• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    Well I guess I lose the argument. Emotional shit ain't my bag, so that's probably why I don't understand. I don't have a kid. But if I did I'd skip the birth and worry about the next 18 years.

For the record, I was only blaming Johnson. I know McCoy, if he had told Johnson no, would have had a hard time managing all those caring dads who see their kids maybe half the year. I mean -obviously family comes before football for them. McCoy did the only thing he could do.
    I don't think McCoy had a choice. Aren't there laws allowing for maternal and paternal time off?

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

I'm the one who complained about Jarret Johnson taking a game off. I think what he did was nonsense. The baby won't remember. If Johnson really thought family was more important than football, why is he going to keep playing football? Shouldn't he retire? I mean - it's not like the baby only exists for one day. I bet the baby would be better off with a healthy Johnson (pun intended) with less NFL PTSD and a less banged-up body. But I also bet Johnson doesn't give a shit about that. He cared about the one day - why? That one day doesn't matter. Women don't need men for that one day. They really don't. It's fucking science. We, as men, really aren't that important.

Oh well. It turns out I was wrong in one aspect. We didn't need Johnson. I mean, maybe he could have prevented that one non-touchdown the Seahawks scored - the one in which the player was out of bounds but some fixer made sure no replay was reviewed. But, maybe, without Johnson, we had a better pass rush. Glad to find out that Johnson is expendable. Glad we overcame the fixer and won.

I think my complaints are rational. But I have a lot of backward thoughts most people think are insane. Like being a Chargers fan.

And Mike McCoy really does seem like a good coach. I hope people can see what's-his-face, the OC last year, really wasn't the difference maker for the offense. It was McCoy.

Go Super Chargers.
      Wow, you've posted some ignorant shit in the past, but this takes the cake. Who the fuck cares what the baby can or cannot remember. Johnson remembers. His wife remembers. The people closest to him remember. He's got his priorities right.

Do you think Gates' sister remembers him being with her at the end? But you can bet the rest of the family and his friends and teammates remember and appreciate him all the more for that.

And because the organization gives the players the leeway to get their priorities straight, the players in turn give that much more for the organization.

Football is just a game. Fuck football. Any player that places football before his family is a player I don't want on my team.
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        Needs to be better than 11-9 (if we lost that game he is a .500 coach) with some serious coaching blunders before I am 100% on board with the guy but it was nice to see our offense didn't leave with Whiz.

Since Henning I would still put Ross, Marty, and Norv ahead of him but if we can stop letting down against horrible teams and have some smart coaching strategies when managing the game I can put up with his bland media personallity.

Marty because we needed the culture change and even if it took 3 seasons and a Brees blossom he eventually did it.
        Ross and Norv each went 11-5 and won a playoff game or two their first season.
        This is progress, I guess. At least your signature is no longer, "Fuck McCoy" ... or whatever it was.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

I know McCoy, if he had told Johnson no, would have had a hard time managing all those caring dads who see their kids maybe half the year.
          Dude, just because your dad wasn't there for you doesn't mean all dads are douchebags. These players go to a job, like most other people, but they come home to their families at night.
          Adipose

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I had to fly across country to go on a job interview 2 days after my 1st daughter was born. Dream job, at the program my Dad founded, perfect fit with my academic specialty, and the only chance for my wife to be back near her family. And it is still the biggest regret that I wasn't there to bring them home from the hospital, even though I got the job.

JJ absolutely did the right thing by not playing.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              I don't think McCoy had a choice. Aren't there laws allowing for maternal and paternal time off?
              Is there really a law for paternal time off?

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Just imagine how many Games Cromartie & Shawn Kemp have missed

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  Dude, just because your dad wasn't there for you doesn't mean all dads are douchebags. These players go to a job, like most other people, but they come home to their families at night.
                  My dad's not a douche. Sorry I gave you that impression.

You seem upset about what I've written, so I'll stop posting on this topic. Like I said, I really don't understand emotions. Picture Spock with prettier ears and a lot less knowledge - that's me. Mr. Spock, not Dr. Spock.

Not sure what ignorant shit I've written before, but I'm sure I've said some stuff that was wrong. Most of the stuff I write is not really serious. I love the Chargers and I'm addicted to this site, but I'm rarely serious about anything. And generally I'm on your side of arguments. I mean, shit, I love the Chargers, Spanish, and classical music - even opera (opera - no Oprah).

After all was said and done, Johnson missing the game didn't hurt us. Oneinchpunch was right on that one. I'm happy to know Johnson is replaceable.

McCoy rules. Go Chargers.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Is there really a law for paternal time off?
                    Uh, yeah...
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

My dad's not a douche. Sorry I gave you that impression.
                      I apologize for that. I had gotten that impression from something you posted; I was mistaken.
                      Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        I apologize for that. I had gotten that impression from something you posted; I was mistaken.
                        No apology necessary. I'll live. Go Chargers. McCoy is the shit.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Oneinchpunch was right on that one.
                          You owe me an apology.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X