OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
    Okay, so to anyone's knowledge here, have there been any direct cases of COVID-19 at your respective workplaces?
    Pretty sure my wife and kid had it in late Nov into early Dec and it hit them twice. Also 99% sure one of my coaches for my team had it in early Jan and he had all the symptoms. Falls in line with the belief that this has been in CA for quite some time now.

Went over the Bay Bridge early this week and there’s a large testing center on the pier to the left going into SF. It was empty nobody there. We talked to a black guy that tried to get a test and they denied him and told him he needs a note from his doctor. He was pissed. We drive by again later and they did have a worker sweeping the parking lot. Nobody there but the workers.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Pretty sure my wife and kid had it in late Nov into early Dec and it hit them twice. Also 99% sure one of my coaches for my team had it in early Jan and he had all the symptoms. Falls in line with the belief that this has been in CA for quite some time now.

Went over the Bay Bridge early this week and there’s a large testing center on the pier to the left going into SF. It was empty nobody there. We talked to a black guy that tried to get a test and they denied him and told him he needs a note from his doctor. He was pissed. We drive by again later and they did have a worker sweeping the parking lot. Nobody there but the workers.

There are very limited tests available. The criteria to get tested is fairly extensive in most places.
      Trump keeps touting the incredible amount of testing. We have only tested about 1% of our population thus far. We have a long way to go.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Well we got the word yesterday that the kids will not be returning to school for the rest of the year. My oldest son's Senior year. Really really sucks for him. I'm sure they won't have a graduation ceremony. & That sucks for me.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

There are very limited tests available. The criteria to get tested is fairly extensive in most places.
          Trump keeps touting the incredible amount of testing. We have only tested about 1% of our population thus far. We have a long way to go.
          Pretty much makes the large empty testing center all but useless then. The news crews love it though.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I'm just wondering how this shut down due to the COVID-19 is effecting everyone?

I'm simply staying home because I'm 84 and I have emphysema. We're losing about $1500 per month of our income.
            How are the rest of you holding up?
            Well, I don't know if I've contracted corona or not but I have had many of it's symptoms throughout the previous three months. I haven't been tested though. Right now I feel great. I discovered something that works very well for me to alleviate symptoms of either virus or allergy or both. That is meditation. I meditate to focus on my eyebrow area (so-called third eye) and then I let love develop and send that to the virus/allergens that are at the moment within me. I really feel love and it seems the washing of that love through my body somehow relieves me of all symptoms - until I go back outside to get more food or whatever (around people). I've gotten pretty good at having a still mind when I set out to meditate. So all of that happens within 5-10 minutes or so. And i just let it happen. I try not to force things when meditating. If it's not there it's not there. Just need to unplug for a while and rest in quietude. And I also try not to over-indulge in food. That takes me out of my meditation zone.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              The Precious
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
              Well we got the word yesterday that the kids will not be returning to school for the rest of the year. My oldest son's Senior year. Really really sucks for him. I'm sure they won't have a graduation ceremony. & That sucks for me.
              It sucks the seniors got screwed in so many ways I’m sorry. Our public schools can’t even get Zoom right it’s a joke half the kids aren’t even logging on. My son was killing it too and was working his ass off. Two and a half hours of baseball and then two more hours of homework every night lots of AP classes.

Funny thing at the college level for baseball you have to come in with and carry the grades. For football and basketball basically just need a pulse. Doubt my son plays college ball but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                Humble Chargers Fan
                • May 2017
                • Golden Hill
                • Medical Devices Operations
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

It sucks the seniors got screwed in so many ways I’m sorry. Our public schools can’t even get Zoom right it’s a joke half the kids aren’t even logging on. My son was killing it too and was working his ass off. Two and a half hours of baseball and then two more hours of homework every night lots of AP classes.

Funny thing at the college level for baseball you have to come in with and carry the grades. For football and basketball basically just need a pulse. Doubt my son plays college ball but interesting nonetheless.
                Maybe the colleges will make an exception for this year's class, but yeah it sucks to just skip every ritual for high school seniors and not experience it.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                  Sorry to hear that. My daughters wedding and reception was cancelled it was supposed to happen on 4-4-20. We ended up having the wedding at my house with just direct family and our pastor. She is planning the reception for late summer or early fall.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

That's my plan too. I'm losing about 3k income per month but I still have other income and I thank God for His blessing.

Also, I'm thinking about robbing the bank!
                    I should clarify this - I no longer have that income but it's not really loss (as in something coming out of pocket). My actual loss is $1500 per month (paying expenses for an empty place). I can live with that. We'll still be able to eat well! :cheers:
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Just for fun - we are saving some money during this - we haven't purchased gas in over a month.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Just for fun - we are saving some money during this - we haven't purchased gas in over a month.
                        You getting any premium money on car insurance back. Or rather any discounted rate on the next payment. I heard that State Farm and Progressive is doing that for its customers.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I know I said after church tithe, I was mainly going to use the stimulus on essentials. But now I tempted to get my first ever smartphone with the new iPhone SE coming out at $400 only.

Comment

Working...
                          X