Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Read again what I said. It keeps you out of the hospital. That's it. It doesn't prevent you from getting it.
      As stated in my information post……

1. Yes it does minimize the risk of contracting COVID-19.

——. New cases of those with COVID-19, in Louisiana 97% or Maryland at 95%, are unvaccinated. That leaves 3% to 5% being vaccinated who contracted the illness. If you don’t see the difference in odds, I’m not sure what information​​​​​​/evidence would change your mind.

2. The more people who are vaccinated reduces the risk to the entire population. The “herd immunity” factor.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

As stated in my information post……

1. Yes it does minimize the risk of contracting COVID-19.

——. New cases of those with COVID-19, in Louisiana 97% or Maryland at 95%, are unvaccinated. That leaves 3% to 5% being vaccinated who contracted the illness. If you don’t see the difference in odds, I’m not sure what information​​​​​​/evidence would change your mind.

2. The more people who are vaccinated reduces the risk to the entire population. The “herd immunity” factor.
        1. No it doesn't, and no manufacturer ever claimed to the FDA that it would.

2. The only risk reduced is the risk of hospitalization. I don't know where you are getting this from. This is not an immunization, and that's not how mRNA vaccines work.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

The point of the whole thread was this:

An outbreak can occur regardless of whether players are vaccinated or not. This is completely illogical. I don't know what the point of this whole "blame the unvaccinated" movement is when anyone can spread it.

If you're at risk, get the vaccine. I'm not even at risk and I got it months ago. But it was my choice. This is just getting stupid.
          An out break is MUCH LESS LIKELY IF THE VAST MAJORITY ARE VACCINATED!!!

and yes blame the unvaccinated. They allow the virus to flourish and mutate fucking it up for everybody else

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

There's a reason that back in May the CDC quit tracking positive cases for those vaccinated. It's only tracking hospitalizations & fatalities for those who were vaccinated.

There's a reason that Fauci backtracked a few days ago and said vaccinated people may want to consider wearing masks indoors.

*clue phone rings*

Singapore, however, doesn't appear to be hiding what is now obvious.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

1. No it doesn't, and no manufacturer ever claimed to the FDA that it would.

2. The only risk reduced is the risk of hospitalization. I don't know where you are getting this from. This is not an immunization, and that's not how mRNA vaccines work.
              1) J&J is not a mRNA vaccine.
              2B) CDC, Washington Post, Medscape, Maryland Department of Health, Governor of Louisiana (LA Department of Health)

Currently authorized vaccines in the United States are highly effective at protecting vaccinated people against symptomatic and severe COVID-19. Additionally, a growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.4 days ago - CDC

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

Clinical trials of mRNA vaccines have consistently demonstrated high effectiveness against COVID-19, but now a large, real-world study confirms that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are more than 95% effective in preventing confirmed infection.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

1) J&J is not a mRNA vaccine.
                2B) CDC, Washington Post, Medscape, Maryland Department of Health, Governor of Louisiana (LA Department of Health)

Currently authorized vaccines in the United States are highly effective at protecting vaccinated people against symptomatic and severe COVID-19. Additionally, a growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection or transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.4 days ago - CDC

Editor's note: Find the latest COVID-19 news and guidance in Medscape's Coronavirus Resource Center.

Clinical trials of mRNA vaccines have consistently demonstrated high effectiveness against COVID-19, but now a large, real-world study confirms that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are more than 95% effective in preventing confirmed infection.
                I'm well aware that J&J isn't an mRNA vaccine. I'm much more educated in these matters than you are.

Then no one who is vaccinated should have to wear a mask, correct?

None of this is peer-reviewed. This is under an EUA, and all of this is playing out in real time. Singapore is ahead of most everyone else, and the observable data doesn't fit with these conclusions. And over time, we will be exactly where they are now, with continuing spread of COVID amongst those fully vaccinated.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I'm well aware that J&J isn't an mRNA vaccine. I'm much more educated in these matters than you are.

None of this is peer-reviewed. This is under an EUA, and all of this is playing out in real time. Singapore is ahead of most everyone else, and the observable data doesn't fit with these conclusions. And over time, we will be exactly where they are now, with continuing spread of COVID amongst those fully vaccinated.
                  You demonstrate the validity of this statement with every post.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

You demonstrate the validity of this statement with every post.
                    Always happy to put you on the right path. God knows you need it.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Since when is Singapore ahead of anyone?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He obviously is more well read on this subject than you, I, or anyone from the state departments of health, CDC, WAPO, or medical reference/education materials, for medical professionals, I listed to refute his inaccurate assertions.
                        I’m sure he’ll post all of his appropriate evidence and reference materials at some point.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I already sited it. You just decided not to read it.

Singapore has already inoculated nearly 75% of its 5.7 million people, the world's second highest after the United Arab Emirates, a Reuters tracker shows, and half its population is fully vaccinated.

Comment

Working...
                          X