• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    Yea. You're probably right. I should give up hope.
    You're a Charger fan. You can't give up hope. :smile:
    sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      You're a Charger fan. You can't give up hope. :smile:
      I thought, because I'm a Chargers fan, I should just assume that that game-winning touchdown will get called back due to a holding penalty.

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
        I'm one of the biggest SNL fans there is, so I appreciate ye olde Jane bit. I don't appreciate a thread devoted to bashing
        one of our guys. Sorry.
        I am not bothered by any of it FWIW.

Comment

• Sec-E4
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2014
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          We should wait to see what Saints fans think.
          Saints fans are jumping off the Bandwagon ! Everyone there wants Brees & Payton gone asap..LOL
          I glanced over on the Saints forum, And all their Fans think the sky is falling !

The same goes for the Patriots Fans

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

If anyone has any questions on the online version of this game please ask. It is different than the board game itself in a few ways.

There's a salary cap in the online version and when you cut a player you may replace them from the free agency pool but you will also take a percentage hit to your total roster value cap. It's pretty simple to see once you get a team drafted. Speaking of, the draft is lots of fun. You can either do a live draft (not recommended for a beginner) or an auto draft where you put certain players on a list and then rank them in order of preference...then the Strat computer will conduct the draft itself and give you the results once the league is filled. I love the draft. Sort of like Christmas in that you see if you ranked certain players high enough or not. After the draft there's a waivers process where you can drop players (maybe you didn't get your listed player and you don't like the replacement that Strat gave you so you find a free agent you like better) and make another list for their replacements. That takes a couple days after the draft is produced. After waivers are conducted you may drop and replace players any time you wish for the remainder of the 54 (54 x 3 = 162) day season. At least until game 141. Trades between members (you and me) are also allowed.

You also pick your Home ballpark (stadium) where you play half of your games. You could end up having two or three of the same ballparks within your division. I have that scenario with one of my teams presently.

I really don't mind walking you through the whole process...and into the playoffs if you get there! I helped another newbie out before and he got into the Finals. My proudest moment! That was so cool. I felt like a successful father. ha
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Thanks Alex. I only ever did the football version -- not much of a baseball guy. And at this point in my life, my wife would kill me if I got wrapped up in stratomatic like I was when I was younger (and I know I would). Maybe when my kids are grown I would give it a try again. But I do appreciate your kind offer and also you bringing up a lot of fond memories for me.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Sounds good, Heat. I can appreciate that.

If you ever decide to go back to Strat let me know and we'll get in the same league. It would be my first attempt at football. That would be fun.

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

It does sound like fun Alex but I just don't have the time for any online gaming right now. I didn't even play any fantasy football this year. Maybe next year after I tie up some loose ends.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                    It does sound like fun Alex but I just don't have the time for any online gaming right now. I didn't even play any fantasy football this year. Maybe next year after I tie up some loose ends.
                    Any time.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Numbered Skank logo:
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Thanks Alex. I only ever did the football version -- not much of a baseball guy. And at this point in my life, my wife would kill me if I got wrapped up in stratomatic like I was when I was younger (and I know I would). Maybe when my kids are grown I would give it a try again. But I do appreciate your kind offer and also you bringing up a lot of fond memories for me.

TG
                        I just called Strat-O-Matic and I found out they don't have an online football game and have no plans on instituting one. All they have is the windows (CD) football game - which is better as a solitaire thing or playing among close friends sort of thing. Bummer.

If you ever did wish to play with your kids the windows version (football) would be a good way to go.

EDIT: They also still have the Football board game. Had to get that in there.
                        Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-03-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Exciting!

I made the playoffs with the best regular season w-l record (finished 99-63) in this league and it went to the final game of a best of 7 series in the first round. Here's the seventh game...

This is the teams final regular season stats...http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/sim/1382384

Here's the post season games played so far (first round and schedule for the Finals)...

Here's another team I have that just finished it's season and made the playoffs. It's another "Best of 90's" Mystery card team (like the "Camberton Collies"). The playoffs start on Monday for this team. This team was lucky to play in the worst division of the league. http://draftchat.strat-o-matic.com/team/1383794

Here's the league...http://draftchat.strat-o-matic.com/league/424516

I usually have good success with the Best of 90's set (high rate of making playoffs).

I just got my results from the first two Finals games. Awesome games! I'm the "Collies"

Game One...http://draftchat.strat-o-matic.com/g...lay/424480/987

Game Two...http://draftchat.strat-o-matic.com/g...lay/424480/988
                          Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-11-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X