Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    Any player that places football before his family is a player I don't want on my team.
    Originally posted by attila View Post
    Rivers was willing to miss birth no. 7 last year to play Jacksonville.
    Hmm... I may have to do a bit of backpedalling...

Wasn't he making a calculated guess that he wouldn't miss things? I mean, it's not as if she went into labor, and the baby came 8 days after the Jacksonville game, during the bye week. But yeah, he did make a comment about being there via Facetime. Just for the sake of trying to appear correct and not have to take back too many words ( ) I have to assume he was being a bit tongue-in-cheek.
    Adipose

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Isn't that par for the course?
      especially with the new cba and teams signing players to only 1-3 year contracts leaguewide, every team is gonna have a lot of turnover.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Hmm... I may have to do a bit of backpedalling...
        No backpedaling needed, if Rivers, his wife and family felt that was ok, who's to argue? Johnson obviously wanted to be there for the birth of his child. I tend to agree with Johnson, but then again, I don't have 7 kids.

Comment

• blahblahblah
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Isn't that par for the course?
          I understated. It's going to be above 70%.

People forget how bad this roster was 2 years ago and how many vets we let walk.

Comment

• Screeme
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I am pretty much on board with what McCoy is doing. I'm really hoping we can show growth this year by winning road games, especially versus teams we should beat. Some of those losses last year were brutal... redskins comes to mind.

But he seems to have the team on board, and clearly the public face he presents to media isn't what the team sees. (Which you always heard about Nov, but never seemed to exhibit)

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

In some of McCoy's more recent press conferences, he seems to be loosening up a bit.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He also doesn't seem as spazzy after a bit win. Those were some entertaining pressers last season.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  Ok. Norv was 3 games worse than the previous season his first season, McCoy was 2 games better than Norval's team his first season. McCoy +5. Norv is trash.
                  I will take 11-5 and advancing to the AFC Championship with a team that had not won a playoff game in over a decade over 14-2 against an extremely weak schedule and being upset in your first playoff game and certainly over a 7-9 to 9-7 improvement where coaching blunders contributed to more than one loss.

I agree with firing Norv by the way I just think he did some good things with this team that no one gives him credit for.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

This is progress, I guess. At least your signature is no longer, "Fuck McCoy" ... or whatever it was.
                    It used to be "Manage the damn game better McCoy!" or something like that.
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                      I will take 11-5 and advancing to the AFC Championship with a team that had not won a playoff game in over a decade over 14-2 against an extremely weak schedule and being upset in your first playoff game and certainly over a 7-9 to 9-7 improvement where coaching blunders contributed to more than one loss.

I agree with firing Norv by the way I just think he did some good things with this team that no one gives him credit for.
                      You will take three games worse than the year before and count that as a success? Apples to Oranges comparison in regards to the teams both took over. Norv took over a stacked team that was a #1 seed groomed by a very good head coach. McCoy took over a team with its worst record since, what, 2005 and had to fix what the previous, terrible head coach had left behind and led that to the playoffs. If you're going to count some losses on McCoy, does he not get credit for improbable victories as an underdog? Did Norv have a victory in any of his 6 seasons with the Bolts over a team remotely close to these Seahawks? Hell his career? Norv is shit.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

I think almost any one of us (except... :lya could have coached Norv's first team deep into the playoffs.
                        Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Re: facing decision to attend birth of child or play in game Philip Rivers said, "It hasn't happened to us yet." Leaves door open for an 8th
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X