• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Yeah I thought we'd at least take a shot of a tackle. Perhaps next year before Hebert becomes a full time starter.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's odd though to go an entire draft without drafting an OL or DL, and Telesco has neglected both lines as Bolts GM.
      Untrue. The draft capital invested has yet to yield desired results.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Part of that is supplemented with FA where TT seems like to have more success regarding OL albeit it's more short term success given what happened to Okung, Slauson, and possibly Pouncey. We still have Tillery and Justin Jones to man the DT positions with Joseph and Square at NT. Obviously I believe in beef like you. But I'm more upset about the OT situation than in DL right now.
        The team is letting Square go, and it needs to stay that way. Especially to make room to see more of Broughton. TT has done well with the 7th pick lately; Jackson, Rochell, and a good prospect BJ Hill. Although Rochell was disappointing in 2019.

In addition to Bulaga, the team also signed Norton. He'll vacate the competition spot for the tackle positions. Depending on what you're opinion is on an XFL player.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          Yeah I thought we'd at least take a shot of a tackle. Perhaps next year before Hebert becomes a full time starter.
          like the guards in next year's draft.... Deonte Brown/Alabama, Trey Smith/Tennessee

and usually cautious 'bout 'Bama players, and.... there's LB Dylan Moses, along w/Paddy Fisher from Northwestern.

and so, as of right now.... would be looking to draft OG round one, LB round two.... ??

(not drafting for need, and more based on talent available....)
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            T. Taylor don't deserve it ?
            Don't need it ?

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Gotta ask TT that

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

When is the last time this team drafted an honest to goodness, big time, blindside protecting, Left Tackle? Jim Lachey? Or do we count Marcus McNeil?
                That's 2 in what, 30 years? Definitely not a priority for this franchise.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

AL stated yesterday that we will be running lots of Pistol formation.

Campen will use Zone blocking principles.

Our current Oline population is deemed adequate to do this.

TT was always going to draft Herbert over Andrew Thomas and the others.

But then there is Marcus McNeil doesn't count,
                  and other fairytales,
                  so the Trenchers can go to sleep at night.

Tried to warn you, my fellow Charger fans.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I hope all can realize that it was Joe Staley and his contract retiring,
                    that faciltated this trade.

Trent Williams and his agent allowed the trade
                    so he could reunite with former Redskins OC Kyle Shanahan.

LAC simply did not have these favorable factors to work with.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The team is letting Square go, and it needs to stay that way. Especially to make room to see more of Broughton. TT has done well with the 7th pick lately; Jackson, Rochell, and a good prospect BJ Hill. Although Rochell was disappointing in 2019.

In addition to Bulaga, the team also signed Norton. He'll vacate the competition spot for the tackle positions. Depending on what you're opinion is on an XFL player.
                      I forgot about Broughton. But it's Justin Jones, not BJ Hill.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Gotta ask TT that
                        Our GM believes the OT he drafted last season is our OT, also his legacy drafting OLmen is not good so far.

I would make a trade for an OT at this point, and scoop up the best OT cut this year on the waiver wire... There are still solutions to this problem.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I have to think that on Monday or Tuesday, the Chargers will be in contact with Peters - along with many other teams (Cleveland, Miami, possibly MN) -- basically any team with cap space and a young tackle that might need time to learn - sign Peters

I guess Kelvin Beachum could be given a look too. They just need to create a bit more competition and depth. Granted maybe good Storm might be a low key find

Comment

Working...
                          X