パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
      I didn't know you played in the NFL ?
      Did I ever said I did?

You're new here, so I'll allow that you haven't seen this info before, which I've probably posted twice: I played DE at Helix; I was recruited to play college ball and turned down a scholarship because I wanted to be an opera singer and felt playing college football would get in the way; I spent a summer as defensive coordinator for a London college football team. No, those aren't NFL credentials, and they aren't even the most solid football credentials on the board, as plenty of others here have also played and/or coached, but it does mean, as I said, that I do know something about playing in the trenches.
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        *3-1*
        But by your criteria we are not a good team, as we've only beat one good team.
        Adipose

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          But by your criteria we are not a good team, as we've only beat one good team.
          Did you miss the asterisks?
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

*We* don't miss him? I know for a fact I've seen at least one post that says, "We miss Clary," and I think I may have seen more. *You* may not miss Clary, but others are seeing the absolute disaster we have at interior OL and recognizing that, while Clary may not be the second coming of Dielman, he is a huge upgrade over what we are trotting out right now. We have not run well all season; Troutman has been a turnstile and Fluker seems to have regressed -- I think we very much miss Clary.
            One was probably yours, lol. Clary isnt , and never has been that good a player for us and MOST have wanted him gone or replaced. Now he is and only injuries have brought his name up. He isnt coming back this year and he isnt missed by many. Better?
            We need another OG regardless if Clary is active or not because Troutman apparently isnt the answer and Clary hasnt been that great either. Fluker at RT is still an pgreade to Clary at RT. Clary stunk there. So maybe you miss Clary,..... i sure as fuck dont.....just like i dont miss Suckhurst.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-28-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

It was my understanding that clary negotiated a settlement to sit out the year?

The run blocking has to improve.

Also, I

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                Did you miss the asterisks?
                Asterisks wrapped around a line of text is a conventional way of giving the text emphasis. If you meant to suggest that the 3-1 is somehow not legitimate, then you misused the asterisks. But heaven forbid someone who demands the utmost precision from posters on a football board might somehow post something vague.
                Adipose

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Did I ever said I did?

You're new here, so I'll allow that you haven't seen this info before, which I've probably posted twice: I played DE at Helix; I was recruited to play college ball and turned down a scholarship because I wanted to be an opera singer and felt playing college football would get in the way; I spent a summer as defensive coordinator for a London college football team. No, those aren't NFL credentials, and they aren't even the most solid football credentials on the board, as plenty of others here have also played and/or coached, but it does mean, as I said, that I do know something about playing in the trenches.
                  And ill ive you that. But we do disagree on Clary. Ive not ever been a fan of his. I just dont say it every chance i get like Beerman does about Marshall.

Many GMs and coaches that have football experience still make bad picks and signings though. You like Clary, ....i do not and thats fine. :beer:
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-28-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    One was probably yours, lol. Clary isnt , and never has been that good a player for us and MOST have wanted him gone or replaced. Now he is and only injuries have brought his name up. He isnt coming back this year and he isnt missed by many. Better?
                    We need another OG regardless if Clary is active or not because Troutman apparently isnt the answer and Clary hasnt been that great either. Fluker at RT is still an pgreade to Clary at RT. Clary stunk there. So maybe you miss Clary,..... i sure as fuck dont.....just like i dont miss Suckhurst.
                    Lol. I'll give you that. I'm sure several were mine. But I don't think I was counting those.

He was never a good RT. He was a decent RG for us last year. I challenge you to back up the assertion that MOST wanted him gone or replaced. I think most wanted him to renegotiate his contract because he was earning RT money at RG and we have cash issues, but there weren't that many people who wanted him gone if contract was not an issue.

I think if we knew he wasn't coming back this season, he'd be on IR. We'll find out in the next couple of weeks if you are right.

I agree we need another OG. I think we should always draft OL every season. The game is still won in the trenches.

And whether or not Clary comes back this season, I think this is his last season as a Charger, so even more reason we must add more OG.

Btw, who is Suckhurst?
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      And ill ive you that. But we do disagree on Clary. Ive not ever been a fan of his. I just dont say it every chance i get like Beerman does about Marshall.

Many GMs and coaches that have football experience still make bad picks and signings though. You like Clary, ....i do not and thats fine. :beer:
                      Yeah, we disagree. It happens, and that's fine.

Yes, clearly I like Clary at RG, but I absolutely hated him at RT. I was just as vocal about replacing him when he was a RT than I have been about how much he means to the OL as a RG.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Big Dog
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Clary sucked big time as a RT and I thought he would suck at RG too but I had to eat my works.

Is Clary a pro bowl RG? No!

But is he consistently THE best OG on our team? Yes.

Do I ever want to see Clary at RT ever again? No !!!

But at RG he found a home where he could consistently both run block and pass protect at a very good level. He consistently provides excellent effort, excellent toughness, excellent leadership, excellent consistency with below average talent.

Clary makes Fluker better because he only has to worry about his outside, not his inside.

Clary as a RG is middle of the pack 15-20 best RG in the league, but that is better than 32 best (worst) RT he was before.

Right now Clary is the best OG on our team and the most consistent and the toughest, not great but not bad when you consider he is the 4th in talent level at OG on the Chargers.

Comment

• Yubaking
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                          Clary sucked big time as a RT and I thought he would suck at RG too but I had to eat my works.

Is Clary a pro bowl RG? No!

But is he consistently THE best OG on our team? Yes.

Do I ever want to see Clary at RT ever again? No !!!

But at RG he found a home where he could consistently both run block and pass protect at a very good level. He consistently provides excellent effort, excellent toughness, excellent leadership, excellent consistency with below average talent.

Clary makes Fluker better because he only has to worry about his outside, not his inside.

Clary as a RG is middle of the pack 15-20 best RG in the league, but that is better than 32 best (worst) RT he was before.

Right now Clary is the best OG on our team and the most consistent and the toughest, not great but not bad when you consider he is the 4th in talent level at OG on the Chargers.
                          I disagree with the notion that Clary was the best OG on the team last year. I think Rinehart was. Clary was solid in pass protection, but pretty bad as a run blocker.

Right now it seems like most of the OL is struggling except maybe Dunlap.

Clary is a good locker room guy, though, but I don't know how much better we would be if he were playing.

Comment

Working...
                          X