OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

This will be with us until a vaccine is produced.
    Good thing we have science instead of just prayers.
    Hey they go hand in hand sometimes. My wife is the more religious of us but she's also the scientist in the family

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm praying God will guide the scientists.
      Scientists, doctors, grocery workers, basically every essential frontline person during this whole ordeal. Isn't it strangely wonderful that even though we're all technically apart, we're all in this together? God has a way to bring people together even amidst crisis and tragedy.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Judging by the recent spike in So Korea, who seemed to have things completely under control, I wouldn't hold my breath on that being the case.
        Reality won't return to normal until a vaccine is found or there is treatment. But I can see the US and everyone else attempting various measures to have some semblance of normalcy. Though as I mentioned earlier I don't see certain events with large gatherings happening for a while.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Is that the year we all met up in SF?
          Not sure and I know Castillo was on the team when we took over the back section of the Candlestick parking lot. Powder Blue for as far as the eye could see.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Reality won't return to normal until a vaccine is found or there is treatment. But I can see the US and everyone else attempting various measures to have some semblance of normalcy. Though as I mentioned earlier I don't see certain events with large gatherings happening for a while.
            I know this - I'm getting tired of simply staying home. I don't have all that much time left on Earth and I'd like to enjoy it way more this allows. I can't even go see my kids - it stinks! But, I'll stay put until they say it's safe again. I won't like it though.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I know this - I'm getting tired of simply staying home. I don't have all that much time left on Earth and I'd like to enjoy it way more this allows. I can't even go see my kids - it stinks! But, I'll stay put until they say it's safe again. I won't like it though.
              We don’t like it either Roo but we will adhere to the guidelines set by the medical professionals. Gonna be a block party when the vaccine arrives though!
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Here's a nice, big can of worms....
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We don’t like it either Roo but we will adhere to the guidelines set by the medical professionals. Gonna be a block party when the vaccine arrives though!
                  Us too, we only leave to go to the store. Was bored, waxed my car only for it to sit and get rained on today and left dust spots in it lol. Guess i got something to do tomorrow..

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Is there nowhere near you that you can go without being put at risk? I end up just walking around my neighborhood to get some air and then try to ease isolation by video chatting with friends and family. But once again, I'm not in the same at risk group as you. We also sometimes visit the local university and walk around.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I haven't been anywhere since a few days before this started. I do go outside when the weather is decent. We have a big wraparound deck that's nice but it's still chilly - 52 and rain today. It has afforded me more time to study my Bible but I can't attend a Bible study. If I could go to Lowes or Home Depot I could bring home some material and make something.

Meantime I need to remember there are many worse off than me - I think of that poor family in Tenn. that had a family reunion and lost several members to the virus. I remember many of the effects of life during WW2 but it wasn't this bad here in the USA.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Nothing is guaranteed in life.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                          Nothing is guaranteed in life.
                          I've heard that!
                          Hey, I like your screen name - brings back some found memories.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X