Rivers Family Packed Up And Left California.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwynning_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Probably. I give a lot of latitude before moving topics or coming in to moderate, and I was seriously considering moving it, but won't unless people get contentious. The Founder is free to do anything he wants though, lol.

How contentious can I get?

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

How contentious can I get?
      Knock yourself out! :shrug:
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The NFL is absolutely does not empower its players. With the franchise tag and shorter careers, few elite players move in their primes. The NBA is the ultimate example of player empowerment. There is a real benefit to be gained by living in a state that doesn’t charge income tax. But ultimately, it seems to have little impact. The only big free agents in recent memory that came to Texas was Dwight Howard to the Rockets and LeBron and Bosh to the Heat, but I don’t think taxes played a role.

The biggest names in the NBA ended up in high tax states like California and New York. So the favorable tax situations do not seem to be impacting player movement.

(There, tried to move this thread back in the direction of something mildly sports-related).

As to Rivers, I love the guy. I brought my second son home from the hospital in his jersey. He will always hold a special place in my heart. But I think he’s done. His line was shit this year, but he has a great set of skill position players. It breaks my heart, but it’s time for us to move on. It’ll hurt to see him in another jersey, but as long as he doesn’t rag on us loyal fans, I’ll always love him.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Jay Glazer on Colin Cowherd just reported that the Chargers have moved on from Philip Rivers. If so, very cowardly to not come forward in the public about it to where all this crap has to be leaked.

Discusses Brees possibly retiring as well. Don't know Glazer to well so not sure how much stock to put into it, 3:30 mark in video, I know he did break the Patriots taping the Bengals though.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Knock yourself out! :shrug:
            yeah, I was thinking about it, and I’ll pass.
            If it’s an OT thread or elsewhere on the site ok, but I come on here to talk some ball, have a few laughs and reminisce about the good times & bad of boltdom, and the possibilities for the future with other bolt fans. So if I just come out with a bunch of politically partisan shit-slinging in the middle of a thread, I don’t see anything good coming from it.

I just hope that now that it’s known that you can just hijack a thread with a bunch of that kind of OT stuff, it doesn’t wreck the vibe of this place and cause the kind of division and attrition we got from all of the Move/Spanos stuff.

I'm kind of interested of late in different takes on the Rapture though, so I may have to hit up the Q's for Christians thread eventually.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
              Jay Glazer on Colin Cowherd just reported that the Chargers have moved on from Philip Rivers. If so, very cowardly to not come forward in the public about it to where all this crap has to be leaked.

Discusses Brees possibly retiring as well. Don't know Glazer to well so not sure how much stock to put into it, 3:30 mark in video, I know he did break the Patriots taping the Bengals though.
              Glazier was kind of nonchalant about it, and it's not like the other guys acted surprised when he said that. Is it something then that everybody in the media and league already knows, or is this some kind of echo-chamber/group-think action at play?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Sucks if thats the truth.The way they discussed Brees and Brady and their possible futures and it seemed like Rivers was just an afterthought.Sad.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

Glazier was kind of nonchalant about it, and it's not like the other guys acted surprised when he said that. Is it something then that everybody in the media and league already knows, or is this some kind of echo-chamber/group-think action at play?
                  An echo chamber. The media is of the devil.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2019
                    • Send PM

I can confirm Rivers is here in Florida, how do I upload a photo?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I think the first order of business this off season should be settle the question of Rivers. So much will change if he's mot coming back - like who can they afford to keep among our own free agents, the $$ to spend on other teams FA's, the draft. They should settle that question right after the combine.

Gwynning spirit = 1 Theslonians 4:13-18
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                        I can confirm Rivers is here in Florida, how do I upload a photo?
                        Sb4R with eyes and ear on the situation...
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Sb4R with eyes and ear on the situation...
                          They are stating on sirius NFL radio that The Chargers have officially moved on from Rivers........

Comment

Working...
                          X