• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

My take on the unis is that they are the best looking in all of sports. I don't understand the need to have 6 versions though. I only ever want to see two: The powder blue/yellow at home and the white/yellow on the road. I don't want to every see the team in the all whites - the players look like Mr. Clean.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      My take on the unis is that they are the best looking in all of sports. I don't understand the need to have 6 versions though. I only ever want to see two: The powder blue/yellow at home and the white/yellow on the road. I don't want to every see the team in the all whites - the players look like Mr. Clean.
      More versions provide more variety. Which is more merchandise to sell to the fans lol.

Comment

• Cappelletti
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • Send PM

the royal just doesnt grab me

Comment

• Cappelletti
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • Send PM

yellow facemasks is too much yellow

Comment

• Cappelletti
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2020
            • Send PM

I like both Away uniforms , followed by the blue-yellow- home

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sdcforever View Post
              There appears to be some inconsistency with the size of the shoulder bolts on the new Chargers jerseys. In some shots, the shoulder bolt looks small, with the tip of the bolt aligning itself with the number of the numbers. In other photos, it looks like the tip of the bolt reaches about 1/4 of the way from the start of the number. And, in Keenan Allen's Navy Blue Color Rush image, it doesn't even reach the top of the numbers.

I did a quick mockup contrasting the bigger bolts with the smaller one. I like the look of a bigger bolt, as it looks more menacing. Also added a yellow sock stripe. Here's an animation GIF cycling through the three mocks. Enjoy!

Chargers-Uniform-Tweaks.gif
              Nice work, SDC! I prefer the smaller bolt. Looks classy. That big bolt is a bit over the top...

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

The Athletic ranking. We were #3, with only the Bears and Raiders ahead of us. Boo!!!! We should be number 1!

3. Chargers. Bravo, Bolts. Bravo. The team managed to take a terrific uniform and make it better with a redesign that’s bold yet simple. The bolts are bigger, the numbers more robust. Does adding numbers to the helmet make it a bit crowded? Maybe, but it’s a mere quibble. These are great. The dozens of fans at SoFi Stadium will be proud.

Best look: The Chargers now have six uniform combinations — one more than their 2019 win total! —and everybody has a favorite. Ours: The white jersey-yellow pants combo is soooo So-Cal cool.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  The Athletic ranking. We were #3, with only the Bears and Raiders ahead of us. Boo!!!! We should be number 1!
                  Lol, the Raiders? Heck their uniform is as plain as they get. I also don't see anything special about the bears uniform.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, the Raiders? Heck their uniform is as plain as they get. I also don't see anything special about the bears uniform.
                    I think the staff just loves the classics. Hence why we're in the top 3.

Anyways, here are their reasons:
                    2. Bears. The Bears uniform works because they don’t overdo it. There’s minimal orange. No paw prints. No grizzly fangs. No claw marks down the side of the helmet. There’s just a “C” — for confidence.

Best look: Deep-dish pizza, terrifying middle linebackers, dark navy jerseys. That’s the Chicago way.
                    1. Raiders. The uniforms are so iconic that no other sports franchise could possibly choose silver and black. And if they did, they’d probably be sued by the Raiders. “The autumn wind is a lawyer …”

Best look: Both the home and away versions are powerful, but the black tops and silver pants are real intimidators, a look that makes opponents quiver and referees reach for their flags.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Had to dig up this thread on uniforms instead of starting a new one. Watched Sunday night football and saw one of the Rams uniforms and logos. I almost puked...I've seen better uniforms and color combos on college teams. I don't know what they were trying to do but it doesn't work at all. Maybe that's why they played the cowpokes so hard as they're pissed....

:Cheers1:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

I watched the Cowboys vs Rams game. One of the commentators said that they stood on the field during the day, and the sun still shines through the glass ceiling. The sun and heat still plays a factor in the semi-inside stadium. I figure that could be the reason the team will wear white jerseys for the first couple of games.

I notice the team is hesitant to wear the powder blues against an NFC team. Because they're wearing the royal blue against the Falcons, wearing white jerseys for the Panthers game because of the sun as mentioned. Previously, the only times the Chargers wore powder blue was against the Cowboys (in 2017) and the 49ers (in 2010). They are wearing powder blue at Tampa because they have no choice, it's hot in Florida. In Buffalo the team is wearing the navy uniform, which is a surprise.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                          I watched the Cowboys vs Rams game. One of the commentators said that they stood on the field during the day, and the sun still shines through the glass ceiling. The sun and heat still plays a factor in the semi-inside stadium. I figure that could be the reason the team will wear white jerseys for the first couple of games.

I notice the team is hesitant to wear the powder blues against an NFC team. Because they're wearing the royal blue against the Falcons, wearing white jerseys for the Panthers game because of the sun as mentioned. Previously, the only times the Chargers wore powder blue was against the Cowboys (in 2017) and the 49ers (in 2010). They are wearing powder blue at Tampa because they have no choice, it's hot in Florida. In Buffalo the team is wearing the navy uniform, which is a surprise.
                          The Rams -Cowboys played at 5:30 PM didn't they?
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X