OT: How Are You Doing With The Shut Down?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You getting any premium money on car insurance back. Or rather any discounted rate on the next payment. I heard that State Farm and Progressive is doing for its customers.
    I'll check on that. - thanks for bringing it up.

Here's something that may interest you - I signed up for direct withdraw for my tithe - no more check writing.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

I got 15% back from mine. And I don’t even have Geico.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

I know I said after church tithe, I was mainly going to use the stimulus on essentials. But now I tempted to get my first ever smartphone with the new iPhone SE coming out at $400 only.
        Smart phones are essential

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Good news that 3 people you know are fully recovered.
          I don't actually know them. There are 10,000 plus people who work were I do, so this was just part of an update given to all 10,000+ of us..

SC is way away from where most of the hot spots are. It could be a while before we reach our peak.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Smart phones are essential
            The only reason I even wanted a smart device was to play games and browse the Internet. Getting a free mini iPad from my old company in 2014 delayed purchasing even further. It probably helped that my dumb phone is built like a rock and still kept on working even dropping it multiple times. Plus it was easy to carry around because it was so small.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

The only reason I even wanted a smart device was to play games and browse the Internet. Getting a free mini iPad from my old company in 2014 delayed purchasing even further. It probably helped that my dumb phone is built like a rock and still kept on working even dropping it multiple times. Plus it was easy to carry around because it was so small.
              Then you need this...search for Razr, might be up top when you go there. It's a modern version of a flip.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I know I said after church tithe, I was mainly going to use the stimulus on essentials. But now I tempted to get my first ever smartphone with the new iPhone SE coming out at $400 only.
                Me too.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Tomorrow I was leaving on a 15 day cruise to England with 15 days in France to follow. Ce la vie or whatever the French say. Im disappointed to be losing a year of my life. Time reality sets in after retirement.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Tomorrow I was leaving on a 15 day cruise to England with 15 days in France to follow. Ce la vie or whatever the French say. Im disappointed to be losing a year of my life. Time reality sets in after retirement.
                    That sucks. If things were ideal, that would have been an amazing trip. But given the current situation everywhere, the trip would have been horrible. Not sure you want to be stuck on a cruise for any time in the foreseeable future as well. Take comfort in knowing that you are at least safe and hopefully not as stressed if this trip had happened earlier when this situation was just happening.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

That sucks. If things were ideal, that would have been an amazing trip. But given the current situation everywhere, the trip would have been horrible. Not sure you want to be stuck on a cruise for any time in the foreseeable future as well. Take comfort in knowing that you are at least safe and hopefully not as stressed if this trip had happened earlier when this situation was just happening.
                        Im happy to be safe and home. Yes, cruise ships are germ factories from my experience.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

The French need to learn to speak English.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X