• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Hmmm... interesting take on Bulaga to LT. Could happen. I think they like Bulaga at RT. I suspect they will be rolling the pocket right often.

Thomas was always my #1 OT. Just love his run blocking. NYG did Barkley/Jones a big favor.
    Circumstances and AL-Think tells me there will be a necessitated quick look at
    Lamp, Norton and Pipkins.

Then, AL will declare that we are going with the vets--the incumbants.

Tevi will start, either at ORT or OLT.

SMH. Surprise me. Please. Somebody. Jump out. Forrest ?!?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Chuckeezy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2019
      • Send PM

Guess someone will have to beat tevi for the left tackle spot, unless he somehow excels in that position.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chuckeezy View Post
        Guess someone will have to beat tevi for the left tackle spot, unless he somehow excels in that position.

http://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/s...59292272873473
        Eagles are becoming luke warm on Andre Dillard.
        We would have selected him over Tillery.
        Trenchers take note !
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

I still can't believe this. Last 2 years we needed a LT at least for depth and they do nothing ( Pipkins is a project) . We have to have the worst LTs in the league at this pt. They get stars at other positions and this is like the team afterhought

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

If quarantine goes through June, I'll be able to play Left Tackle...

Damnit, boy.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
              I still can't believe this. Last 2 years we needed a LT at least for depth and they do nothing ( Pipkins is a project) . We have to have the worst LTs in the league at this pt. They get stars at other positions and this is like the team afterhought
              IMO, and please correct if I'm wrong
              But left tackle isn't as important as it used to be, unless you are running most of your offense from under center and a lot of 5 and 7 step drops.
              If you run a lot of shotgun and rpo, then the QB doesnt really have a blind side to protect and I think that both tackles run block assignment on inside and outside zone is fairly simple. it is more important the LG OC RG are solid players because they have more responsibilities to execute and you want your QB to be able to step up and throw. But you certainly want good tackles. You want good players everywhere.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Eagles are becoming luke warm on Andre Dillard.
                We would have selected him over Tillery.
                Trenchers take note !
                That neither are lighting the nfl world on fire?

Comment

• Antonio’s Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Been reading up on storm norton and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a big part of their plans. Has ideal LT length, blocked for Kareem Hunt in college, was the best lineman in the XFL.

The Wildcats have a big boy in the trenches doing the dirty work to free up their offensive weapons. Get to know Storm Norton.

Ideally id rather have Peters, but Norton might be the best in house candidate.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

But left tackle isn't as important as it used to be, unless you are running most of your offense from under center and a lot of 5 and 7 step drops.
                    If you run a lot of shotgun and rpo, then the QB doesnt really have a blind side to protect and I think that both tackles run block assignment on inside and outside zone is fairly simple. it is more important the LG OC RG are solid players because they have more responsibilities to execute and you want your QB to be able to step up and throw. But you certainly want good tackles. You want good players everywhere.
                    I think you're right, Critty. It will take some of us Chargers' fans a while to get used to the new philosophy. The RPO will freeze a lot of the pass rushers coming from our LT position. If the RDE gets up the field too aggressively on the pass rush, that leaves OG/OT gap wide open to the run. UCLA (with Joshua Kelly @ RB) did a lot of that. Maybe that is why Kelly was our RB target. He was a very good runner between the tackles in an inside zone blocking scheme.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The interior guys are more the run blocker type though . The LT is the key pass protector. Maybe there are ways to minimize the need for this like you say. I just wish they would put a decent level starter in there.This group doesn't inspire much confidence but will hope for the best

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        Been reading up on storm norton and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a big part of their plans. Has ideal LT length, blocked for Kareem Hunt in college, was the best lineman in the XFL.

The Wildcats have a big boy in the trenches doing the dirty work to free up their offensive weapons. Get to know Storm Norton.

Ideally id rather have Peters, but Norton might be the best in house candidate.
                        Maybe! Great height & length, big wingspan, seems to move well. He isn't our strongest OL but LT usually matches up w/ smaller speed DEs, LBs.
                        He's a candidate.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

I check about 12 times a day to see if they've signed Jason Peters yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X