• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
    I heard on the Power Hour last night that the teams have to pick their uni choice for the whole year and send it to NFL Inc. before the season starts?
    I had never heard this before, anyone know if this is true?

If it's the dark blues, I hope the Bolts hydrate.
    I should say, Bolts are wearing dark blues. That I know for sure. I assuming that means white unis for the Jets but thats a guess.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Too late for early thoughts. Besides, the value of the curse word is not off topic when talking about the New Jerseys Jests.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I heard on the Power Hour last night that the teams have to pick their uni choice for the whole year and send it to NFL Inc. before the season starts?
        I had never heard this before, anyone know if this is true?

If it's the dark blues, I hope the Bolts hydrate.
        I had heard something like this when they discussing wearing the powder blues a year or so ago. I originally thought it had to do with getting permission to wear something other than the "standard" uniforms they have, but maybe it's for everything.

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          Too late for early thoughts. Besides, the value of the curse word is not off topic when talking about the New Jerseys Jests.
          I was just being a smartass. I was going to post the "Thread derailed due to Man F**king a Scorpion" one, but it's NSFW.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I feel the payers have to uphold a high level if integrity ....the fans ARE the customers. You dont fuck with the customers. Verbally losing control of your temper is wrong. Geno has to control it. Fans are not employed...Smith is an employee just like i am and i could never go off on a customer without repercussion. Its more than a game..its a business.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Football is just a business, and we all have to behave ourselves. No more releases from real life.

I see I was alone in my thinking that football was something fun in which we all stop taking ourselves so seriously and get a chance to scream out that masculine aggression. Clearly I was wrong. Football is just like an accounting office, and life is a complete stress factory of normalcy and politeness.

Somebody pass me my valium; time to check out on humanity.

Chargers, I hope you feel okay and that you are very respectful tomorrow.

Raiders, I'd say you suck, but that would be disrespectful to your customers. Might I say that that gorilla-suited gentleman can go fuh ... Oh wait. I almost messed up there and said something disrespectful. Oh, Raiders and your knife-wielding customers. I am truly sorry for my behavior over the past 30 years. No, wait. No, fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this. Go fuck yourselves.

Fuck the Raiders. Fuck the Jets. Fuck politeness. Go Chargers. Destroy the Jets and tell their customers to stuff it.
              Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-04-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The word police are followed by the thought police...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

ts at Chargers

1. When will we see Mike Vick?

Pretty soon, unless coach Rex Ryan truly has no control over the quarterback position. And with owner Woody Johnson declaring this week that he believes Geno Smith can be a franchise quarterback, it’s possible that the powers-that-be have supplied Ryan with an edict that he shalt not bench Geno. If, in return, Rex has received a guarantee that he won’t be held responsible for a season that is teetering close to the brink, then it would be hard for him to complain.

2. How bad is the Chargers’ running game?

It’s not great, due to injuries to Ryan Mathews and Danny Woodhead. Donald Brown hasn’t gotten it done, and the interior of the offensive line bears plenty of the blame. Fortunately for the Chargers, quarterback Philip Rivers has bailed out the anemic rushing attack, which is averaging a league-low 2.4 yards per carry. Which could be the best argument in favor for Rivers’ MVP candidacy.

3. How far can the Chargers go?

Not very far if they can’t run the ball in January. But this team, largely overlooked after an unlikely playoff berth in 2013, has a special feel to it. Not intimidated by the Broncos and good enough to beat them in Denver, the Chargers ultimately could swipe both the division title and the top seed in the playoffs, for the first time since they squandered the No. 1 with a Schottenheimer-killing home loss to the Patriots in early 2007.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• SFW
                    PB Official Game Thread Starter
                    • Jul 2013
                    • NY
                    • USMC
                    • Send PM

Football is just a business, and we all have to behave ourselves. No more releases from real life.

I see I was alone in my thinking that football was something fun in which we all stop taking ourselves so seriously and get a chance to scream out that masculine aggression. Clearly I was wrong. Football is just like an accounting office, and life is a complete stress factory of normalcy and politeness.

Raiders, I'd say you suck, but that would be disrespectful to your customers. Might I say that that gorilla-suited gentleman can go fuh ... Oh wait. I almost messed up there and said something disrespectful. Oh, Raiders and your knife-wielding customers. I am truly sorry for my behavior over the past 30 years. No, wait. No, fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this. Go fuck yourselves.

Fuck the Raiders. Fuck the Jets. Fuck politeness. Go Chargers. Destroy the Jets and tell their customers to stuff it.
                    You weren't alone. If fans think they have the right to talk shit to a player (personal attacks) then that same fan should be prepared for a player to say fuck you back. If a fan wouldn't say something to the players face then he has no business yelling it from the stands or posting it on the internet.

But I also understand that the NFL is trying to uphold a professional image and does not want its players acting like assholes with no repercussions.

For the posters on here that agree with the fine here.......What if he said fuck you to a fan that was harassing him while he was eating dinner at a restaurant and it was caught on a cell phone video by a third party....would he still deserve a fine or only if it happens while at a paid function?
                    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Feel better soon, pm me if you got the bad brown acid!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Feel better soon, pm me if you got the bad brown acid!
                        Haha. I'm into organic stuff.

Go Chargers.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
                          You weren't alone. If fans think they have the right to talk shit to a player (personal attacks) then that same fan should be prepared for a player to say fuck you back. If a fan wouldn't say something to the players face then he has no business yelling it from the stands or posting it on the internet.

But I also understand that the NFL is trying to uphold a professional image and does not want its players acting like assholes with no repercussions.

For the posters on here that agree with the fine here.......What if he said fuck you to a fan that was harassing him while he was eating dinner at a restaurant and it was caught on a cell phone video by a third party....would he still deserve a fine or only if it happens while at a paid function?
                          While I don't know what the NFL would say about that, off the field would be a different story IMO. You're interfering with that player's personal life at that point. On the field, players should act like a professional. Saying something like that to a fan deserves a reprimand.

Comment

Working...
                          X