Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Time to give this thanks for this thanks logo:s
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Good may be stretching it. He's certainly not on a Gates level bad though. He certainly blocks better than Royal which is the trade off. He doesn't need to be on the line. It's more the threat of him moving between the slot and off tackle that forces teams to either keep a LB in the game or try to cover him with a CB/S which hurts their run defense. A lot of teams had to play nickle D vs. Us last season which gave us the advantage running the ball. If they switch to base, you send him in patterns vs. a LB who has no chance to cover him, so it forces a double team that opens up another player.
      I don't think Gates is a good blocker at all but from what I've seen, Green is just as bad, if not worse than Gates is.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I don't think Gates is a good blocker at all but from what I've seen, Green is just as bad, if not worse than Gates is.
        1. Gates has never been a good blocker, and you can teach an old dog new tricks, but with Green going into his 3rd year you think he would of improved.
        2. Gates is still can be effective,not dominate, but injuries and age is catching up to him, his drops have become a problem and last year he had some key drops
        3. There are a lot of TE who aren't great blockers, it is time to give Green more play period, this may be Gates last productive year, why you think he agree to restructure his contract, he probably got some good upfront guarantee money.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          1. Gates has never been a good blocker, and you can teach an old dog new tricks, but with Green going into his 3rd year you think he would of improved.
          2. Gates is still can be effective,not dominate, but injuries and age is catching up to him, his drops have become a problem and last year he had some key drops
          3. There are a lot of TE who aren't great blockers, it is time to give Green more play period, this may be Gates last productive year, why you think he agree to restructure his contract, he probably got some good upfront guarantee money.
          Well, the coaching staff who works very closely with him all the time hasn't yet, for whatever reason, thinks that he has warranted a big increase in playing time. What is it that they are seeing that we don't see? There was the article in the UT a week or so ago talking about his route running and how much better Gates was at it than he was. There was also mention of how he blew a couple of blocking assignments this past game. I don't think McCoy and Reich are stupid guys so clearly they must think that he simply isn't as good as an aging, gimpy Gates is at this point.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Well, the coaching staff who works very closely with him all the time hasn't yet, for whatever reason, thinks that he has warranted a big increase in playing time. What is it that they are seeing that we don't see? There was the article in the UT a week or so ago talking about his route running and how much better Gates was at it than he was. There was also mention of how he blew a couple of blocking assignments this past game. I don't think McCoy and Reich are stupid guys so clearly they must think that he simply isn't as good as an aging, gimpy Gates is at this point.

I don't think they are stupid some times coaches have veteran loyalty, I just think you have a guy who can make plays you get him on the field more than what we have.

Being from Ohio last year Cleveland WR Josh Gordon lead the league in receiving yards, the guy is a horrible route runner, but he gets by on sheer athletic ability. Minnesota Cordell Paterson same type of player tremendous athletic ability but terrible route runner, these guys make plays. Would of Keenan Allen got play before Floyd season ending injury? Bottom line you have a talent like that you have to get him in the game and throw at least 3 times his way. Game changing plays is what Gordon and Patterson do for their teams that what we need especially in close games like Arizona.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              his drops have become a problem
              Not any moreso than every year he has been in the league. Why are people so eager to ignore the stats? If anything, he has had fewer drops in the last few years than he had during the prime of his career. I have no idea where this misconception that Gates suddenly drops more passes than he did before has come from, but it is ridiculously wrong.
              Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Time to give this thanks for this thanks logo:s
                No worries.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                  Thanks logo:
                  Eli sucks. Gates rules.
                  Last edited by thelightningwill; 09-11-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X