• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    I'm one of the biggest SNL fans there is, so I appreciate ye olde Jane bit. I don't appreciate a thread devoted to bashing
    one of our guys. Sorry.
    It's not meant to bash a particular guy. If you mean Yubaking, I'm one of his few non-bashers. It's more a bashing of the bashing and the responses to the bashing, and an attempt to not have to read the bashings in other threads. If you think my idea is lame, it's you're call. You can delete it. I'm not a fighter - just trying to help. I've tried other stuff that has yet to work out.

By the way, a lot of my posts, including the last ones, get posted before I post them. I end up editing them and then see a response to a post that I hadn't yet edited. It probably is a problem with my computer and not the Web site. But, just in case that happens to others, I'm letting you know.
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 09-29-2014, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      It's not meant to bash a particular guy. If you mean Yubaking, I'm one of his few non-bashers. It's more a bashing of the bashing and the responses to the bashing, and an attempt to not have to read the bashings in other threads. If you think my idea is lame, it's you're call. You can delete it. I'm not a fighter - just trying to help. I've tried other stuff that has yet to work out.

By the way, a lot of my posts, including the last ones, get posted before I post them. I end up editing them and then see a response to a post that I hadn't yet edited. It probably is a problem with my computer and not the Web site. But, just in case that happens to others, I'm letting you know.
      I think it's a great idea, I just don't see people stopping what they're doing in another thread to go to a different one to reply to something. Or am I not following you?

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I think it's a great idea, I just don't see people stopping what they're doing in another thread to go to a different one to reply to something. Or am I not following you?
        Yea. You're probably right. I should give up hope.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
          Yubaking is my unsung hero for this thread.
          Unless you can back that up, you have no right to that opinion.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            While it's true both BB and AJ brought the team great success, both flamed out for a sustained period that was embarrassing to the fans.

BB continually traded down only to reach for stiffs like Bryan Still and Mikhael Ricks. Then, when he traded up it was to get Ryan Leaf.

AJ lived on his rep via the Rivers for Sheli trade. He chased good players away with his hardass persona and didn't really adequately replace them. Plus his blind loyalty to Norv was curiously weird, especially since Norv stabbed his back in the end.

But I agree, other than Sid Gillman and Johnny Saunders, they were the best we've had (though John Butler gets special mention for drafting LT). Ortmayer and Ron Nay were embarrassments.
            6025 - you numbered skank. You're right. I can't disagree.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This thread lacks the long response derailments filled with talk about non charger players. but i guess this is the equivalent from previous years of MGB always talking about not the chargers team, aka "I like you, but can you be more like...well, everybody that isn't you"

Comment

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                We should wait to see what Saints fans think.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                  This thread lacks the long response derailments filled with talk about non charger players. but i guess this is the equivalent from previous years of MGB always talking about not the chargers team, aka "I like you, but can you be more like...well, everybody that isn't you"
                  Homeless simpson - that is an ignorant statement. I am sending you my copies of War and Peace riddled with random insults and weight statistics of guys I thought the Chargers should have drafted in 1997. Please write back and make sure to say something about my mother; then explain how your experience as an assistant trainer for a Jr. High School flag football team makes you an expert on the 97 draft. If you don't yet know what is on p. 732, it just goes to show your experience means shit.

Raiders suck. Go Chargers.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

More importantly, I would like to keep those conversations here.
                    I'm sure those "conversations" will find their way into this thread, but, like a runaway cancer, we won't be able to contain them here, you ignorantly pompous ass slut.
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

They won't stop because we don't have a true stopper at NT. Or Shawn Phillips.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                        Hey, no OIP bashing in the non-dedicated, non-Yuba-bashing thread!
                        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Homeless simpson - that is an ignorant statement. I am sending you my copies of War and Peace riddled with random insults and weight statistics of guys I thought the Chargers should have drafted in 1997. Please write back and make sure to say something about my mother; then explain how your experience as an assistant trainer for a Jr. High School flag football team makes you an expert on the 97 draft. If you don't yet know what is on p. 732, it just goes to show your experience means shit.

Raiders suck. Go Chargers.
                          Hey, no Panama bashing in the Yuba thread!
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X