Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Because rookies never throw interceptions or take sacks.

:idby:
    There's a big difference between a rookie throwing INTs and taking sacks and a 16-year veteran doing the same.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

There's a big difference between a rookie throwing INTs and taking sacks and a 16-year veteran doing the same.
      If the line plays like it did last year, it won't matter who is back there at QB.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Do they give ints back to rookies? Do they give the down back of the rookie gets sacked? Nope? Well then there isn’t a difference, we still lose.

So really there isn’t a difference, if you put a rookie behind a horrible line they likely throw MORE interception than Rivers. But hey I’m sure Rivers caused all the ints and it’s all his fault.

:sigh:

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Do they give ints back to rookies? Do they give the down back of the rookie gets sacked? Nope? Well then there isn’t a difference, we still lose.

So really there isn’t a difference, if you put a rookie behind a horrible line they likely throw MORE interception than Rivers. But hey I’m sure Rivers caused all the ints and it’s all his fault.

:sigh:
          A rookie making ill-advised throws is growing pains. A 16 year immobile veteran making ill advised throws is time to retire. TT and Baby Spanos made the correct decision. Let Rivers throw bonehead INTs for Frank Reich in Indy.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

A rookie making ill-advised throws is growing pains. A 16 year immobile veteran making ill advised throws is time to retire. TT and Baby Spanos made the correct decision. Let Rivers throw bonehead INTs for Frank Reich in Indy.
            With a better oline in Indy I think 50% of the pressure will be off Rivers so Interceptions will go down unless Rivers is becoming really mediocre.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

I think Rivers at Indywill likely have a better record than the Chargers this year. I dont hope that but I think he is a good fit there. We had a shit line protecting him and they were below average in run blocking the last half of the year. His bad years have always been years the OL were injury ridden and underperformed. Give him a good line and watch Indy in the playoffs.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                I think Rivers at Indywill likely have a better record than the Chargers this year. I dont hope that but I think he is a good fit there. We had a shit line protecting him and they were below average in run blocking the last half of the year. His bad years have always been years the OL were injury ridden and underperformed. Give him a good line and watch Indy in the playoffs.
                If Indy goes 12-4 with rivers next year charger management will look really stupid in some ways.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If Indy goes 12-4 with rivers next year charger management will look really stupid in some ways.
                  Yeah, they will. But the old saying about getting rid of a player a year too early instead of a year too late also comes into play. Now if he played for 2 or 3 years and they won a SB with Rivers as their QB than the entire organization will look more bush league than normal.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I think the $25-30m salary had a lot to do with it. Questioning if the cap could be better suited to other needs is viable but has its risks giving up a proven qb in Rivers. Going with less talent at qb and a good chance at a good qb in the draft makes sense. I still think Rivers is a top qb and behind a good line with weapons is every bit capable at a superbowl run. I just hope we get a long term solution in this draft that has some franchise qualities.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yeah, they will. But the old saying about getting rid of a player a year too early instead of a year too late also comes into play. Now if he played for 2 or 3 years and they won a SB with Rivers as their QB than the entire organization will look more bush league than normal.
                      Honestly if Rivers would have had management that could put a worth a shit o line in front of him and a worthwhile coaching staff he would have already brought us a ring.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

To the original question....Rivers tutoring a young pup I think it would have been a good situation. I see Rivers as a no brainer qb coach once he hangs it up. He loves the game so much and imo has the makings to want to coach and be good at it.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

With a better oline in Indy I think 50% of the pressure will be off Rivers so Interceptions will go down unless Rivers is becoming really mediocre.
                          fact, rivers makes throws if he doesn’t have pressure in his face all day. I expect 2018 form from Rivers this year and we will squander another year to roomie “growing pains” and then HOPE they don’t bomb aka many of the first round quarterbacks.

Comment

Working...
                          X