Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
    Answer to the question. When the Spanos clan decides he should start. Lynn doesn't have the control on it like people think he does. Sure, he makes the daily decisions on the roster and player movement. But when it comes to something vital like the QB, and other things, one of the Spanos can step in and has the final say. The people who are at the top will be the ones who decide that. The Spanos can override Lynn. If they force Lynn to start Herbert, then Lynn will start Herbert. The Spanos are his boss. They are the ones cashing the checks. They won't want to bore people with Tyrod Taylor for too long. Especially if they can see that it's not working out.

Taylor is starting now because they have to give him a fair shot. After 4 games we'll be able to tell what this team can do with Tyrod at the helm. Herbert is going to be taking this time to watch and learn from him.
    Sorry, but I don't buy this. I doubt the owners would over rule the coaches if the coaches say Herbert is not ready. Sure they are the owners and they can do that but common sense says they would only step in if the coaches were saying he's ready but aren't playing him. If the owners tell Lynn to put him in when he doesn't believe he's ready I think Lynn would quit. (and he'd have another team knocking on his door very soon).

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Where did you get 60% of the Oline is out?

Questionable in the NFL means more likely playing than not.
      Pouncey is out and Bulaga and Turner are questionable, which makes 60 percent of the starting O-line out or questionable, or limited by injury. These three also happen to be the only three proven NFL quality OL on the roster.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Sorry, but I don't buy this. I doubt the owners would over rule the coaches if the coaches say Herbert is not ready. Sure they are the owners and they can do that but common sense says they would only step in if the coaches were saying he's ready but aren't playing him. If the owners tell Lynn to put him in when he doesn't believe he's ready I think Lynn would quit. (and he'd have another team knocking on his door very soon).

Not if we're 0-8 and the reason for that is bad decision making on his part. The first 5 games of the season we are playing against elite NFL QB's. This will be a true measure of how we would fare in playoff scenarios. If Tyrod comes up short after the first 5 games due to lackluster play I can see Herbert coming up after the bye week. Other than iffy olinemen the chargers have talent on offense.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Pouncey is out and Bulaga and Turner are questionable, which makes 60 percent of the starting O-line out or questionable, or limited by injury. These three also happen to be the only three proven NFL quality OL on the roster.
          Maybe this is Mohamed Ali Rope-a-dope strategy. Start out with new guys and see what they have and then bring in the starters for the finishing kill!

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
            Answer to the question. When the Spanos clan decides he should start. Lynn doesn't have the control on it like people think he does. Sure, he makes the daily decisions on the roster and player movement. But when it comes to something vital like the QB, and other things, one of the Spanos can step in and has the final say. The people who are at the top will be the ones who decide that. The Spanos can override Lynn. If they force Lynn to start Herbert, then Lynn will start Herbert. The Spanos are his boss. They are the ones cashing the checks. They won't want to bore people with Tyrod Taylor for too long. Especially if they can see that it's not working out.

Taylor is starting now because they have to give him a fair shot. After 4 games we'll be able to tell what this team can do with Tyrod at the helm. Herbert is going to be taking this time to watch and learn from him.
            You’re opinion. You’re opinion in my opinion is horseshit!
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Questionable is far different than out.
              Players listed as “questionable” on injury reports play far more often than not.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

I still hope for a big rush attack behind Bulaga and Turner next Sunday.
                Puis-je ?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Rivers sat
                  Rodgers sat
                  Brees sat
                  Brady sat
                  Mahomes sat

lets let him sit

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You’re opinion. You’re opinion in my opinion is horseshit!
                    Maybe it won't happen like that...but I could see them calling him in to the office if they're 2-6 by the bye week and tyrod looks below average. They won't say we want you to replace tyrod they will say "the offense looks underwhelming...what are you gonna do about it!" At that point nothing more needs to be said...LOL!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

With no preseason games this year, it would be hard to start Herbert right away. Since we have all witnessed Lynn's adoration of veteran players, no matter how unwarranted, I expect it will be a while until we see Herbert unless Taylor is hurt. Remember Lynn's contract situation will likely factor into this as well - he is on a short leash and will likely feel Taylor might eek out a few more wins this year than a rookie QB going through growing pains.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Charger fans are in love with a
                        tight spiral
                        and
                        a perfect story.

I still have doubts about touch, processing, leadership, and consistent accuracy.

Isaiah Simmons + K9 ...
                        that would have been mindboggling...LB speed...a great need.

Throw in a healthy Derwin, Joey, MI...enough to slow the roll of KC.

We'll see if Herbert evolves into the chosen one...take it real slow IMV.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Maybe it won't happen like that...but I could see them calling him in to the office if they're 2-6 by the bye week and tyrod looks below average. They won't say we want you to replace tyrod they will say "the offense looks underwhelming...what are you gonna do about it!" At that point nothing more needs to be said...LOL!
                          If we start 2-6 because of Taylor I don't think anyone would have to tell Lynn to try Herbert (or Stick), common sense would tell him. Somehow, I don't think Taylor will be THAT bad, more likely our OL will be the cause of a bad start.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X