• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Got to leave today, but no resolution on my syncope, so I'm wearing a Zio Patch, which will record all my heart activity for 14 days. My current meds were also changed, no longer taking the Anti Platelet drug Plavix, as there is no reason to keep it as my stent has been in place for 3 yrs and has a coating of endothelials , which should not close, as well no beta blocker (my heart rate isn't that elevated, maybe low at night. For the next few days, using that anti-seizure drug, but no Aspirin as well due to the presence of the small blood bleed, but starting that back up in 10 days. My echocardiogram shows some degradation from the last time, but my heart attack then should have been a lot worse.

The Chest CT shows that my pancreas has an extension that is unexplained, maybe due to the trauma, so I get an MRI in 6 month. I'm not yet a full blown cancer patient, we'll see about the pancreas and the prostate.

I look at this journey this way, its nothing to get sad about, I just take care of it. My roommate at the VA hospital was only 35, with all sorts of auto-immune conditions that are causing severe pain and mobility issues. He was fit enough to start BUDS but had to go a different route, then this happened. He has a lot of Doctors on the case... the hospital is also a learning hospital for the UCSD Medical School. I'm giving Glen some Mojo as well.

Comment

• Craig440
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Got to leave today, but no resolution on my syncope, so I'm wearing a Zio Patch, which will record all my heart activity for 14 days. My current meds were also changed, no longer taking the Anti Platelet drug Plavix, as there is no reason to keep it as my stent has been in place for 3 yrs and has a coating of endothelials , which should not close, as well no beta blocker (my heart rate isn't that elevated, maybe low at night. For the next few days, using that anti-seizure drug, but no Aspirin as well due to the presence of the small blood bleed, but starting that back up in 10 days. My echocardiogram shows some degradation from the last time, but my heart attack then should have been a lot worse.

The Chest CT shows that my pancreas has an extension that is unexplained, maybe due to the trauma, so I get an MRI in 6 month. I'm not yet a full blown cancer patient, we'll see about the pancreas and the prostate.

I look at this journey this way, its nothing to get sad about, I just take care of it. My roommate at the VA hospital was only 35, with all sorts of auto-immune conditions that are causing severe pain and mobility issues. He was fit enough to start BUDS but had to go a different route, then this happened. He has a lot of Doctors on the case... the hospital is also a learning hospital for the UCSD Medical School. I'm giving Glen some Mojo as well.
      Mojo continuing for you and now for Glen. I learned a little from your post. My stents are three and a half years old. I'm going to look into stopping the plavix myself. Did they have to do an angeoplasty to find the endothellials situation?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Mojo continuing for you and now for Glen. I learned a little from your post. My stents are three and a half years old. I'm going to look into stopping the plavix myself. Did they have to do an angeoplasty to find the endothellials situation?
        No angioplasty, but there are no studies on DAPT beyond 2 yrs, and all taking Plavix beyond the 2nd year is raise bleeding risk. No matter what, you stay on low dose aspirin unless its a special case, like an expected procedure or like mine, possible bleeding in the brain. The doctor who took me off of the Plavix said there was no reason to risk bleeding, as the stent by that time (three years) is safe, she wasn't just an attending, but a full professor of medicine. She mentioned that there is a move by cardiologists to maybe reduce the overall time on the anti-platelet.

Comment

• Craig440
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

No angioplasty, but there are no studies on DAPT beyond 2 yrs, and all taking Plavix beyond the 2nd year is raise bleeding risk. No matter what, you stay on low dose aspirin unless its a special case, like an expected procedure or like mine, possible bleeding in the brain. The doctor who took me off of the Plavix said there was no reason to risk bleeding, as the stent by that time (three years) is safe, she wasn't just an attending, but a full professor of medicine. She mentioned that there is a move by cardiologists to maybe reduce the overall time on the anti-platelet.
          Thanks. I'm going to check into this. I've been on Plavix for three and a half years.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Prayers bro. Dont always see this stuff in this section of the forum.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Just an update on whats up. On the syncope... I turned in my zio patch heart monitor, so maybe it will have a clue on what may have happened, over the last 2 weeks. Most of the bruises are gone, but I do have some TMJ pain. We'll find out if there was a possible heart issue that stopped my heart so briefly, but I'm thinking it was the result of meds that control blood pressure. Normally my resting bp is around 100-110/60-80, so it was already low, but in the hospital it was higher, but now back to those same levels. To be honest, if I didn't hurt myself, I wouldn't have gone to the ER, but probably best that I did. I was taken off the beta blocker (metoprolol) and I may take off another med that can cause being light headed (flomax) ... which is a prostate med to help with an Enlarged Prostate.

So for the prostate issue (PCa). I chose to do Active Surveillance, which is essentially testing to monitor my PSA, and follow up MRI and Biopsy for the next year. However I may go for a second opinion outside the VA. The cancer is currently isolated in one lobe of the prostate, which is a favorable intermediate grade that can ultimately go metastatic, but can be treated by complete removal of the prostate via robotic surgery, or external radiation. I asked about focal treatment options, which isolate on the tumor itself, but that currently is not the standard of care in the US.

