Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    :wtf2:

May Tyrod still experience bruised ribs for awhile. Is he trying to be funny? If he puts Tyrod back in there over Herbert and he stinks it up he could lose his job.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Watching Herbert play, the things he was missing were vet accuracy and vet experience.

He missed some passes that he will eventually make very easily. He had a string of passes in the 1st quarter that were just a bit off. He had some others during the course of the game, where the ball placement was just off, and the receivers could have made more YAC if he had thrown them better. Those will come with time. Those are the things he can only learn on the field. Maybe he could refine it a bit more practicing, but the only thing that really gets things to where they need to be is doing it in real games.

The same with the vet experience. He took the big sack, which was a mistake. He threw the int in a situation he never should have thrown it. On an intellectual level, I bet he really knew, don't throw it, but everyone has to learn some of those on the lessons on the field, and now is his time.

The one mistake I think that would be learned in practice is that goalline miscue late in the game. Had he and the 1st offense run that play a bunch more times together, we score a TD. But he has only run each play a few times, so he goofed up some. But you don't bench rookie QB who play as well as Herbert did.

Somewhere there is a line in the sand that a QB in terms of skills and mental command of the offense a QB has to have. I don't know where that line is. I do know that Herbert is way, way past it. He needs to play.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        #Chargers coach Ant
        #Chargers coach Anthony Lynn on Tyrod Taylor: “If he’s 100 percent ready to go, he’s our starter.”

Anhony Lynn on Tyrod Taylor: “If he’s 100 percent ready to go, he’s our starter.”
        ------------------------------------------------------------------
        He must be really pissed about that one pick. LOL
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Extremely impressed with Herbert. Never expected him to play so well so early. And with no reps in preparation, too. He made a few bad throws and made a few bad decisions (the sack and the pick were both things he wont do in the future). But he brought a lot of energy to the offense, took chances down the field, was extremely accurate on some big time throws, handled pressure well and played behind an offensive line missing another starter. At least now we know what we have and won’t have to be wondering all year how he will look on the field.

He will only get better and looked every bit as good as Burrow out there.

Heard Tyrod is in the hospital. Pray he is not seriously ill. He is a good person.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Define 100% lol.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

I hearby throw in my vote for Herbert's Charger nickname: "Point Break"

point-break.jpg

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

So, Anthony, what the fuck does Herbert need to do to win the starting job.........? He wasn't perfect, but he was very good.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Watching Herbert play, the things he was missing were vet accuracy and vet experience.

He missed some passes that he will eventually make very easily. He had a string of passes in the 1st quarter that were just a bit off. He had some others during the course of the game, where the ball placement was just off, and the receivers could have made more YAC if he had thrown them better. Those will come with time. Those are the things he can only learn on the field. Maybe he could refine it a bit more practicing, but the only thing that really gets things to where they need to be is doing it in real games.

The same with the vet experience. He took the big sack, which was a mistake. He threw the int in a situation he never should have thrown it. On an intellectual level, I bet he really knew, don't throw it, but everyone has to learn some of those on the lessons on the field, and now is his time.

The one mistake I think that would be learned in practice is that goalline miscue late in the game. Had he and the 1st offense run that play a bunch more times together, we score a TD. But he has only run each play a few times, so he goofed up some. But you don't bench rookie QB who play as well as Herbert did.

Somewhere there is a line in the sand that a QB in terms of skills and mental command of the offense a QB has to have. I don't know where that line is. I do know that Herbert is way, way past it. He needs to play.
                  I trust your analysis on Herbert Steve. So if you feel he’s ready, then let’s do it.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    So, Anthony, what the fuck does Herbert need to do to win the starting job.........? He wasn't perfect, but he was very good.
                    Tyrod just needs to be less than 100%. So 99.99999% means that Herbert is starting lol.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Key word being healthy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Lynn trying to catch KC off guard with the late announent of Herbert starting.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

If Lynn puts Tyrod back in as starter that will be putting his job on the line as well. I hope he understands that. The kid threw for over 300 in his 1st NFL game. If that doesn't deserve another look I don't know what will.

He made a couple of big mistakes in his 1st NFL GAME. Nothing surprising or wrong. Tyrod is at his ceiling. Herbie is just getting started with a ceiling that is that is as high as he wants to take it.

Comment

Working...
                          X