Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Plunkett was traded to the 49ers, not the Raiders and then was released after 2 years with them before signing with the Raiders.
    I forgot that but it makes the point even more - these guys can suddenly get it so I'm not ruling out Tyrod just yet.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

If the Bolts trade up to draft Tua or Herbert, but Tyrod Taylor leads the Chargers to a Super Bowl victory and is league MVP, then what?

Comment

• Kingcrimson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        If the Bolts trade up to draft Tua or Herbert, but Tyrod Taylor leads the Chargers to a Super Bowl victory and is league MVP, then what?
        Pretty sure AL and TT have a better grasp of who Tyrod is better than us who base it on his past.

If Lynn’s words are true that Tyrod improved since Buff, and Tyrod learned from sitting behind Rivers a year, I do believe that maybe his passing game probably got better. However, I doubt he can go from game-manager to league MVP and Superbowl MVP. They won’t draft a QB if that’s the case

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Do you do standup? :lmao:

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I don't believe that for a minute.
            Of course you don’t.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

If you trade up for Tua or Herbert, you lose at least your 6th and your 37th.
              Do you trade Simmons or Thomas + Swiff or I. Wilson for Tua or Herbert ?

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Pretty sure AL and TT have a better grasp of who Tyrod is better than us who base it on his past.

If Lynn’s words are true that Tyrod improved since Buff, and Tyrod learned from sitting behind Rivers a year, I do believe that maybe his passing game probably got better. However, I doubt he can go from game-manager to league MVP and Superbowl MVP. They won’t draft a QB if that’s the case
                Lynn also just said "Taylor is in the driver's seat for now" which isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement I've ever heard.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

I'm sure if that happened, they'd be ecstatic and would have really good depth or trade bait. But c'mon...

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Of course you don’t.
                    No, I don't. What purpose does pretending to have interest in Brady do but not actually signing him - show that our team can't close a free agent? Is it to make Taylor look like the backup plan at QB? Is that going to fill the new stadium?

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Lynn also just said "Taylor is in the driver's seat for now" which isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement I've ever heard.
                      Thing is, I’m personally not sold on any of the QBs in the draft. I rather go all in on Taylor for this year. Maybe trade back for a late 1st and another 2nd.

Burrow is unrealistic. I like Tua. But the injury news coming out makes him sketchy. Other than those two, there’s a big drop off. The chances on being a bust skyrockets. I see the rest of the 1st round QBs as average to above average. Kinda like Andy Dalton. good but not great. Why settle? I would love to be proven wrong, but that’s just my opinion.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

Thing is, I’m personally not sold on any of the QBs in the draft. I rather go all in on Taylor for this year. Maybe trade back for a late 1st and another 2nd.

Burrow is unrealistic. I like Tua. But the injury news coming out makes him sketchy. Other than those two, there’s a big drop off. The chances on being a bust skyrockets. I see the rest of the 1st round QBs as average to above average. Kinda like Andy Dalton. good but not great. Why settle? I would love to be proven wrong, but that’s just my opinion.
                        Speaking of Dalton, Daniel Jeremiah was on the radio a month or so ago and was discussing the Chargers potentially drafting a QB and the question of Taylor as the starter came up. He said he'd rather the Chargers offer a low to mid-round pick for Dalton as he is a way, way better QB than Taylor. Ugh.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I've been reviewing highlight videos of Herbert and Tua. Herbert has a big time arm and he has a decent run game for his size. He is accurate (I'm seeing his highlights, I know). He can drop a dime from 50-60 yards out. He reminds me of Buffalo's Josh Allen. Tua however is in a class by himself. If he were to drop to No. 6 due to his injuries, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. He is remarkable. He'd be different than any QB the Bolts have ever had. He's AL's dream. I'd love to see either QB as a Bolt and I think both would be worth trading up for.

Comment

Working...
                          X