• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Chargers Got C+ For Harris and Joseph Signing

According to ESPN, the Chargers haven't done good moves on defense.
    Harris is no longer able to play inside.
    Joseph : injury concern and not so good against the pass.
    I tough it was a very good wednesday despite covid-19 ...
  • Chuckeezy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2019
    • Send PM

Slay would have been better, but I don’t know what they would trade for him,

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

All l i know is that Broncos fans and Vikings fans seemed to want them back.

but yeah, when you pick up free agents 30+ years old, you are taking an additional gamble.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Lol what idiot wrote that? I highly doubt we play Harris in the inside. Joseph was just on the NFL top 100 a year ago. He misses on average 1-2 games per year. That is not that bad.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          All l i know is that Broncos fans and Vikings fans seemed to want them back.

but yeah, when you pick up free agents 30+ years old, you are taking an additional gamble.
          2 year contracts for reasonable money are not big gambles.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            According to ESPN, the Chargers haven't done good moves on defense.
            Harris is no longer able to play inside.
            Joseph : injury concern and not so good against the pass.
            I tough it was a very good wednesday despite covid-19 ...
            Its all about how you use them in YOUR scheme. And both look like they are here for specific packages we run.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlackMamba
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

PFF gave us two elite grades for the Bulaga and Harris additions, and average for Joseph. I wouldn't read too much into these. At the very least, no one is saying we gave out terrible contracts. Most seem to be high on our moves, and the fan base in general seems to approve.

Utimately, we'll see if these work out in the fall, but all in all TT navigated the offseason very well so far IMO. Guys who weren't producing were cut loose, the most important internal FAs were retained (with a great deal for Ekeler), he won the Okung-Turner trade, and signed veterans that are still producing to very reasonable short-term deals, all while filling some key holes in the process. We're well positioned now going into the draft to either go for the franchise QB if we believe in the guy enough, or just sit back and take BPA with no glaring non-QB holes to fill. What's not to like?

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                San Diego Native
                • Feb 2019
                • Farmington, NM
                • Send PM

Walter Football thought very highly of the signings:

Chargers sign DT Linval Joseph (2 years, $17 million): A- Grade
                Tom Telesco is one of the most underrated general managers in the NFL, so it's no surprise that the Chargers are quietly enjoying a quality offseason. They've revamped their offensive line with Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner, and now they've signed Linval Joseph to a very reasonable deal.

Joseph used to be one of the better 4-3 defensive tackles in the NFL. That has changed now that he's 32, but he's still a strong run stuffer who can get after the quarterback a bit. The former aspect of Joseph's game is important for the Chargers, who were trampled by opposing ground attacks last year. Joseph will be a huge boon in improving the ground defense, and the Chargers are not breaking the bank to acquire him. There's a slight concern that Joseph's play could fall off a cliff at his age, but the Chargers aren't taking much of a risk in signing him.

Chargers sign CB Chris Harris (2 years, $20 million): A+ Grade
                Chris Harris has been one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL over the past decade, but he turns 31 in June. He'll likely regress soon, so it makes sense that the Chargers gave him a 2-year contract. They've protected themselves by taking a lower-risk move, and yet, this signing has plenty of upside.

This is a terrific acquisition. The Chargers had a hole at cornerback across from Casey Hayward. Now, the Chargers have one of the best cornerback trios in the NFL, as Harris, Hayward and Desmond King will shut down opposing aerial attacks. Even better, the Chargers were able to poach a talented player from a hated rival, so there's nothing to dislike about this signing. It's very much worth an A+ grade, or an "A" grade at the very minimum.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                  Lol what idiot wrote that? I highly doubt we play Harris in the inside. Joseph was just on the NFL top 100 a year ago. He misses on average 1-2 games per year. That is not that bad.
                  He will also be heavily rotated in our D to keep him fresh.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

From the outside looking in...to me...TT is having a solid off season. Possibly the best of his tenure so far. A solid draft, a little luck avoiding the injury bug and the bolts will have but a single weakness. QB. The Oline moves really stick out to me. Tagged Henry. Still need a RB to compliment Ekeler. With Ingram and Bosa applying pressure, the secondary could be among the best in the NFL. WR corp is primed, maybe need a slot guy. Added a run stuffer. Get a sideline to sideline type LB'er and this team will have a whole new look.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

These are solid vets who bring pro bowl pedigrees to the locker room, and who all still have at least a couple solid years left.

We got better as a team, maintained mentorship in the locker room, filled some needs before the draft, and didn't break the bank doing it....nuff' said
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                        Correct. Joseph missed 3 games last year, 4 in 2015. Barely played his rook year. Other than that, he's been in there all or nearly all games...

image.png

Comment

Working...
                        X