• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Chargers always good for 1 udfa to make roster
    Of the udfa they signed so far, I think one of these players make the final 53.
    Gaziano-DE
    Rice-TE
    Nabers-TE
    I like Rice
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

QB Riley Neal a Bronc
      QB Anthony Gordon to Seattle
      QB Reid Sennett playing w/Brady in Tampa
      TE Thaddeus Moss to DC (QB Steven Montez also)
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Chargers always good for 1 udfa to make roster
        Of the udfa they signed so far, I think one of these players make the final 53.
        Gaziano-DE
        Rice-TE
        Nabers-TE
        like the FB Holman, along w/TE Nabers, WR Schoen, OT Ryan Roberts and the CB from Notre Dame... (so far)
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

We have 2 Wr and a TE who can get deep. We have Ekeler, now we have 2 slot WR types who could line up at RB or Wr and run a variety of routes to get them the ball in space and then let them make plays. I think we are trying to upgrade the athleticism more than just be fast.

We can also be more aggressive this season attacking the backside pursuit to open up the run game some. We did some backside slowing with Rivers, but adding some RPO's and zone reads vs the 43 DE or 34 OLB who are supposed to run down the cutback lanes from behind, will slow the pursuit down and open up the running backs on the front side.

I also think that some of the package of routes might be a bigger part of the offense. One way to disguise how simple an offense is, you can disguise different route concepts using different formations and personnel grouping. For example: One of our big staples was running Henry on the option route strong side, with Ekeler, running the Texas concept running diagonally out, then doing sort of a sudden jump to go inside, and put the MLB in an assignment conflict. Well, now we can disguise it with different combinations of Mike Williams in a tight split or a TE (split of in tight), or even Allen, with the post of option route from the slot. Then we can use Ekeler, or use Hill off of short/long motion from outside or across the formation, or Reed lined up as a wing back type of Hback/RB hybrid, on the Texas part of the combo underneath. From Hebert's standpoint, it is the same concept, he is making the same read, going through the same progression and throwing the same route, only the D has to recognize that it from all the other things we throw in.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

like the FB Holman, along w/TE Nabers, WR Schoen, OT Ryan Roberts and the CB from Notre Dame... (so far)
            I swear he fits what the patriots have been doing the past 10 years...I watched some of his tape and he really fights for contested balls in tight coverage!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree to addig more speed but will say that:

Hebert is way faster then Rivers..... lol

Kelly is our fastest RB....

Reed is our fastest WR.....

so we have added speed, just not enough.....
              Didn't Ekeler run a 4.40 40 versus Kelley's 4.49?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

The only Bobby Holman I know races monster trucks.

:lol:
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  We have 2 Wr and a TE who can get deep. We have Ekeler, now we have 2 slot WR types who could line up at RB or Wr and run a variety of routes to get them the ball in space and then let them make plays. I think we are trying to upgrade the athleticism more than just be fast.

We can also be more aggressive this season attacking the backside pursuit to open up the run game some. We did some backside slowing with Rivers, but adding some RPO's and zone reads vs the 43 DE or 34 OLB who are supposed to run down the cutback lanes from behind, will slow the pursuit down and open up the running backs on the front side.

I also think that some of the package of routes might be a bigger part of the offense. One way to disguise how simple an offense is, you can disguise different route concepts using different formations and personnel grouping. For example: One of our big staples was running Henry on the option route strong side, with Ekeler, running the Texas concept running diagonally out, then doing sort of a sudden jump to go inside, and put the MLB in an assignment conflict. Well, now we can disguise it with different combinations of Mike Williams in a tight split or a TE (split of in tight), or even Allen, with the post of option route from the slot. Then we can use Ekeler, or use Hill off of short/long motion from outside or across the formation, or Reed lined up as a wing back type of Hback/RB hybrid, on the Texas part of the combo underneath. From Hebert's standpoint, it is the same concept, he is making the same read, going through the same progression and throwing the same route, only the D has to recognize that it from all the other things we throw in.
                  Yeah.
                  This is football.
                  Straightline speed is overrated.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Austin Ekeler (5-8 5/8, 198) ran the 40 in 4.49 and 4.48 seconds, had a 40.5-inch vertical, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.28-second short shuttle, and a 6.92-second three-cone. He's a projected post-draft free agent.

With this said, I’m sure John Lott has made him faster.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

All the skill position prospects also produce YAT, YAC(s), & 1st downs/points.
                      Yeah, I'm noticing a pattern.

Comment

• BigSwede
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

From a post I found on Fansided ... 4.43 ... 40.5 vertical.... 10.08 broad. All those numbers were better than McCaffrey's.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Alex Taylor, Trey Adams, Darryl Williams, Yasir Durant available?

Lavert Hill, Essang Bailey,Neville Clark. AJ Green?

Lawrence Cager, Tipa Galei, Joe BAchie, Nick Coe, David Woodward, Benito Jones, Tyler Clark, Ben Victor???

Gone or still to be had???

Comment

Working...
                          X