• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Adam Rank thinks the chargers are going 3-13 starting Tyrod Taylor...as a matter of fact he sees us going 0-4 the first few games...If we're 0-4 and the offense is flat with taylor then I see Herbert coming in after game 4....regardless of his experience.
    If the Chargers are 0-4 next season, there will be more than a QB's change !
    No way the Chargers will lose against CAR, JAX and CIN.
    They will be 3-5 at least after 8.
    My prediction is that Herbert will start vs LV wek 9 or at Den week 11.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If the Chargers are 0-4 next season, there will be more than a QB's change !
      No way the Chargers will lose against CAR, JAX and CIN.
      They will be 3-5 at least after 8.
      My prediction is that Herbert will start vs LV wek 9 or at Den week 11.
      On the other hand, if we are 5-3 after 8, Loyal Lynn probably won't want to "mess with the chemistry at QB"...

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On the other hand, if we are 5-3 after 8, Loyal Lynn probably won't want to "mess with the chemistry at QB"...
        That depends too...If we're averaging below 20 points on offense and the defense has been winning the games then Lynn might be thinking I need to get my boy (Herbert) ready for the playoffs.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Charger fans... wait and see if an improved O-line and Taylor's chemistry with the wide receivers happens. Stay tuned.
          This team hasn't even a recognized cow bell running back. Ekeler is gonna be wasted like Sproles was (asked to take on too much).
          A non main RB like Ekeler on another team, and he excels ( did same here).
          Asked to "produce" more with the Chargers if other less paid RB's don't produce will be a typical waste of this organization.
          Sproles was a brilliant #2 RB. Got recognized and was well paid by the owners. Then LT left and Sproles was expected to partially fill a void.
          Got released.

Same might happen with the leagues best small RB/Receiver threat Paid well..."now produce, even if the #1 RB's crapped out. We paid you well recently". DS
          Last edited by Caslon; 06-15-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            Charger fans... wait and see if an improved O-line and Taylor's chemistry with the wide receivers happens. Stay tuned.
            This team hasn't even a recognized cow bell running back. Ekeler is gonna be wasted like Sproles was (asked to take on too much).
            A non main RB like Ekeler on another team, and he excels ( did same here).
            Asked to "produce" more with the Chargers if other less paid RB's don't produce will be a typical waste of this organization.
            Sproles was a brilliant #2 RB. Got recognized and was well paid by the owners. Then LT left and Sproles was expected to partially fill a void.
            Got released.

Same might happen with the leagues best small RB/Receiver threat Paid well..."now produce, even if the #1 RB's crapped out. We paid you well recently". DS
            I see Joe Reed Taking at least 5 snaps a game when he gets up to speed. We have at least 3.5 running backs when including Reed.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I see Joe Reed Taking at least 5 snaps a game when he gets up to speed. We have at least 3.5 running backs when including Reed.
              The Fantastic Four RB Committee:

Ekkie
              JJ
              Kelley
              Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Adam Rank thinks the chargers are going 3-13 starting Tyrod Taylor...as a matter of fact he sees us going 0-4 the first few games...If we're 0-4 and the offense is flat with taylor then I see Herbert coming in after game 4....regardless of his experience.
                If 3-13 is what to expect with Taylor at QB they may as well start the rookie.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Or grit their teeth and bare it so Herbert has enough time to get properly coached up to take the reins and actually do well.Thats how I see this season personally.Hopefully Tierod does well and we maybe sniff the post season or doesnt and we patiently wait for our brand new QB to fully get up to speed as to perform to his highest potential.Dont rush the process.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Or grit their teeth and bare it so Herbert has enough time to get properly coached up to take the reins and actually do well.Thats how I see this season personally.Hopefully Tierod does well and we maybe sniff the post season or doesnt and we patiently wait for our brand new QB to fully get up to speed as to perform to his highest potential.Dont rush the process.
                    When they drafted him I thought the same thing - until I read what Arians said about rookie QB's. He said they need to learn the system and the speed of the game and they won't get any reps in practice unless they are the starter. That makes me think the year on the sideline with the clipboard is just a waste.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

I think we have a solid team that on paper addressed the OL pretty well this offseason which IMO is what gave us the most headaches last year. Rivers was solid to good but the OL issues caused him headaches when pressured. Tyrod and Justin should fare better with mobility but it comes down to reading Ds and quickness in decisions is the unknown for me. I would test them both out in preseason and if close would lean toward Justin. If Tyrod is clearly more ready start him and have a milestone evaluation 3-4 games in to see how JH has progressed. Every 4 games evaluate...to me I want to win but if Justin looks ready Id put him in unless Tyrod is just tearing it up.

Who knows maybe Tyrod ends up playing well with a stronger run game and our D steps up with DJ back and the new pieces in place. We dont need a gunslinger to win games. Play smart offense and a strong D and we could reverse course back to the 12-4 year performance. Its possible. We have the players.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                        I think we have a solid team that on paper addressed the OL pretty well this offseason which IMO is what gave us the most headaches last year. Rivers was solid to good but the OL issues caused him headaches when pressured. Tyrod and Justin should fare better with mobility but it comes down to reading Ds and quickness in decisions is the unknown for me. I would test them both out in preseason and if close would lean toward Justin. If Tyrod is clearly more ready start him and have a milestone evaluation 3-4 games in to see how JH has progressed. Every 4 games evaluate...to me I want to win but if Justin looks ready Id put him in unless Tyrod is just tearing it up.

Who knows maybe Tyrod ends up playing well with a stronger run game and our D steps up with DJ back and the new pieces in place. We dont need a gunslinger to win games. Play smart offense and a strong D and we could reverse course back to the 12-4 year performance. Its possible. We have the players.
                        If Tyrod can't make a dent in the win column with all the additions on offense and defense after the first 4 games it's time to move on and time for tyrod to retire! It just isn't going to get all that much better with the supporting cast he has around him so he has to show that he can make a decent amount of plays. At this point you either have it or you don't!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X