• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Free agents:

Unsigned free agents (offence): RB Troymaine Pope, G Spencer Drango, G/T Michael Schofield, WR Dylan Cantrell, TE Sean Culkin, TE Lance Kendricks * don't see any of these guys as coming aboard for next season.

Unsigned free agents (defense): DT Damion Square * ditto for Damion (thank you Sir for your fine contributions on and off the field)

Free agents signed by other teams: Philip Rivers (Colts), Melvin Gordon (Broncos), Travis Benjamin (49ers), Jatavis Brown (Eagles), Jaylen Watkins (Texans), Geremy Davis (Lions), Nick Dzubnar (Titans), Adrian Phillips (Patriots), Derek Watt (Steelers) * don't like the letting of Rivers, and wish we had sent MG packing right off the bat.... TB was here for @least a season too long, and a bit surprised by the moving on from Watkins and Brown ?? good luck to Geremy and Zoobie…. thank you to AP and DW, both of whom made significant contributions as Chargers.

Some notes:

(1) As far as I know, Trent Scott and Isaac Rochell (exclusive-rights free agents) have not signed their tenders, but I assume they will, so I've included them on the roster. * Rochell is a must have, and Scott is hopefully able to find a roster spot on another team ??

(2) The Chargers have clear needs at QB, RB, LT, WR3, maybe TE3 (where are you, Pete Holohan?), and DE (even with some snaps by Nwosu). They lost Anthony Lanier, who signed with Kansas City after the season. I don't know if the Chargers tried to re-sign him; he looked good in training camp last season. * yeah, Lanier was on the bubble, made some noise last preseason, albeit will presume the right decision was made there ?? hoping for Cam @QB and a feature back @RB.... LT @6 makes too much sense and consensus is that there is @least a WR3 in this draft, if not a 4/5.... don't see a Chargers TE in this bunch tho ??

(3) The Chargers didn't offer contracts to restricted free agents Sean Culkin and Spencer Drango and exclusive-rights free agents Dylan Cantrell and Troymaine Pope. * and don't think they're forthcoming ??
    sad part is that our FO always makes the confounding decisions regarding the draft/FA, and usually much to our dismay, and despite the diehards that defend them to the end right after the draft, but then recede into the shadows after things get sorted a year or coupla few later, as still really feel/think that our FO needs to bring in some reinforcements in the form of someone like John Dorsey to help mentor JS, and possibly a rising star to assist Tommy T. ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Defensive tackle (5): Linval Joseph, Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Cortez Broughton, P.J. Johnson.

Defensive end (3): Joey Bosa, Melvin Ingram, Isaac Rochell (tendered ERFA)
      is there even room to add a DT in the draft? If a DE with pass rush skills was there, I wouldn't pass on him though.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

With Joseph, Jones, Tillery, and Broughton, they're set at DT. That's probably why they they haven't re-signed Square. I don't know anything about Johnson; here's his Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._J._Johnson. He was a 7th-round pick by Detroit in 2019.They definitely need a backup edge rusher though.

These are the DL snap counts from last season (not including any of the plays with Nwosu lined up as an edge rusher): J Bosa 790, M Ingram 633, J Jones 472, D Square 386, B Mebane 378, J Tillery 340, I Rochell 262, Sylvester Williams 61, C Broughton 20, TY McGill 19. The Chargers have lost number 4 (Square) and 5 (Mebane) and a total of 844 snaps including Williams and McGill.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
          With Joseph, Jones, Tillery, and Broughton, they're set at DT. That's probably why they they haven't re-signed Square. I don't know anything about Johnson; here's his Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._J._Johnson. He was a 7th-round pick by Detroit in 2019.They definitely need a backup edge rusher though.

These are the DL snap counts from last season (not including any of the plays with Nwosu lined up as an edge rusher): J Bosa 790, M Ingram 633, J Jones 472, D Square 386, B Mebane 378, J Tillery 340, I Rochell 262, Sylvester Williams 61, C Broughton 20, TY McGill 19. The Chargers have lost number 4 (Square) and 5 (Mebane) and a total of 844 snaps including Williams and McGill.
          I hated to lose Square, but I imagine they feel that Tillery and especially Broughton are ready for more snaps
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Again, is anyone not gonna talk about that we currently only have Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick on the roster? We gotta 100% draft a QB right??

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

is there even room to add a DT in the draft? If a DE with pass rush skills was there, I wouldn't pass on him though.
              Is there room to add any players?
              We were pounded up the middle last year. Joseph has been a quality DT in the past and should help but is a short timer. He's not an everydown player at this point in life. The others need to take a big, make that a HUGE step up in Tillery's case to be anything more than rotation to give Joseph a break.
              Very good to great DT talent would be a huge plus. Trade or cut downstrean. No need to be afraid of taking superior talent because of roster depth. Two stud DTs (Joseph + Brown/Kinlaw) sounds awesome to me.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I believe there's plenty of room for another DT. Joseph is the only one who's proven to be a quality NFL starter. The others haven't shown to be more then just bodies out there. Now, to their credit they are young and still have time to get better.
                I would not pass up someone like Brown....because we have Broughton and Williams on the roster!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                  Again, is anyone not gonna talk about that we currently only have Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick on the roster? We gotta 100% draft a QB right??
                  That will be the first pick - Tua.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                    Actually, no. I could see a scenario where after losing out on Brady, and having no real love for the QBs in this draft, they decide to go forward and load the team...but in order to not tip their hand, they wait til after the draft to add a vet...probably at a discount...to compete with Stick for #2.

They might also miss on the QBs they do like, and end up going the above route, as plan B.

But I lean towards your sentiment...would very much like them to add a guy this year.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Joy Division
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Give me Isaiah Simmons or give me death!

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Joy Division View Post
                          Give me Isaiah Simmons or give me death!
                          Finally, someone who understands reason!

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X