Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
    Hello, just signed up... another new member coming over from the CMB board (was previously on UT as well). I am Canadian and have been a north-of-the-border Charger fan since I first saw Dan Fouts play in the early 80's... Never been to a Charger home game, but have seen them a few times on the road when they hit the east coast. I like following the NFL draft as well. Cheers!
    Welcome Canada. Those air Coryell teams seem to have won over lots of fans back in the day. I am too young to really remember them but hopefully the Chargers always want to keep there fans and never answer the haters who say they would do better rebranding to try to win over LA as a fool no one pseudo expansion team.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

serious question here: where would your allegiance be if Spanos had been forced to leave the Chargers name and history in San Diego for later use when he abandoned SD for LA? This is what Modell did when he moved the Browns to Balt- and they rebranded as the Ravens. There could of been a situation where the Chargers we all grew up loving and supporting existed in name and memories only- but no ownership OR players (team) to root for and support for some unknown period of time. Would you have followed/supported the rebranded Spanos team in LA or waited for the new entity to emerge and support the Bolt that way?
      Last edited by BlazingBolt; 09-27-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Yes, that was me, back when I lived in Lakeside and you were El Cajon if I remember right. A lot of (unfortunate) truth in your analysis. San Diego has morphed into a city I don't recognize or enjoy compared to how exceptional it was growing up there in the 60s-80s. Sooo much has changed for the worse and CA now too far gone to ever be comfortable/happy living there, so I pulled a Spanos and relocated. I'm considering rebranding too :lol: as I'm no longer a resident or fan of anything related to SD.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Hello, just signed up... another new member coming over from the CMB board (was previously on UT as well). I am Canadian and have been a north-of-the-border Charger fan since I first saw Dan Fouts play in the early 80's... Never been to a Charger home game, but have seen them a few times on the road when they hit the east coast. I like following the NFL draft as well. Cheers!
          Glad to have you man.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Welcome ChargerTrader !

It can be such a struggle to have an actual football conversation over there.

TPB ownership and membership are great people.

There are sharp football minds onsite.

wood.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Yes, that was me, back when I lived in Lakeside and you were El Cajon if I remember right. A lot of (unfortunate) truth in your analysis. San Diego has morphed into a city I don't recognize or enjoy compared to how exceptional it was growing up there in the 60s-80s. Sooo much has changed for the worse and CA now too far gone to ever be comfortable/happy living there, so I pulled a Spanos and relocated. I'm considering rebranding too :lol: as I'm no longer a resident or fan of anything related to SD.

Comment

• FrankB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Years lurking on CMB. Live in the UK, have been to many home games in SD and a few dotted around the US. Will be representing at Wembley this year.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
                  Years lurking on CMB. Live in the UK, have been to many home games in SD and a few dotted around the US. Will be representing at Wembley this year.
                  welcome aboard.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Hey welcome to the blues man. Glad to have aboard with us.

Comment

• RobH
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Tokyo, Japan
                      • University English Lecturer
                      • Send PM

Welcome aboard. Maybe you and Windsor UK can hook up somewhere, since you're both across the pond.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Bob's your uncle, mate! Cheers!

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• pathological
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

hello,,,looking for some chargerfans to watch games with in Tacoma wa area,,,

Comment

Working...
                          X