• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
    I mean I love Taylor but it’s starting to feel criminally wrong we’re starting him with this stacked team lol.
    We still have the draft!
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

He is a really solid anchor. All the moving parts suffer when the foundation is loose. And that 2 gap NT spot hasn't been prime for a while. Mebane was declining anyways when he got here. This is a meat on the bone player who will stay healthy and get his 500 snaps in base. Stop the run. Look like a beast on the field. Give us some thump attitude again. Good player who was the cog on a great D for a while.
      Mebane had 8 - 9 good games the first season; then he got injured and never was the same.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'll disagree about Rivers taking too much money. Everything I read says teams can always find the money if they want. And this is shown to be true by teams like the Broncs who can always find money for top players and never seem to suffer any later year cap issues.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          I'll disagree about Rivers taking too much money. Everything I read says teams can always find the money if they want. And this is shown to be true by teams like the Broncs who can always find money for top players and never seem to suffer any later year cap issues.
          PR got a 1 year deal. They are not sure about him either. If he can regain his composure and play smart football then he continues. If not $25 million is a nice retirement check.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
            Hopefully more trench bolstering moves. Stay tuned. Why they didnt sign these types of players last year boggles my mind
            But Thomas Davis...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

When Linval Joseph was in the draft, I was hoping the Chargers would draft him.

He's been a solid player for quite a few years. Not a superstar, but a solid vet. Great signing.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

We got roughly $9-10m left to sign someone. Who you guys taking?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

He's been a solid player for quite a few years. Not a superstar, but a solid vet. Great signing.
                  I think the Chargers defense with Derwin, Bosa and even Ingram have the "playmakers" -- they needed dirt worker role players. Joseph does this. Jenkins at S - needs to do this. the Linebackers., Tillery, Justin Jones. To quote Hoodie "do your job" - because if they do their job - that allows the super talents of 33 and 97 to be the stars. Sorry, thats the way these things work. Now if they get Simmons, thats another playmaker. Hayward and Harris might be part play maker too but to a lesser degree.

Either way, pretty happy with the offseason - they are trending the right damn way.

Rivers should be a little frustrated - I know I am damn well am.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Joseph's 64 yd fumble return TD in 2018 was impressive. The big man can run.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Yeah, I know. But the good thing is Rivers is going to play somewhere where he finally has a good O-line. He gets to play with an elite offensive linemen like Quenton Nelson.

Please no. Square is overrated. His pass rushing sucks. It contributed to why this team was so horrible outside of Bosa and Ingram. Plus, the team needs to make room to see more of Broughton.

We got a player, Joseph, who is almost like Mebane when he came to Chargers. Then we have Jones, who is limited as a pass rusher. His pre-draft reports tell you that.

This team is hoping Tillery fulfills his potential on being the pass rusher they drafted him to be. He might take a bit more time to do that. So they need to find another pass rush rusher at DT, who can also help push Tillery. He didn't have that with the unit he was with last year.

I'll put it clearly, the interior is not going to improve with the unit being nearly the same. The team needs a pass rusher on the interior, other than just one guy. The defense has enough run stoppers.
                      Let's get a good pocket pushing DT in the DRAFT!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Derrick Brown ?

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

I liked him in the draft too.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X