• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Even their front 7 isn't that great. Their 3 down DL are very, very good. But their OLB are pretty ordinary, and Harris is pretty good, but he is like most LB and not very strong in pass coverage.

Right now their secondary is weak, but that is an even bigger problem for them, because the Ryan brother spend much more time in their sub D then their base D compared to most teams. So, by starting DB who are usually subs, they are pulling even deeper on their bench then normally. I don't think the starters in the secondary are that good, and their nickle, dime and quarters DB are really not as good. And those are the guys who are going to have to cover our 11 package personnel.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

2011 Draft.

Watt goes.
      Kerrigan goes.

My next two guys are Muhammad Wilkerson and Cameron Jordan. I'd prefer Wilkerson, but Jordan would be good too. AJ takes Liuget.

OK, Liuget is in the next talent level. I'm not complaining because Liuget is looking like a good player.

But Wilkerson has been outstanding. And Jordan was an all pro.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith was fined $12,000 by the NFL for shouting an obscenity at a fan after last week's loss to the Lions at MetLife Stadium.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that Smith could possibly face additional discipline from the team, although no decision had been made.

"We'll handle it the way we see appropriate," Ryan said.

"F--- you!" Smith yelled at the fan moments after the Jets' 24-17 loss to the Detroit Lions last Sunday.
        Ryan sits him for the last 30 minutes of the Bolt's game as punishment. Being down by 17 at halftime has nothing to do with it.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Somebody was fined for an obscenity at a football game? Was the NFL offended by a bad word?

Your business extorts money from taxpayers to build arenas for grown men to beat the shit out of each other over a ball, and you are offended by somebody's potty mouth? I really wish I didn't like the Chargers. It's getting more and more embarrassing and a-moralistic to support this bullshit.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            Somebody was fined for an obscenity at a football game? Was the NFL offended by a bad word?

Your business extorts money from taxpayers to build arenas for grown men to beat the shit out of each other over a ball, and you are offended by somebody's potty mouth? I really wish I didn't like the Chargers. It's getting more and more embarrassing and a-moralistic to support this bullshit.
            So the league should do nothing about a player cursing out fans after a game? How do you think your employee would react if you told your customers to F off twice?

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              So the league should do nothing about a player cursing out fans after a game? How do you think your employee would react if you told your customers to F off twice?
              The answer to your first question is yes.
              The answer to your second question is I would likely be fired. I would also be fired and possibly sued or jailed if I tackled my co-workers. Why? Because I don't play football for a living.

Go Chargers.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

The answer to your second question is I would likely be fired. I would also be fired and possibly sued or jailed if I tackled my co-workers. Why? Because I don't play football for a living.

Go Chargers.
                How does playing football give one an excuse to go off on a paying customer? Not sure how ANY business anywhere would really condone that.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Geno has the press in his head already...
                  Geno gets testy over Vick questions
                  Posted by Mike Florio on October 1, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT

AP
                  Well, at least he didn’t tell anyone to go f–k himself.

Jets quarterback Geno Smith, who lost his cool and yelled a pair of “F” bombs into the stands at the end of Sunday’s loss to the Lions, was in no mood on Wednesday to take questions about a guy who once shot a pair of middle fingers to hecklers in Atlanta.

Asked whether Smith sees the value in using Mike Vick to provide the offense with a spark when needed, the current starter bristled.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to lead to with that question,” Smith said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Maybe that’s your opinion. What do you mean a spark? We’ve already put him in.”

Asked if it would make sense to have Vick come in not for a cameo appearance but to jump-start the offense, Smith got even more testy.

“That doesn’t make sense,” Smith said. “What team do you see doing that? . . . That’s not a question. Next question.”

Actually, the Cardinals did that, seven years ago. Coach Ken Whisenhunt routinely yanked second-year quarterback Matt Leinart for veteran backup Kurt Warner when the team fell behind, re-inserting Leinart once Warner evened things up again. That continued until Leinart, who was getting frustrated with the technique, broke a collarbone. The next year, Warner was the starter and the Cardinals were in the Super Bowl.

For his part, Vick opted to navigate around the topic far more diplomatically.

“[W]e don’t need any more distractions right now even though I don’t think I would be a distraction if I went in and played temporarily,” Vick said. “We just need to focus on beating San Diego.”

Or, as coach Rex Ryan put it with a reference to Bill Belichick’s bizarre Cincinnati presser, the Jets are “on to San Diego.”

For Smith, the best news coming from the road game in California is that any heckling will come from fans who are supposed to be heckling him.
                  Seriously douchebag media asking douchebag questions. Those questions are for the coach, not the QB.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Go Chargers.
                    I agree. Fans think they have the right to say anything they want at games. And they say some awful shit. Racial shit, stuff about their families....all kinds of things that if they said it anywhere else, they would get their ass kicked. Do I think he should have responded....no. Do I think he should get more than a fine. No.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      How does playing football give one an excuse to go off on a paying customer? Not sure how ANY business anywhere would really condone that.
                      Not sure how many businesses allow their supervisors to cuss out their underlings. Not sure how many businesses allow their paying customers to boo and harass their employees while their employees are trying to work. Not sure how many radio shows are dedicated to having people call up to berate an owner and individual employees of businesses other than football. Not sure how many Web sites are created to call for the firing of an individual employee of a specific business other than football. I'm not sure how many electronic bulletin boards have threads discussing how badly somebody's employee sucks or how much they would enjoy seeing some huge dude crush that employee and leave him twitching on the ground other than football.

My guess at the answers to all my professed uncertainty would add up to a small percentage of businesses.

You know why most businesses don't have such things or why most employees don't sue over such things? Because most businesses aren't football and most people don't play football for a living.

Football is a violent sport. Bones are broken. Ligaments are damaged. Brains are concussed. And the league is fining people for bad words? Like a said before - what the shit!
                      Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-04-2014, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

When Marty was our coach, The Jets were a tough game one we could lose in our old special way. Gift wrapped.

When Norv was our coach, Rexy had his number. Rex propable salavated over facing a seven to ten step drop game plan.

But now, with McCoy, I feel pretty good about our chances.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Go Chargers.
                          We disagree as to the first. The second part is just silly. But as you've pointed out several times, you're hardly ever serious.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X