The cancer can be cured for sure by surgery or radiation.. but the after effects is worse for surgery, and less so for radiation. In short, the aftereffects are possible incontinence and ED, higher for surgery, and possible bowel issues for external radiation. For Radiation, I need to discuss with going with a 40 day visit course, or a newer method that only has 5 days, but higher doses. My lean is with going with radiation when the time comes. As for focal treatment, there are some methods that will go after the tumor itself, such as with Cryotherapy, or HiFrequency Ultra Sound. The good thing with focal treatment is that there are less aftereffects, but may not get all the cancer if there isn't good imaging, and focal treatment may not be covered by insurance.

So in short, I need more info on my PCa, but still waiting on the heart issue too.

Comment

• Craig440
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Good luck Bolt-O I'm praying for you and sending good Mojo.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I noticed that I hadn't updated on what happened to my Zio Patch analysis from about 3 weeks ago after that syncope that had me in the hospital. I thought that it would not show anything strange, but it did. It showed my heart went into Ventricular Tachycardia, also known as V-Tach, for a couple of very short periods (less than 10 sec) when I'm normally sleeping, so the Ventricles were contracting twice as much as they were supposed to, V-Tach if sustained is a life-threatening situation as it can go to V-Fib, where the heart is essentially uncoordinated. The cause may have been due to heart damage I had from the heart attack which caused a node in the ventricle to fire out of sequence from the main node in the atriums.

I had been on a beta-blocker which does slow heart rate, but also helps against V-Tach, but was taken off the med while at the hospital. During the monitoring I reported via the patch when I felt light headed, which usually happened when I got up too quickly. However, the drug I have been taking for BPH symptoms "Flomax", also could cause lightheadedness. So I stopped taking it, and the lightheadedness mostly went away. Cardiology put me back on the beta blocker to help against V-Tach.. and I get to repeat the zio-patch monitor, which should clear the likely cause of the initial syncope... too many meds... and maybe getting too stressed out about the cancer diagnosis, sub-consciously... as long as I sustain normal sinus rhythm for two weeks.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

I noticed that I hadn't updated on what happened to my Zio Patch analysis from about 3 weeks ago after that syncope that had me in the hospital. I thought that it would not show anything strange, but it did. It showed my heart went into Ventricular Tachycardia, also known as V-Tach, for a couple of very short periods (less than 10 sec) when I'm normally sleeping, so the Ventricles were contracting twice as much as they were supposed to, V-Tach if sustained is a life-threatening situation as it can go to V-Fib, where the heart is essentially uncoordinated. The cause may have been due to heart damage I had from the heart attack which caused a node in the ventricle to fire out of sequence from the main node in the atriums.

I had been on a beta-blocker which does slow heart rate, but also helps against V-Tach, but was taken off the med while at the hospital. During the monitoring I reported via the patch when I felt light headed, which usually happened when I got up too quickly. However, the drug I have been taking for BPH symptoms "Flomax", also could cause lightheadedness. So I stopped taking it, and the lightheadedness mostly went away. Cardiology put me back on the beta blocker to help against V-Tach.. and I get to repeat the zio-patch monitor, which should clear the likely cause of the initial syncope... too many meds... and maybe getting too stressed out about the cancer diagnosis, sub-consciously... as long as I sustain normal sinus rhythm for two weeks.
                    Bro sorry i never see this stuff cause i rarely venture outside the main forum. Let me know if can ever do anything for you.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Bro sorry i never see this stuff cause i rarely venture outside the main forum. Let me know if can ever do anything for you.
                      Thanks, I'm good, and also the same for you from me. The good thing about my health issues is that there is no pain involved for now, but there are annoyances and some level of regret over eating choices that could have been a cause of the initial heart attack.

I'm now waiting for the results of the 2nd heart monitor, and hopefully there won't be anything that needs a procedure like an ablation. As a part of the Active Surveillance protocol, I also have a PSA test to see if there is a possible change where I would have to act on the prostate cancer sooner than later, but the heart issue is more important.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Thanks, I'm good, and also the same for you from me. The good thing about my health issues is that there is no pain involved for now, but there are annoyances and some level of regret over eating choices that could have been a cause of the initial heart attack.

I'm now waiting for the results of the 2nd heart monitor, and hopefully there won't be anything that needs a procedure like an ablation. As a part of the Active Surveillance protocol, I also have a PSA test to see if there is a possible change where I would have to act on the prostate cancer sooner than later, but the heart issue is more important.
                        Ill be praying for ya my man. And yes diet is so important. I eat so clean now. Im even taking Wu's advice on some aging supps. This stuff he has me taking has been a game changer. I feel the best ive felt in a while. Ive lost 70 pounds over the last 14 months. Picked up a ton of muscle. Doing 600 push ups in under 10 minutes now. My best ever. And i was always very fit and strong in my 30s. I couldnt do that amount of push ups.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Ill be praying for ya my man. And yes diet is so important. I eat so clean now. Im even taking Wu's advice on some aging supps. This stuff he has me taking has been a game changer. I feel the best ive felt in a while. Ive lost 70 pounds over the last 14 months. Picked up a ton of muscle. Doing 600 push ups in under 10 minutes now. My best ever. And i was always very fit and strong in my 30s. I couldnt do that amount of push ups.
                          Hmm, what is the stuff he as you taking?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