Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

re: Tranquill…. eye get it.... he doesn't come off the field in your mind/scenario, and.... was mostly referring to the suggestion to put Simmons in @LB in the dime, which would leave Drue on the pine.

and good point w/the special teams, and if you think that is a difference maker, and.... obviously you like your day two OTs/linemen, and....

putting the shoe on the other foot (which of course doesn't fit), but what if I could do the same thing w/the Oline that is suggested @LB (going from 3 in the base formation, to the lone LB in dime), and shrink our Oline down to just the two of 'em, Bryan 'n Trai…. bring in another TE, RB and wideout.... (not happenin' and just goofin', and.... this is pretty much endless, and as....)

you like ISIS, eye like Tristan and Oline for us.... both would be big pluses (unless of course team Tommy John whiffs w/one of the other OTs
    I love me a few of the top OL class. If we take Thomas, Benton, or Wirfs, it is a great pick. I like 20ish of the Oline prospects on my board from day 1 through day 2 as potential day 1 starters.

I do think we are drafting an RB, WR(or 2), and 1 of either OT or IOL but not both without a trade down.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I love me a few of the top OL class. If we take Thomas, Benton, or Wirfs, it is a great pick. I like 20ish of the Oline prospects on my board from day 1 through day 2 as potential day 1 starters.

I do think we are drafting an RB, WR(or 2), and 1 of either OT or IOL but not both without a trade down.
      Becton's drug test got flagged for the combine, so I don't know that he's a great pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Becton's drug test got flagged for the combine, so I don't know that he's a great pick.
        I'd still draft him. Could be anything. Steroids don't get flagged. Too much water in the urine does though. They haven't said.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Diluted sample. A few others had the same result.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

My official prediction:

1. Mikai Bechton --> sensible Telesco dazzled by hugeness, athleticsm and aggressivenes of Bechton - passes over Thomas.
            2. Jaylon Johnson cb utah --> why so little dialogue on corners.....michael davis is subpar and Harris/Hayward are getting long in the tooth
            3. Clyde-edwards Helaire rb LSU --> a little small but i really like him. Chase Claypool /KJ Hamler gone (third/4rth is the spot where they go wideout)
            4. Joe Reed wideout/returner Virginia --> speedy wideout from Virginia potent returner
            5. Kevin Dotson guard Louisiana --> met with Chargers and Feeney/Lamp in final year of contract
            6. Quez Watkins wideout ---> double dip in deep receiver pool; Chargers sorely lacked 3rd receiver; K Allen contract up after season
            7. Powderblueboy athlete (sort of) --> probably doesn't get by Browns

I initially felt it would be Bechton - he has the traits in spades that Telesco described when picking Fluker. Joe Thomas and the new Offensive line coach convinced
            me to switch back to my first impression. Besides, nobody else is selecting him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

It's interesting how Isaiah simmons is at the top of 2/3rds of the predictions.

He'll be there for the Chargers and Telesco is going to break your collective hearts
              .:ml:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He'll be there for the Chargers and Telesco is going to break your collective hearts
                I’m a Charger fanatic. I’ve been accustomed to this for most of my life.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

We will get a good player no matter who it is. I would only be very apprehensive if he picked Tua and hope he doesnt fall apart.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Okay, I'm getting that vibe again. Tommy T will go with a WR in round 1. Not what I would do but I do believe Telesco is more sold on Taylor than he ought to be. And figures all he needs are top WR's and he'll blossom. Remember how I picked Mike Williams correctly? It's the same WR vibe. I'm sorry ahead of time. I don't think most of us will be happy with this.

EDIT: Remember, we may hate our 1st round pick BUT there are still six more picks left!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We will get a good player no matter who it is. I would only be very apprehensive if he picked Tua and hope he doesnt fall apart.
                      I'm fine with Simmons, Okuah, OT or even Tua.

If they select Tua, i assume they are satisfied with his injury situation.

With Herbert or Love, its going to be a big, hard gulp for me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Watch Telesco hit it out of the ball park on his first two selections,

& then make a WTF selection in the 3rd.

That's my prediction.:smoking:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Watch Telesco hit it out of the ball park on his first two selections,

& then make a WTF selection in the 3rd.

That's my prediction.:smoking:
                          History is absolutely on your side.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...