• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

No one is making Clary out to be some savior, but he's clearly better than Troutman right now. Troutman is a fucking disaster right now. Rinehart isn't much better. I'll take a mediocre RG than the disaster we are running out there right now.

And we were God awful at C today too. Orhnberger can't get healthy quick enough.

Comment

• blahblahblah
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

This team is significantly better with Clary right now.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Damn what a weak gameday thread. lol. Must have been a lot of members at the game.

Comment

• Boltergeist
          Pesky apparition
          • Jun 2013
          • Baja Oklahoma
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Not tuanting IMO...
          Is anything ever tuanting?

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
            This team is significantly better with Clary right now.
            Clary is not a great or even very good guard. Having said that, Clary >>>>> Anyone we have put out there so far this year.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Clary is not a great or even very good guard. Having said that, Clary >>>>> Anyone we have put out there so far this year.
              Pretty much this.

That said, I don't expect him back anytime soon.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I agree that the Clary of last year is probably better than any of our OGs this year. But none of our OGs are playing as well as they were last year, so why should we assume that Clary would if he were healthy?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Blake Bortles posted the highest comp % of any ROOKIE QB in their 1st career start - min. 30 att (78.4%).
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                    I agree that the Clary of last year is probably better than any of our OGs this year. But none of our OGs are playing as well as they were last year, so why should we assume that Clary would if he were healthy?
                    There is one reason to think so: Hardwick and Clary are stabilizing presences in the interior. With Troutman in for Clary, Fluker's game has regressed. And now with Hardwick out as well, there is no cohesion in the interior line. Ohrnberger is more physical than Hardwick, and all our current OL are more physically gifted than Clary, which just goes to show how important the mental aspect of the game is. So, I do believe that not only would Clary be playing better than Troutman at RG if he were healthy, but I also believe that he would make Fluker and Ohrnberger better, which in turn would make Rinehart better.
                    Adipose

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

We hardly ever ran to Flukers side last year not because Fluker was bad, its because Clary wasnt as good.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                        We hardly ever ran to Flukers side last year not because Fluker was bad, its because Clary wasnt as good.
                        Here we go again. This was discussed ad nauseum last season, but y'all like to hold on to your preconceptions!

Yes, we didn't run right as often or as effectively last season. No, it wasn't because of Clary's run blocking. It was usually because the backside wasn't being sealed properly. We rarely had that problem running left, because Clary was doing his job.

I know this is a hard concept for some to get their heads around, but OL play isn't about individuals; it's about all parts working together as one. Therefore, the success or failure of a run to one side or another is not wholly contingent on the blocking of the OL on that side of the line. On a run right, you cannot focus solely on what the RT and RG are doing. What the C, LG, LT, TE, and FB do also has a huge influence on the play. This is even more true in a zone blocking scheme, which the Chargers run.

But please, all of you, keep clinging to the idea that a failed run to the right means a failure on the right side of the line, despite all the video evidence and play breakdowns Steve and others have given you.
                        Adipose

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                          Maybe because it would be his 2nd year playing OG. I expect him to get better not worse.

Comment

Working...
                          X