• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMamba
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

There will likely be more veteran O-linemen available later in the summer when teams start making cuts and there are salary cap casualties. Something else to consider. Maybe the Saints dump Warford after adding two interior linemen early in the last two drafts and with how bloated their cap is. I'd be all over a guy like that if I'm TT - he's not an LT like Peters, but better long-term help.

Just an example, but maybe TT is holding out for someone unexpected getting cut, and then we're sitting there waiting with open arms and more cap space than most other teams.

Comment

• JayShort21
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If Lamp is our best hope at Left Tackle in 2020, we are screwed lol

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

The left side of the OL is not so important anymore
        The Chargers will run the ball right side

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

The "Hug-Technique"...

If you would like to support the growth of the channel, you can visit my Patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3409713Follow me on Twitter @Brett...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            The "Hug-Technique"...

If you would like to support the growth of the channel, you can visit my Patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3409713Follow me on Twitter @Brett...
            The Nutty Conundrum.
            What would you have done @ #6 ?
            Andrew and his long, tree huggin' arms was gone.
            Moment of truth.
            You are on the clock.
            Would Boltnut have bit on one of the remaining big four ?
            Tough call.
            Isaiah was there.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

If you want a sneak peek at what the Chargers will do to protect Pip, watch Joshua Kelly's highlight reel. Only imagine Justin Herbert (Tyrod) at QB.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think there will be a lot of RPO next year that will slow the pass rusher on Pip's side. And once they've shown people they can run, I think they go to play action and roll the QB to the right (Bulaga's side) the same way the Titans used the run to roll Tannehill out of the pocket to the right after play-action. To a lesser extent, Green Bay did the same thing with Rogers.

I've been Pipkin's biggest critic... but I can see how they will protect him. Pound the ball, slow the rush, roll the pocket, push it down field into the hands of your playmakers.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The Nutty Conundrum.
                What would you have done @ #6 ?
                Andrew and his long, tree huggin' arms was gone.
                Moment of truth.
                You are on the clock.
                Would Boltnut have bit on one of the remaining big four ?
                Tough call.
                Isaiah was there.
                I'm on record on another thread as taking Jedrick Wills. But I would run a different offense than I think AL/TT are going to run. Looks to me that the RPO will be run. With that in mind, I might have taken Herbert before Simmons. I'm pretty happy with Kenneth Murray. He may not be quite as fast as Simmons, but I believe he's more physical.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I had Thomas, Wills, and Becton rated very closely together. Simmons was right there, but I would have taken the 3 OT's first. Then Simmons... before Wirfs.

How are they going to protect Pip, Wood?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Ahh. I see it now. Good redraft. I like Wills very much. I think NYG especially liked Thomas as an OLT, after one more year maybe of Solder. It should work for Saquon and Daniel Jones.

This draft was like a cruel joke on Trenchers. TBH I could have lived with Thomas, Wills, Wirfs or even Becton at #6.

Pipkins ? Somebody will play OLT. I still suspect Bulaga...with Tevi Tough staying put. Hot damn.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Ahh. I see it now. Good redraft. I like Wills very much. I think NYG especially liked Thomas as an OLT, after one more year maybe of Solder. It should work for Saquon and Daniel Jones.

This draft was like a cruel joke on Trenchers. TBH I could have lived with Thomas, Wills, Wirfs or even Becton at #6.

Pipkins ? Somebody will play OLT. I still suspect Bulaga...with Tevi Tough staying put. Hot damn.
                      Hmmm... interesting take on Bulaga to LT. Could happen. I think they like Bulaga at RT. I suspect they will be rolling the pocket right often.

Thomas was always my #1 OT. Just love his run blocking. NYG did Barkley/Jones a big favor.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Pretty happy they got Joshua Kelly. Once the RB's started flying off the board in 2nd and 3rd round, Kelly started moving up my board.

Gotta love getting KJ Hill in the 7th... I know he was on your radar.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          I had Thomas, Wills, and Becton rated very closely together. Simmons was right there, but I would have taken the 3 OT's first. Then Simmons... before Wirfs.

How are they going to protect Pip, Wood?
                          I don’t think we are going to protect PIpkins. The staff may still sign a vet OT but seeing what Pipkins can do in his 2nd season will tell us what we have going forward. Best to find out with the veteran bridge QB under center than the new franchise. 2021 OT class is going to be very deep at the top if the Juniors come out with Sewell, Little, Young, Faalele, Leatherwood, Cosmi, & Jackson.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X