• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Great add!.... now we have 2 great CB's....... filling holes (4 filled so far) prior to draft getting ready to acquire a great rookie QB and rebuilding the offense........

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't want the Bolts to trade out of 6 unless Simmons is gone. I am not sure the Jags would want to take QB - they might be Tanking for Trevor too.
      No one is "tanking" the season already. The draft hasn't even started yet lol. Really weird how fans think shit like this.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

A rookie QB has never won a SB though. Tua would probably sit for a year. Could Herbert really be the first? Doubtful.
        Best chance for SB win this year might be Tyrod, just taking care of and protecting the football.
        Whichever rookie QB we land this year should be well setup for the following season.
        Tyrod is a basic game manager and will not make playoffs or win SB...... its not likely a rookie even an elite one like Burrow or Tua will do it either as a rookie but an elite rookie QB will have many years of success beyond his rookie year...... which with the right coach and team around him may need to a SB or more.....

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Charge, you need to come down from that, or at least be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. I’m tellin’ ya.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Tyrod is a basic game manager and will not make playoffs or win SB...... its not likely a rookie even an elite one like Burrow or Tua will do it either as a rookie but an elite rookie QB will have many years of success beyond his rookie year...... which with the right coach and team around him may need to a SB or more.....
            ..................... you just took your own credibility away with your first sentence, sir.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Turner, Bulaga, Harris, Joseph play my basic FA wish list positions. Thanks Tom!

Comment

• El_Tee
                I’m No Noob
                • Sep 2019
                • Disney World, FL
                • Send PM

I am happy with these signings, it seems Telesco is pulling out the stops for 2020.

we made the same play for Brady, for all we know we offfered a better contract and he wanted Tampa. It is what it is.

We got one of the best RTs and CBs available in FA, plus made a solid trade for a great guard and upgraded the DL. Retained Henry. Extended Ekeler.

And we didn’t lose any 2020 draft capital. We’re in a good spot. This wasn’t a “tank for the next draft” series of moves. To say that is a weird flex.

I lived an hour from Buffalo during the Tyrod days. He wasn’t a bad QB. He was off-injured in stupid ways, but I’m willing to give him some found maturity and hopefully learning and working hard for this opportunity.

But back to Harris, at least he will keep Keenan motivated during practices LOLOL.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post
                  Wow where has TT been all these years? Did Campen take over as GM? Lol

Whats the contract for Harris?
                  Two things:
                  1. TT was kind of hamstrung by Rivers's mega contracts, so not a whole lot of cap room...(still, I would have liked to have seen a few trades...)
                  2. TT now has $$$ to play with, but he's also in the hot seat. Either win now, or he may well be gone after next season...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If we have the #1 defense then we can win a SB with Tyrod. Thats how Dilfer and Hostetler won it. And Brad Johnson to name a few.
                    ^ This.

DEFENSE
                    WINS
                    CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This.

DEFENSE
                      WINS
                      CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
                      When I said that last week, someone said that it was old story,that it no longer existed.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

When I said that last week, someone said that it was old story,that it no longer existed.
                        Well, Mani, u and I will keep saying it again, and again, and...again...because it's TRUE! Imagine...adding Simmons now...the icing on the cake!

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

NFL Rumors: Tom Brady reportedly asked for identical 2-year, $60M packages from Bucs, Chargers

So the Bolts can spend for FAs only because Rivers contract is gone? But they can offer Brady 60 mil and can't offer Rivers 25mil? I say it again, the cap room is there, the Bolts just chose to go cheap when Rivers was at qb.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X