First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Espn is replaying an old draft. This is sad when thats the best programming they can come up with.

BTW, we just drafted Merriman.
    Just read this morning that he may be implicated in a 2017 date rape drug overdose. Look it up...
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Happy/Merry Draft Day!
      the future is now
      extra special for me because it's my first here on the TPB
      I think I speak for us ex-CMBers in saying THANK YOU to Fleet and the veterans from this board
      you all have made me feel at home here and considering this is the only kind of social media I engage in
      it means a lot to me.

Draft Plan:
      you won't see me posting much during the draft because Draft Day is also
      a special tradition I share with my wifey and 3 lovely girls (one is a little mean but we're workin on that)
      i'll be wearing my Navy Blue L#@% 16 jersey for "ironic good luck/mojo" (again, it's tradition)
      pizza for the girls, fish tacos for daddy
      black & Tans (I generally don't drink so there's no limit tonight... I might go WAY over my limit and have 5! OMG!)
      we will be supplying our own "Boos" for Goodell since there won't be a live crowd

calling my shot:
      "Maybe you don't know what i'm talking about now Stallion, but you will when it's over, you will when it's OVER!"
      -- Apollo Creed
      Cincy- Burrow, Wash-Young, Det-Simmons, NYG-Wills, Miami-Herbert, LAC-Tua
      remember, I want FULL credit for figuring out that Miami would take Herbert months ago when
      it was a forgone conclusion that Miami would take Tua.

I don't buy the smoke screen about Tua dropping, if that happens, then i'll trust Telesco's judgement
      but imo, Tua will be sitting there at 6 and we will boldly call his number and he'll be the first ever superbowl winning Charger QB

if no Tua, I want Simmons, Brown, Wills, Kinlaw or Becton in that order. anyone else would be a bit disappointing without a trade-down.
      however, no amount of pre-determined disappointment will stop me from absolutely celebrating whoever the pick(s) is/are.

I say pick(s) because if no QB at 6, I am officially on board with trading back into the first for LOVE, not any of the other QBs
      because kid had more upside than any of them imo, including Hurts.

my final mock (what I would do)
      006. Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
      037. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR Colorado
      071. Llyod Cushenberry III, OC LSU
      112. Zach Moss, RB Utah
      151. Lamar Jackson, CB Nebraska
      186. Johnathan Garvin, EDGE Miami
      220. Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

See ya'll later, be safe, stay blue, powder blue!
      LOL....how could we forget? You'll get it....

Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• nomad1946
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2017
        • West Yellowstone, Montana
        • Retired
        • Send PM

My worst nightmare: TT trades up to take Tua, Tua spends most of the next 3 years on Injured Reserve before he is released.

Comment

• Newbomb
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Luke's Organic Cheesy Lightning Bolts
          (the healthy, savory alternative to Crunchy Cheetos)got yer shots right here B4K)

Me ready.

Come to Papa.
          Careful you don't get the covid from that corona....

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Draft day disaster for me is 7 OTs go in first and we don’t get one. Pipkins better be eating his Wheaties.
            Wow, that WOULD be a total bummer...missing out on the Big Four, then the next level dudes like Jackson, Jones, Cleveland and Niang...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
              My worst nightmare: TT trades up to take Tua, Tua spends most of the next 3 years on Injured Reserve before he is released.
              ...ouch...and not only that, but he throws away a 2nd rounder to move up, and we miss out on a decent OT...double ouch...TT, DO NOT DISAPPOINT US!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Happy/Merry Draft Day!
                the future is now
                extra special for me because it's my first here on the TPB
                I think I speak for us ex-CMBers in saying THANK YOU to Fleet and the veterans from this board
                you all have made me feel at home here and considering this is the only kind of social media I engage in
                it means a lot to me.

Draft Plan:
                you won't see me posting much during the draft because Draft Day is also
                a special tradition I share with my wifey and 3 lovely girls (one is a little mean but we're workin on that)
                i'll be wearing my Navy Blue L#@% 16 jersey for "ironic good luck/mojo" (again, it's tradition)
                pizza for the girls, fish tacos for daddy
                black & Tans (I generally don't drink so there's no limit tonight... I might go WAY over my limit and have 5! OMG!)
                we will be supplying our own "Boos" for Goodell since there won't be a live crowd

calling my shot:
                "Maybe you don't know what i'm talking about now Stallion, but you will when it's over, you will when it's OVER!"
                -- Apollo Creed
                Cincy- Burrow, Wash-Young, Det-Simmons, NYG-Wills, Miami-Herbert, LAC-Tua
                remember, I want FULL credit for figuring out that Miami would take Herbert months ago when
                it was a forgone conclusion that Miami would take Tua.

