• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    Not sure how many businesses allow their supervisors to cuss out their underlings. Not sure how many businesses allow their paying customers to boo and harass their employees while their employees are trying to work. Not sure how many radio shows are dedicated to having people call up to berate an owner and individual employees of businesses other than football. Not sure how many Web sites are created to call for the firing of an individual employee of a specific business other than football. I'm not sure how many electronic bulletin boards have threads discussing how badly somebody's employee sucks or how much they would enjoy seeing some huge dude crush that employee and leave him twitching on the ground other than football.

My guess at the answers to all my professed uncertainty would add up to a small percentage of businesses.

You know why most businesses don't have such things or why most employees don't sue over such things? Because most businesses aren't football and most people don't play football for a living.

Football is a violent sport. Bones are broken. Ligaments are damaged. Brains are concussed. And the league is fining people for bad words? Like a said before - what the shit!
    And yet absolutely none of what you posted has anything to do with cussing out a fan. IMO, it's flat out wrong and he got the fine he deserved. Clearly the league agrees with me on this one, and I'd suspect most fans would to.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      We disagree as to the first. The second part is just silly. But as you've pointed out several times, you're hardly ever serious.
      This time I was cereal. I don't think anything I said was un-true.
      Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-04-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Smith should absolutely never, under any circumstance say anything back to the fans. I'm not even going into the right and wrong of wearing at the customers part or the morality. The real issue he i going to have i there are going to be literally hundreds of disgruntled Jet fan waiting around after his next bad performance trying to get under his skin. IF he keeps reacting to it, NY are going to try and get him to keep biting. NYers are a pretty low form of life, and have little positive going for them, especially Jets fans. Smith is really going to have to take his thick skin to the next level.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          And yet absolutely none of what you posted has anything to do with cussing out a fan. IMO, it's flat out wrong and he got the fine he deserved. Clearly the league agrees with me on this one, and I'd suspect most fans would to.
          Why? What's wrong with cussing out a fan? Have you never cussed out a player? I sure have - a lot. If one got in my face and told me to go fuck myself, I wouldn't want him to get fined for it. I'd probably think that was pretty fucking cool.

My comment may not have had anything to do with cussing out a fan, but at least my comment was about football, which I think is the larger point. It's football. If we can't have potty-mouths at football games, when exactly are we allowed to talk shit?
          Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-04-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Smith should absolutely never, under any circumstance say anything back to the fans. I'm not even going into the right and wrong of wearing at the customers part or the morality. The real issue he i going to have i there are going to be literally hundreds of disgruntled Jet fan waiting around after his next bad performance trying to get under his skin. IF he keeps reacting to it, NY are going to try and get him to keep biting. NYers are a pretty low form of life, and have little positive going for them, especially Jets fans. Smith is really going to have to take his thick skin to the next level.
            You got the wrong New Jersey fan base. The Giants fans are the worst. Go ask Sid Brooks's family.

Bad words mean nothing. Throwing ice balls at people is fucking bullshit. They should have fucking canceled the Giants after that. But, you know, violence, I guess, is okay. Talking shit - that's wrong. Hooray for freedom of speech. Maybe the government can't shut us up, but big business sure can.

As far as Geno Smith and his potty mouth are concerned, I'm pretty sure Jets fans only bust his balls because, so far, he's sucked at football.
            Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-04-2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Why? What's wrong with cussing out a fan?
              This is so fundamentally wrong that I guess we must just agree to disagree. Fortunately, the NFL agrees with me on it - as they should.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                This is so fundamentally wrong that I guess we must just agree to disagree. Fortunately, the NFL agrees with me on it - as they should.
                Yep. We disagree. The NFL is generally wrong.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Yep. We disagree. The NFL is generally wrong.
                  But not in this case.

Comment

• KarlC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Jets wearing white unis
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• KarlC
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Jets wearing white unis
                          I heard on the Power Hour last night that the teams have to pick their uni choice for the whole year and send it to NFL Inc. before the season starts?
                          I had never heard this before, anyone know if this is true?

If it's the dark blues, I hope the Bolts hydrate.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

Working...
                          X