• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    Herbert is the future, so there's no sense in wasting games or snaps with the first string offense on Tyrod. Let Herbert get all snaps with the 1st string offense.

Losing with Herbert is far better than winning with Taylor. Herbert will learn much faster in real game situations than sitting on the bench.

Matt Ryan started as a rookie and so can Herbert.
    Agreed with all these points.

We'll know by 3-4 games to put Herbert in over Taylor. I'll say give it 3-4 games.

Tyrod is going to lose his starting job to Herbert just like he lost it to Baker Mayfield.

Comment

• BoltBernardo
      Prolific Chargers Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

The wildcard most of us forget about is contract negotiations. We have seen delays for high 1st round picks due to the language that Spanos insist on including.

This is important as it could delay Herbert’s start and subsequently delay his ability to potentially take over early in the season.

The contract will get done. I just hope there is no drama to it that impacts the ability for Herbert to get started.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Herbert won't start this year because Tyrod Taylor is going to lead the team to a 12-win season and January games (if there is a season). Remember 2004.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AsaFLBoltfan View Post

I agree with Tyrod we’re a Wildcard contender, but also my concern because Herbert would get no playing time in this scenario.
          Imho Hebert should sit for at least half the season. No need to start him so soon. Even if we do start winning and look like we'll get into the playoffs Hebert will learn the preparation and everything involved with a winning situation minus the frustration of losing and potential injury. Think of all the great QBs with long HOF type careers whom had to sit and wait their turn. So its not all that bad actually.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Herbert won't start this year because Tyrod Taylor is going to lead the team to a 12-win season and January games (if there is a season). Remember 2004.
            I'm with you, Velo. For goodness' sakes, have a little faith, people. Herbert's here to stay and Tyrod will lead the way (rhyme was unintended).

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think u need to factor in the unique aspects of this offseason. Less reps for sure. I do not think there is any need to rush things IF this is the case,I am fine if he doesn't play at all this season.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Sit him the whole season with the exception to a possible late season start. Rebuild his mecahnics from the ground up, and take your time on the progressions. He can compete for the starting job next season.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

With who? Tyrod is only signed for 2020 at this point.

Herbert will start the 2021 season. At the latest. Not rushing him in this season, just thinking the mechanics rebuild won’t take 12+ months.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Herbert starts when we are officially eliminated from the playoffs.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

At 7:20 Lynn gets the Herbert question on when. Wondering why he is wearing Tua's number :chuckle:
                      I also think his cup is empty lol

11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Longwood , FL
                        • Manager
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Imho Hebert should sit for at least half the season. No need to start him so soon. Even if we do start winning and look like we'll get into the playoffs Hebert will learn the preparation and everything involved with a winning situation minus the frustration of losing and potential injury. Think of all the great QBs with long HOF type careers whom had to sit and wait their turn. So its not all that bad actually.
                        Never said he shouldn’t sit some, but would like him to get some starts. Don’t think him starting next year with Zero game experience is optimal in my opinion either. Starting Wk 1 I don’t think should be out of the question... since 08 17 QBs have started Wk1 above average-Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, Newton, Luck, Wilson, Carr, Prescott. Middle of the Road- Tannehill, Marriotta, Dalton, Winston, Bradford. Busts- Weeden, Manual, Smith, Sanchez, RG III. So out of 17 only 5 busts, so not like they’d be “crippling” his career by playing him. OL is improved, still worried about LT. 3 young RB’s to feed and Great check down options in Ekeler and Henry. 2 above average WRs and a stout Defense to keep you in games.

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Longwood , FL
                          • Manager
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Sit him the whole season with the exception to a possible late season start. Rebuild his mecahnics from the ground up, and take your time on the progressions. He can compete for the starting job next season.
                          Those days are long gone, you don’t draft a QB #6 and sit him all year. All but a handful of 1st round QBs have started wk 1 since 08. The few that didn’t start Wk1 ended up getting multiple starts there Rookie year.

Comment

Working...
                          X