for politics here on TPB. Why don't you guys go over there and whine...? Just not buying what you're selling...

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I know Texas doesn't have state income tax but I heard their property tax is pretty high, would you agree?
                  Property tax rates are higher (I live in Arlington and pay around 2%, which is the norm for DFW). But property costs are way lower. I live in a 7,000+ sq ft house, with pretty nice finishes, on just under an acre...and I bought the house three years ago for under $1 million.

So I probably pay a higher rate than plenty of Californians, but what I actually pay in property taxes isn’t terrible. I know people in San Diego with a house half the size of mine on a much smaller piece of property who end up paying about the same because property values are so high.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

More people are coming than leaving. It's been that way for a long time. It'll keep happening... as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow. People come out for vacation with eyes wide open... and never leave. I'm happy for you. Happy you love Texas so much. Good for you. It's not for me.

Now can we get back to football...? I understand there's a thread for politics here on TPB. Why don't you guys go over there and whine...? Just not buying what you're selling...
                    LOL keep telling yourself that. California is losing a congressional seat this go around. For the politically illiterate that means more people left than came in and the population went down.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Property tax rates are higher (I live in Arlington and pay around 2%, which is the norm for DFW). But property costs are way lower. I live in a 7,000+ sq ft house, with pretty nice finishes, on just under an acre...and I bought the house three years ago for under $1 million.

So I probably pay a higher rate than plenty of Californians, but what I actually pay in property taxes isn’t terrible. I know people in San Diego with a house half the size of mine on a much smaller piece of property who end up paying about the same because property values are so high.
                      Literally everything else is so much cheaper in Texas so the cost of living is way lower than the Peoples Republic of California so a little extra in property taxes is no big deal at all.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

That's awesome! Sounds like a cool place. Certainly some good entertaining goes on there.

Me... I guess I got lucky. I got in right after the market took off. 2003...? I have a decent mortgage/taxes. My house isn't as big as yours. But I don't need all that. I like the fact that I can get to the beach in 15 minutes and build sand castles with my daughters. I like being 15 minutes from downtown so I can take my wife out dancing. Julian (my hometown) in the Fall... The desert for off-roading... Mexico is 20 minutes away... 3 hours to Big Bear for skiing... The SIERRA FRICKING NEVADAS!

That's where my home is... no need to politicize it like some here are doing. We're all BOLT BROTHERS here...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

LOL keep telling yourself that. California is losing a congressional seat this go around. For the politically illiterate that means more people left than came in and the population went down.
                          Top 10 Most Populous States: 2019
                          Rank Geographic Area April 1, 2010
                          (Estimates Base)
                          July 1, 2018 July 1, 2019
                          1 California 37,254,519 39,461,588 39,512,223
                          2 Texas 25,146,091 28,628,666 28,995,881
                          3 Florida 18,804,564 21,244,317 21,477,737
                          4 New York 19,378,144 19,530,351 19,453,561
                          5 Pennsylvania 12,702,868 12,800,922 12,801,989
                          6 Illinois 12,831,572 12,723,071 12,671,821
                          7 Ohio 11,536,751 11,676,341 11,689,100
                          8 Georgia 9,688,729 10,511,131 10,617,423