• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

I love Rivers but see why they decided to go a different route too. Our OL stank and its our achilles heel in every year we under performed. I hope the injection of talent on the OL gives our starter a better chance. I will root for Rivers until he hangs it up...he is a class act and deserves a shot at a ring. It just wont be here. It didnt end ugly at least.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post
      He had his chances to take the team all the way, and it just didn't work out for whatever reason. And there was plenty of evidence that showed his deteriorating play this past season. I think some just have to accept that a Super Bowl likely wasn't happening with PR at this point and the dream scenario of a perfect transition to the next franchise QB was just that, a dream.
      Rivers hasn't deteriorated like people say he has. He still has good play in him. This team just wasn't as good as some people believed or hyped them up to be. There were players outside of the QB who were overrated.

Management knows they have to step it up now that they're moving into a new stadium. It's TT and AL's turn next. Another season of no playoffs, and they both need to go.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

I wasn’t a big Rivers fan but was torn the way it ended. The franchise isn’t great dealing with iconic players towards the end. But even NE said goodbye to Brady and Sf said goodbye to Montana and GB to Favre (at least SF and GB had star qbs waiting in the wings).

rivers isn’t a mentor tho. None of these guys are. They want to start and play as long as they can not train their replacement

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I was fine with how it ended with Phil. I was through with him throwing up INTs into triple coverage and his inability to escape pressure. I am looking forward to a brand new era with Tua or Herbert, hopefully.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

i'm on to Cincinnati
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

I still love Rivers so much I've signed up in the Colts forum, pretty mixed crowd in there some defending Jacoby and some loving the signing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                I still love Rivers so much I've signed up in the Colts forum, pretty mixed crowd in there some defending Jacoby and some loving the signing.
                Well we shall see if they draft another QB or not. I think Brissett is above average but Riech loves him some Rivers who is still better.

Comment

• Bolts27
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Burlington Ontario Canada
                  • Self-Employed
                  • Send PM

RTPbolt Ironically the complete indifference and casualty of Rivers just leaving after spending 16 seasons and 224 consecutive games for our team was the ultimate ugly..

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

:below:

Originally posted by Bolts27 View Post
                    Does anyone else hate the way things just.. ended with Rivers.. The uncertainty at QB now is ridiculous. I know for sure Rivers would’ve either taken less money than he asked in Indy, or structured it to not kill the cap.. I thought his play was definitely on the decline last year but the injury bug also running rampant and protection was garbage.. just seems like such a Spanos way to say thanks.. Bye

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I was fine with how it ended with Phil. I was through with him throwing up INTs into triple coverage and his inability to escape pressure. I am looking forward to a brand new era with Tua or Herbert, hopefully.
                      Because rookies never throw interceptions or take sacks.

:idby:

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

There is a moron on the Colts forum saying Rivers blows because he had Okung, Pouncey, Feeney, Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga last year and stunk it up lol

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I'm not sure we are in a position a QB worth having. Tua and Burrows are the top 2 QB, then there is a pretty big drop. Like I have said before, I don't think Tua is draftable, because of his injury history and I don't think we would be able to trade up for Burrows even if we wanted to.

Of the other college QB, Hebert is pretty good, but he has enough issues that I would be a lot more comfortable taking him in the 2nd round, than the 1st. He is better than that, but he is in no way worth the 6th pick in the draft. Jalen Hurts does a lot of bad things, but the kid has improved a lot, and has the #1 quality an NFL QB MUST have, he is durable.

Every other QB in the draft class is a project. They all have mechanical issues, and some have problems that I don't know you can fix (see Jamis Winston and Marcus Marriotta). Taylor gives us a QB to start, so maybe that is OK, but who knows. Right now I would rather take a chance of missing Hurts later on, and not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

There are still 3 QB available as FA. I wouldn't bring in any of them, unless someone gets hurt in preseason. Dalton, Winston and Newton can all be reasonable starting QB, but all have issues. Newton and Winston make a lot of poor judgment plays, and Dalton lacks elite arm talent. I would rather give Taylor a chance, and live with the lack of big plays. All 3 of the FA give more big plays made, but all will make more int/fumbles and just poor reads/throws

Comment

Working...
                          X