• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
    Perryman, Vigil & Tranquill are the only established starting level LBs on the roster. Nick is a good get, particularly with Perryman having been unreliable. We have some young, unestablished LB wannbes but I wouldn't take Simmons off the board just yet.
    AL was quoted as saying he wants to improve LB depth.

We play a whole lot of Cover 3.
    That means fewer snaps for LBs.

Tranquill----Perryman---White
    Jefferson-------Vigil-------Egbule (Nwosu)

TT is good at intel. He may have a good idea that Isaiah will be gone at #6,
    or that LAC intends to trade up for QB.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Also useful for special teams, I’d imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

AL was quoted as saying he wants to improve LB depth.

We play a whole lot of Cover 3.
        That means fewer snaps for LBs.

Tranquill----Perryman---White
        Jefferson-------Vigil-------Egbule (Nwosu)

TT is good at intel. He may have a good idea that Isaiah will be gone at #6,
        or that LAC intends to trade up for QB.
        Hopefully, Telesco has learned form his 100% trade up failure rate (zero for three--Te'o, Attaochu and Gordon) that trade ups are usually not a great idea. If he does trade up, it had better be to take Simmons and not a QB as none this year are worth the #6 overall pick.

I would be lying if I said that I was not concerned that Telesco just might screw this up big time, especially as we fill other holes and not QB. It was the first thing I thought of when I learned of the Vigil signing--that we would sign a mediocre player like Vigil and look right past Simmons even if he were there at #6.

By apparently entering the chase for Brady, it seems like we tipped our hand that we want to move away from Tyrod at QB, so that seems like it was a bad move for that tipping reason in addition to just being a bad move as an expensive downgrade at the QB position.

One saving grace is that we do not yet have a starting left tackle. (If anyone mentions Trey Pipkins, I will point out that I said starting left tackle.) I would be happy with Becton at #6 if Simmons is gone by the time we pick. Brown would be fine too as would Okudah, though those seem less likely with the signings of Joseph and Harris.

Come on Telesco, get this one right!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Hopefully, Telesco has learned form his 100% trade up failure rate (zero for three--Te'o, Attaochu and Gordon) that trade ups are usually not a great idea. If he does trade up, it had better be to take Simmons and not a QB as none this year are worth the #6 overall pick.

I would be lying if I said that I was not concerned that Telesco just might screw this up big time, especially as we fill other holes and not QB. It was the first thing I thought of when I learned of the Vigil signing--that we would sign a mediocre player like Vigil and look right past Simmons even if he were there at #6.

By apparently entering the chase for Brady, it seems like we tipped our hand that we want to move away from Tyrod at QB, so that seems like it was a bad move for that tipping reason in addition to just being a bad move as an expensive downgrade at the QB position.

One saving grace is that we do not yet have a starting left tackle. (If anyone mentions Trey Pipkins, I will point out that I said starting left tackle.) I would be happy with Becton at #6 if Simmons is gone by the time we pick. Brown would be fine too as would Okudah, though those seem less likely with the signings of Joseph and Harris.

On Draft Day, Let the Board Talk to You
          Title of Chapter12-The Polian Bible

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

This is me yawning

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Uh oh, tipped our hand that we might move away from Tyrod. People are shocked

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

"You let the draft come to you. That's what you do."
                NYG GM Dave Gettleman, before standing pat last year and boldly selecting Daniel Jones @ #6.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

World War II was a must win.
                  Marv Levy, mentor of Bill Polian, who was mentor of TT.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

TT, this is a bigger must win than World War II,
                    and Eye am literally not just saying that.

Dave Gettleman is the key roadblock between
                    TT and greatness.

We have to fleece the New York Giants,
                    like we did with Philip and Eli.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

TT, this is a bigger must win than World War II,
                      and Eye am literally not just saying that.

Dave Gettleman is the key roadblock between
                      TT and greatness.

We have to fleece the New York Giants,
                      like we did with Philip and Eli.
                      my first thought was that something like that would involve Joey, and.... don't see it re: their personnel and their 3-4 ??

next thought would involve the likes of MW, Pouncey, and Tevi and/or Trent Scott.... heck I'd even throw them Stick while we're @it

ps. can we take back Spencer Pulley while we're @it ??

:umm: :fight:
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

To me, this signals no...
                        --Jason Peters.
                        --Cam Newton.
                        --Isaiah Simmons.

Tranquill to WILL.
                        not sure 'bout our cap situation, and where the monies would come from, and.... think Peters and Newton are still real possibilities, and....

not sure 'bout Simmons (Malik Jefferson ?), and yes.... Tranquility @WIL (good backup to Isaiah if that's the selection)
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure 'bout our cap situation, and where the monies would come from, and.... think Peters and Newton are still real possibilities, and....

not sure 'bout Simmons (Malik Jefferson?), and yes.... Tranquility @WIL (good backup to Isaiah if that's the selection)
                          Part of our 90 Man.
                          Run and hit LB.
                          Out of U of Texas two years ago.
                          Have to play him at the correct position, which is WILL.

Some more facts.
                          As mentioned, Andre Patton ran a 4.4 at his ProDay (deep speed?)
                          Tyree St Louis is another developmental OT on our 90,
                          to go with Pip.
                          I like Quentin Meeks DB.

Don't mock without a thorough Chargers depth chart !!

Comment

Working...
                          X