X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys WTF?

I don't like the spirit of having a thread devoted to bashing one of our posters. I understand the frustration of other threads being hijacked, but come on. I am going to change the thread title.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

There's also a message board for fellow players so you can find out what to do and not to do. I asked lots of questions when i first started out with online strat. I had a couple mentors as well. They were VERY patient. OMG, they were so patient with me. Good guys. I actually won my division in my first couple of leagues. Divisions are four teams each in 12-team leagues. There's also 24-team leagues. I've played in those when I was involved in Keeper leagues.

It gets really convoluted with keeper leagues. You have to drop a few players and then there's an annual draft of 10+ players after the new seasons cards come out....very exciting!! But also nerve-wracking I found out. At least for me.

Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 09-29-2014, 06:33 AM.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Yuba is such a tiresome subject. I will give him this he's consistent and there is some substance in all that fluff he posts. There's just such a lack of humility.

Sorry SC, I think I just highjacked the highjack.
        sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

mako and Heat, I hope you two will look over the online game and if you have any questions on anything...just ask me here or in PM. That's good for anyone else as well. We're always looking for more players. Leagues fill up quicker if there are more players.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            mako and Heat, I hope you two will look over the online game and if you have any questions on anything...just ask me here or in PM. That's good for anyone else as well. We're always looking for more players. Leagues fill up quicker if there are more players.
            Its blocked here at work. I'll try to remember to check it out from home.
            sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Okay.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                There's just such a lack of humility.
                At the risk of coming across like a pot calling a kettle black: This.
                Adipose

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Yuba, I hope you take up my invitation to play Strat-o-matic online baseball. Sounds as though you may have played some already but if you have any questions at any stage of the game (paying for your team....auto or live draft...12 or 24 team leagues...which league is best to start with (there's a few such as 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 1999, 1986, Mystery card sets - 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's,

ATG (All-Time Greats) - 7, 8

ATG - 7
                  AL Only
                  NL Only
                  Pre - WWII
                  Post WWII

ATG - 8
                  " "
                  " "
                  " "
                  " "

Whatever you need, man.
                  Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 09-29-2014, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Here's my very first team I had. I won my division. It was the 2005 major league season. Michael Young went off for me. He was great! I kept cutting players if they went into slumps even though the old-timers recommended against that. My mentors went ballistic. Everyone starts out with a $80 million salary cap. Look at my "roster Value ". ha

OH YEAH: Check out my Home park!!! I went to the playoffs in my first FOUR leagues I played this game and ALL were Petco Park teams (means I had Petco Park for at least 81 games out of my 162 game schedule). Petco Park was very good to me. Petco was and still is a pitchers park which basically means it has a low chance of giving up ballpark home runs. It was 1-1 (out of 20) for both left and right-handed hitters in 2005 so it was difficult to get many HR's that way.
                    Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 09-29-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I liked my thread-title, "Jane, you ignorant slut," better than the one its been changed to. When I accidentally read the Yubashing messages, the beginnings always remind me of Jane Curtin and Dan Ackroyd - point, counterpoint. The pre-satire to PBS's McLaughlin Group, CNN's Crossfire, the horde of shittier, more one-sided political news shows we have today, and Yubaking v. Panama, BKR, et. al. Saturday Night Live was brilliant shit.

Jane, you ignorant slut.
                      Dan, you pompous ass.

So, as long as everybody in charge is okay with it, I would really like this to be the place to discuss Shaun Phillips, nose tackles we don't have, and legal reviews of previous drafts that don't matter anymore.

More importantly, I would like to keep those conversations here.

So, to get this back on point ... I'm bleeping brilliant - even more so than Smacksaw Hamilton. If you can't understand that, you're a magnificently ignorant slut with a reading-comprehension problem. What I like least about you unclean swine is your selective bashing of the two best former GMs we've had since I've been watching football (I started watching late 70s-early 80s, so my apologies to those who came before). AJ Smith and Bobby Beathard get the most shit. Yet, they are the most successful GMs of my time as a Chargers fan. One brought us our only AFC championship. The other got us a fairly-lengthy streak of division titles. These guys made some big mistakes. But they aren't the worst we've had; if we're going to bash a GM, let's start with that Al-Davis minion - Steve Ortmayer. Then we can work our way up to AJ and Bobby.
                      Last edited by thelightningwill; 09-29-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        I liked my thread-title, "Jane, you ignorant slut," better that the one its been changed to. When I accidentally read the Yubashing messages, the beginnings always remind me of Jane Curtin and Dan Ackroyd.

Jane, you ignorant slut.
                        Dan, you pompous ass.

So, as long as everybody in charge is okay with it, I would really like this to be the place to discuss Shaun Phillips, nose tackles we don't have, and legal reviews of previous drafts.

And I would like to keep those conversations here.

So, to get this back on point ... I'm bleeping brilliant - even more so than Smacksaw Hamilton. If you can't understand that, you're a magnificently ignorant slut with a reading-comprehension problem. What I like least about Chargers fans is our selective bashing of the two best former GMs we've had since I've been watching football (I started watching late 70s-early 80s, so my apologies to those who came before). AJ Smith and Bobby Beathard get the most shit. Yet, they are the most successful GMs of my time as a Chargers fan. One brought us our only AFC championship. The other got us a fairly-lengthy streak of division titles. These guys made some big mistakes. But they aren't the worst we've had; if we're going to bash a GM, let's start with that Al-Davis minion - Steve Ortmayer.
                        I'm one of the biggest SNL fans there is, so I appreciate ye olde Jane bit. I don't appreciate a thread devoted to bashing
                        one of our guys. Sorry.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

While it's true both BB and AJ brought the team great success, both flamed out for a sustained period that was embarrassing to the fans.

BB continually traded down only to reach for stiffs like Bryan Still and Mikhael Ricks. Then, when he traded up it was to get Ryan Leaf.

AJ lived on his rep via the Rivers for Sheli trade. He chased good players away with his hardass persona and didn't really adequately replace them. Plus his blind loyalty to Norv was curiously weird, especially since Norv stabbed his back in the end.

But I agree, other than Sid Gillman and Johnny Saunders, they were the best we've had (though John Butler gets special mention for drafting LT). Ortmayer and Ron Nay were embarrassments.

Comment

Working...
                          X