• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
    From the outside looking in...to me...TT is having a solid off season. Possibly the best of his tenure so far. A solid draft, a little luck avoiding the injury bug and the bolts will have but a single weakness. QB. The Oline moves really stick out to me. Tagged Henry. Still need a RB to compliment Ekeler. With Ingram and Bosa applying pressure, the secondary could be among the best in the NFL. WR corp is primed, maybe need a slot guy. Added a run stuffer. Get a sideline to sideline type LB'er and this team will have a whole new look.
    SIMMONS
    SIMMONS
    SIMMONS

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
      Walter Football thought very highly of the signings:

Chargers sign DT Linval Joseph (2 years, $17 million): A- Grade
      Tom Telesco is one of the most underrated general managers in the NFL, so it's no surprise that the Chargers are quietly enjoying a quality offseason. They've revamped their offensive line with Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner, and now they've signed Linval Joseph to a very reasonable deal.

Joseph used to be one of the better 4-3 defensive tackles in the NFL. That has changed now that he's 32, but he's still a strong run stuffer who can get after the quarterback a bit. The former aspect of Joseph's game is important for the Chargers, who were trampled by opposing ground attacks last year. Joseph will be a huge boon in improving the ground defense, and the Chargers are not breaking the bank to acquire him. There's a slight concern that Joseph's play could fall off a cliff at his age, but the Chargers aren't taking much of a risk in signing him.

Chargers sign CB Chris Harris (2 years, $20 million): A+ Grade
      Chris Harris has been one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL over the past decade, but he turns 31 in June. He'll likely regress soon, so it makes sense that the Chargers gave him a 2-year contract. They've protected themselves by taking a lower-risk move, and yet, this signing has plenty of upside.

This is a terrific acquisition. The Chargers had a hole at cornerback across from Casey Hayward. Now, the Chargers have one of the best cornerback trios in the NFL, as Harris, Hayward and Desmond King will shut down opposing aerial attacks. Even better, the Chargers were able to poach a talented player from a hated rival, so there's nothing to dislike about this signing. It's very much worth an A+ grade, or an "A" grade at the very minimum.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php
      I think I like the Walter rating better than the other pundit...

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

SIMMONS
        SIMMONS
        SIMMONS
        It may be blasphemy to say, but this kid runs sideline to sideline better than Seau. He won't thump like Seau, but I don't think he's weak in run stopping ability either.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

It may be blasphemy to say, but this kid runs sideline to sideline better than Seau. He won't thump like Seau, but I don't think he's weak in run stopping ability either.
          And the way Simmons turns on the jets and really wraps up his tackles around the legs...reminds me of...Derwin...

Comment

• ChargerTrader
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

The Athletic gave the Chargers a nice writeup as well. I would share the link, but it is behind a paywall.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

From the outside looking in...to me...TT is having a solid off season. Possibly the best of his tenure so far. A solid draft, a little luck avoiding the injury bug and the bolts will have but a single weakness. QB. The Oline moves really stick out to me. Tagged Henry. Still need a RB to compliment Ekeler. With Ingram and Bosa applying pressure, the secondary could be among the best in the NFL. WR corp is primed, maybe need a slot guy. Added a run stuffer. Get a sideline to sideline type LB'er and this team will have a whole new look.
                How so? It's a friggin' dumpster fire once you get past KA and Williams. :shrug:

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Harris belongs inside. His numbers inside have always been phenomenal and they were really good again last year. He had to play outside a lot more under Fangio and that is where his numbers are lower (although still pretty good).

Joseph can still play inside.

Both are upgrades for the Chargers at reasonable prices and only for 2 years so not locked in long term.

Do these guys even watch football on TV, let alone look at coaches film, before they write this stuff?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

How so? It's a friggin' dumpster fire once you get past KA and Williams. :shrug:
                    I said "Primed" not elite. You've got a solid #1 and #2, that's primed to me. Especially if you consider Henry as part of the WR corp. Now, add a slot guy (as I said) via FA's or the draft. Should be a good draft to find gem in the rough type of WR that can play inside.
                    sigpic

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Harris inside makes sense.
                      maybe King gets more outside duties?
                      he was a ballhawk in college playing on the boundary
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I said "Primed" not elite. You've got a solid #1 and #2, that's primed to me. Especially if you consider Henry as part of the WR corp. Now, add a slot guy (as I said) via FA's or the draft. Should be a good draft to find gem in the rough type of WR that can play inside.
                        Having 2 guys when you need 3 at a minimum, is far from "primed" for anything other than disappointment. And HH isn't a WR, so no idea why'd you'd consider him as one. Now, we do have the ability to potentially fix that through the draft, but the fact is that our WR corps is completely barren outside of 2 guys. And of those 2, Williams can't seem to stay healthy.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          According to ESPN, the Chargers haven't done good moves on defense.
                          Harris is no longer able to play inside.
                          Joseph : injury concern and not so good against the pass.
                          I tough it was a very good wednesday despite covid-19 ...
                          if another team had signed them, they would have rated them higher..... if chargers do something its assumed that its a bad thing........

Comment

Working...
                          X