POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Down From #6?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

01) Cincy/Burrow
    02) Wash DC/AT
    03) Detroit/Young
    04) NYG/Jeudy
    05) Carolina/Herbert
    06) LAC/Lamb
    07) Miami/Tua
    08) Az/D. Brown
    09) Jax/Simmons
    10) Browns/Wirfs
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargerBuckeye
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looking at the Value Chart, Miami's #18 this year is worth 900 points. To jump all the way up to our #6, worth 1600 points, they would need to cough up 700 points. The Fins' next year pick would be currently valued at half of that 900, at 450 points. Add that to #18's 900 and u get 1350. They would also have to give us their 2nd rounder, slightly overpaying at 340 points, or maybe their high 3rd rounder at 240 points. That would get it done.

I would still prefer not trading down so far. If we were to trade down from #6 (1600 pts) to #10 (1300) or so, we could pick up a late 2nd rounder with that 300 points and STILL get a quality top-10 player. If the big 3 QB's go top 9, that pushes the clusta of blue chippers right to us at #10...

image.png
      https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-V...equestTeam=LAC
      Then maybe pick 20 and the Jaguars 2020 1st rd pick. Who knows if they consider Minshew to be the Guy.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Pollcat strikes again....

I'll bite...not the best polls, too many variables....but I will try to provide a simplistic approach....if you really like a QB that isn't Burrow, Tua, or Herbert...but you don't believe you can get that guy in the second or late in the first...a trade back makes a ton of sense.

Another approach, one I would prefer, is to stay put and take that blue chipper like Simmons, Brown, Okuda, Jeudy...Thomas...Young...then trade back up into the first if necessary to get that guy, if it is feasible.

Getting both of the Turds first rounders for our first and a fourth is realistic, if Gruden falls in love with Herbert or Tua...and may be too good a deal to pass up....

I voted other...just too many scenarios
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Looking at the Value Chart, Miami's #18 this year is worth 900 points. To jump all the way up to our #6, worth 1600 points, they would need to cough up 700 points. The Fins' next year pick would be currently valued at half of that 900, at 450 points. Add that to #18's 900 and u get 1350. They would also have to give us their 2nd rounder, slightly overpaying at 340 points, or maybe their high 3rd rounder at 240 points. That would get it done.

I would still prefer not trading down so far. If we were to trade down from #6 (1600 pts) to #10 (1300) or so, we could pick up a late 2nd rounder with that 300 points and STILL get a quality top-10 player. If the big 3 QB's go top 9, that pushes the clusta of blue chippers right to us at #10...

image.png
          That chart is very rough....supply and demand and team need will drive the price up or down considerably.
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• ChargerBuckeye
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2020
            • Send PM

image.png
            And I'm thinking back towards the Falcons trade up 17 spots for Julio. A team like Jacksonville could afford to fork over a 2021 1st if they feel that someone like Justin Herbert is better for them than Minshew.

Comment

• BT3241
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2020
              • Send PM

History shows the 6th pick has always been a good pick - lots of HOFers - I say they use it.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

BB used to trade away our first round picks on orders from Spanos who did not want to play any first round picks........after the Leaf debacle, Spanos no longer wanted to pay for any spoiled first rounders.....
                That was really not the case. When Beathard was GM of Washington they only had 3 first round picks in 11 years. Then with the Chargers, he traded away 7 first round picks in 11 years. Most of those were before the Leaf pick. That was just his thing. He said he preferred a 2nd round pick now rather than 1st round pick a year later.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                  That was really not the case. When Beathard was GM of Washington they only had 3 first round picks in 11 years. Then with the Chargers, he traded away 7 first round picks in 11 years. Most of those were before the Leaf pick. That was just his thing. He said he preferred a 2nd round pick now rather than 1st round pick a year later.
                  No it was not the case. I swear to God, some of the made up crap on this board is unbelievable! Yes the Spanos family have been lousy owners, but jeez.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BT3241 View Post
                    History shows the 6th pick has always been a good pick - lots of HOFers - I say they use it.
                    Welcome to the Blues my man. Good to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Pollcat, you know the answer to this

Depends on who is on the board and who was drafted ahead of us.
                      Don't need a poll.
                      #6 (1600 points) would warrant a team like Miami giving up picks #18 (900 points) and #26 (700 points). I see no one player on the board that I would rather have than the two players we could get at picks #18 and #26. I also love the increased board control that such a trade back would give us. Our first three picks would all come within a 19 pick range and would be fairly evenly spread out (though not perfectly so). It would be difficult for us to be the victims of a run at a position with such a tight distribution of picks.

If we cannot pull off a trade back, that is okay, but a trade back seems like it could give us an extra top level player in a draft that seems to lack an obvious choice for us at #6.

Comment

image.png
                        The Dolphins have picks #18 and #26. Those picks are worth exactly 1600 points, the exact value of our #6 pick. That is the trade I would do if I were making the call for the Chargers.

There is no one player in this year's draft that I see being worth the two players that could be had at picks #18 and #26. I would trade back in a heartbeat, but it is always necessary to find a trading partner.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BT3241 View Post
                          Welcome to TPB! Bolt Up!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X