I don't buy the smoke screen about Tua dropping, if that happens, then i'll trust Telesco's judgement
                but imo, Tua will be sitting there at 6 and we will boldly call his number and he'll be the first ever superbowl winning Charger QB

if no Tua, I want Simmons, Brown, Wills, Kinlaw or Becton in that order. anyone else would be a bit disappointing without a trade-down.
                however, no amount of pre-determined disappointment will stop me from absolutely celebrating whoever the pick(s) is/are.

I say pick(s) because if no QB at 6, I am officially on board with trading back into the first for LOVE, not any of the other QBs
                because kid had more upside than any of them imo, including Hurts.

my final mock (what I would do)
                006. Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama
                037. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR Colorado
                071. Llyod Cushenberry III, OC LSU
                112. Zach Moss, RB Utah
                151. Lamar Jackson, CB Nebraska
                186. Johnathan Garvin, EDGE Miami
                220. Lynn Bowden, WR Kentucky

See ya'll later, be safe, stay blue, powder blue!
                Not to worry, Lone...if the Fins take Herbert, I hereby nominate you for ASSISTANT Draft Emperor...

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who is saying that? Love would be a terrible pick if they trade up and lose picks for him.....in the first round at that. Id rather have Hurts than Love even in the first round. Id rather have Fromm and Eason too in the second or third.
                  Experts and everyone who actually watches them in real games and understands QB play...... Media keep pairing Tua and Hebert like they are the same or close but they are clearly not..... Hebert has zero touch..... he throws lasers that have to be shown to guys after they get open..... he is a thrower not a passer......no anticipation ..... huge difference..... NFL zone defenses will pick him off like crazy or face him to run instead of throw because guys won't be that wide open.......

Fromm will be a career backup in NFL......

Hurts is a runner not a passer......

Eason completely sucks.....

Hebert and Love should not be first round picks but they both will be.....

There are only 2 elite passers in this draft and those are Burrow and Tua.....

Most people only watch highlight films, which make it look like this draft has 5 future HOF QB's....... we all know that is not true......

Much better than highlight films:

QB’s who have “it” mentally which makes them elite and why they will be great NFL QB’s:

TUA:

This week’s film breakdown analyzes Miami Dolphins Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa from the University of Alabama. Tua possesses an advanced understanding of the ...

Burrow:

Thanks to Full Sail University for sponsoring this video. To learn more about Full Sail University’s degrees in sports, go to http://fullsail.edu/AlexRollins...

QB’s who are missing “it” mentally which means they are not elite and won’t be great NFL QB’s:

Love:

Thanks to Squarespace for sponsoring this video. Go to Squarespace.com for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, go to http://squarespace.com/rollins...

Hebert:

This week’s film breakdown analyzes Los Angeles Chargers' Quarterback Justin Herbert from the University of Oregon. Herbert was taken 6th overall in the NFL ...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

This draftnik thinks the Cheatriots move up to take Love:

image.png

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Who do you take in this scenario teams trading up for QB and 3 gone in 1st 5 picks.

1.Burrow
                      2.Young
                      3.Tua
                      4.Simmons
                      5.Herbert
                      6.???
                      Looks positively magical! Two top 5 locks still on the board.
                      Choose from: Okudah, Brown, fav OT.
                      Tough decision! I'll take Brown.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

Draft day disaster for me is 7 OTs go in first and we don’t get one. Pipkins better be eating his Wheaties.
                        I hope not. I quit eating Wheaties when I saw what they did to Bruce Jenner

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Looks positively magical! Two top 5 locks still on the board.
                          Choose from: Okudah, Brown, fav OT.
                          Tough decision! I'll take Brown.
                          Even though Brown would be a very good pick, I just don't think we can afford to mess around any more at OT...at #6, pick one of the Big Four, because, as another poster pointed out, if we wait until #37, some of those second tier OT's may be gone also (Cleveland, Jackson, Jones, Niang).

Comment

Working...
                          X