• Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
    We're rebuilding. Sorry.
    this is hardly a major rebuild. if it was we wouldn't have pursued and kept playing so many vets instead of just playing all the rookies and less experienced players.

Comment

• PowderBlues
      The Godfather
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      Yeah, I think the Family Act gives both parents the right to take time off for the birth of their child with no repercussions or fear of losing their jobs.
      I just had a little girl in February. I tend to be fairly stoic but seeing her and hanging with her are the greatest things in my life. Love her to death. But to respond to this post, yes there are laws giving fine for paternity leave. The date paid me 6 weeks at my disability rate and I took another 6 of using my sick time. My wife got even more because she got the same 12 weeks as me for "baby bonding" leave and also got 6 weeks of disability for having the baby. I can explain the process further for any future dads or anyone curious.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBlues View Post
        I just had a little girl in February. I tend to be fairly stoic but seeing her and hanging with her are the greatest things in my life. Love her to death. But to respond to this post, yes there are laws giving fine for paternity leave. The date paid me 6 weeks at my disability rate and I took another 6 of using my sick time. My wife got even more because she got the same 12 weeks as me for "baby bonding" leave and also got 6 weeks of disability for having the baby. I can explain the process further for any future dads or anyone curious.
        Waitaminute, who is "PowderBlues"? Fleet?

Comment

• blahblahblah
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          this is hardly a major rebuild. if it was we wouldn't have pursued and kept playing so many vets instead of just playing all the rookies and less experienced players.
          It's a rebuild + a QB. Every team has some veteran players. We're going to see over 50% roster turnover in 3 years, probably more like 75%. Next year it will be Rivers, Gates, Floyd, Liuget, Butler, Weddle, Scifres, Novak, Green...Reyes? Am I missing anyone? Will all of Wright, Gilchrist, Stuckey, and Clary be back? That's max 26% retention over 3 years. Maybe throw in Tutu?

Comment

• attila
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post

Football is just a game. Fuck football. Any player that places football before his family is a player I don't want on my team.
            Rivers was willing to miss birth no. 7 last year to play Jacksonville.

Comment

• blahblahblah
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

It's a rebuild + a QB. Every team has some veteran players. We're going to see over 50% roster turnover in 3 years, probably more like 75%. Next year it will be Rivers, Gates, Floyd, Liuget, Butler, Weddle, Scifres, Novak, Green...Reyes? Am I missing anyone? Will all of Wright, Gilchrist, Stuckey, and Clary be back? That's max 26% retention over 3 years. Maybe throw in Tutu?
              Or considered another way, 9 of the 22 starters yesterday were on this roster 19 regular season games ago.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Okay, I get your point now. You weren't talking about age, just that we have a lot of players who weren't on the team a couple seasons ago.

Comment

• maurile
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If it's nine months before a football game -- from December through April -- wear a condom.

Comment

• PowderBlues
                    The Godfather
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    Waitaminute, who is "PowderBlues"? Fleet?
                    I've been a lurker since the old spot. I just started posting more.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBlues View Post
                      I've been a lurker since the old spot. I just started posting more.
                      Glad to see you posting more. How does it feel to have this palace named after you?

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Our roster last year was the weakest since...2003? 2002? We're in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild. It's not like he's taking over a team that just went 14-2 or anything.
                        Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        We're not rebuilding. Let's win this year.
                        We're rebuilding. Sorry.

Not that we can't win, it's just that we shouldn't with how thing we are in the trenches and the amount of dead cap space the last 2 years. Still flushing the AJ mistakes out of our system.
                        Nah, as long as we have a franchise QB, it's never quite a complete rebuild. Last year was a mini 1-year rebuild, or restocking, and we shocked everyone by making the playoffs. This year we have holes, yes, but so does every other team out there. We are no longer in rebuilding mode -- this is legitimate championship contender mode.
                        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

We're going to see over 50% roster turnover in 3 years...
                          Isn't that par for the course?
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X