• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bayareaboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

This is "BSpn" we are talking about here. Bunch of overrated analysts. We let go of Thomas (36 turns 37 this year?) And an aging Mebane. We replaced them with Harris (30, 31 this year) Joseph (30) Bulaga (30) and Trai Turner (27) for Okung (been injured and is 34/35? I don't see the problem they see, do you? Hell we got them at a very good bargain. All these guys we signed are All Pro / Pro bowlers aside from Bulaga. To me, this is TTs best FA offseasons.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Harris inside makes sense.
      maybe King gets more outside duties?
      he was a ballhawk in college playing on the boundary
      That’s a conflict I see. Both guys great inside. Makes me think we play Harris on the outside

Comment

• Eurobolt
        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

That’s a conflict I see. Both guys great inside. Makes me think we play Harris on the outside
        Trade King ?

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I don’t think so. King was not as effective in the slot last year. In fact he was kinda bad at times. Milus coached Harris his first couple seasons. He knows where to play him. Slot.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Arlington, TX
            • Send PM

I'm not sure that King is fast enough to play outside. Plus, he is a beast in the slot. He just didn't have much help in the secondary. Derwin returning will help a lot.

Harris can play inside or outside, so keep him outside - even if it's not his strongest spot. He'll be fine there, imo.

If we trade King and move Harris inside, we have created another hole at CB that we had just filled. Doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

King can play any position in the secondary. He is very valuable from that standpoint. But he did have a down year in 2019 after a great 2018. Hope he bounces back. Seems like he lost focus on defense and as a returner, too.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                King can play any position in the secondary. He is very valuable from that standpoint. But he did have a down year in 2019 after a great 2018. Hope he bounces back. Seems like he lost focus on defense and as a returner, too.

TG
                He must have had something serious going on outside of football because he looked like his head was not in the game after about week four, which is unusual for him.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Arlington, TX
                  • Send PM

Hey, if King outside and Harris inside works, then I'm fine with that.

I just think trading King would be a bad idea and that they both need to be on the field for us as much as possible as they are both big play makers.

Comment

• jkru
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

King to fill the Phillips role... now that he is with the Patriots. Versatility with two above average slot corners is awesome. King will be available to rotate if needed with Harris as slot corner.

Continue to look at Nas as FS ... or maybe CB2 this preseason? Davis probably stays as #2 unless he gets poached for his tender.

King's contract negotiation for next season could be interesting, since it's unlikely Harris is the long term solution. Harris could be released after year 1, and the role given back to King.

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Arlington, TX
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jkru View Post
                      King to fill the Phillips role... now that he is with the Patriots. Versatility with two above average slot corners is awesome. King will be available to rotate if needed with Harris as slot corner.

Continue to look at Nas as FS ... or maybe CB2 this preseason? Davis probably stays as #2 unless he gets poached for his tender.

King's contract negotiation for next season could be interesting, since it's unlikely Harris is the long term solution. Harris could be released after year 1, and the role given back to King.
                      Ah. I didn't realize Phillips was gone. That makes a lot of sense now.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

If the patriots signed Phillips cheap, then we took an L by not re-signing him.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bayareaboltfan View Post
                          This is "BSpn" we are talking about here. Bunch of overrated analysts. We let go of Thomas (36 turns 37 this year?) And an aging Mebane. We replaced them with Harris (30, 31 this year) Joseph (30) Bulaga (30) and Trai Turner (27) for Okung (been injured and is 34/35? I don't see the problem they see, do you? Hell we got them at a very good bargain. All these guys we signed are All Pro / Pro bowlers aside from Bulaga. To me, this is TTs best FA offseasons.
                          I agree.....best off season yet(aside from letting Rivers go) i can remember many chief fans calling on NFL radio and saying they wanted Chiefs to sign Harris...... 3 good things about signing Harris is it makes Chargers better, and keeps him away from chiefs, raiders and donkeys.....

If Chargers would have signed Brady, the media would have trashed that..... yet he signs in TB, and they love it!????.....

Its about hating or not caring about chargers.......

Comment

Working...
                          X