Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survived A Heart Attack..Now Prostate Cancer

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #97
    Got to leave today, but no resolution on my syncope, so I'm wearing a Zio Patch, which will record all my heart activity for 14 days. My current meds were also changed, no longer taking the Anti Platelet drug Plavix, as there is no reason to keep it as my stent has been in place for 3 yrs and has a coating of endothelials , which should not close, as well no beta blocker (my heart rate isn't that elevated, maybe low at night. For the next few days, using that anti-seizure drug, but no Aspirin as well due to the presence of the small blood bleed, but starting that back up in 10 days. My echocardiogram shows some degradation from the last time, but my heart attack then should have been a lot worse.

    The Chest CT shows that my pancreas has an extension that is unexplained, maybe due to the trauma, so I get an MRI in 6 month. I'm not yet a full blown cancer patient, we'll see about the pancreas and the prostate.

    I look at this journey this way, its nothing to get sad about, I just take care of it. My roommate at the VA hospital was only 35, with all sorts of auto-immune conditions that are causing severe pain and mobility issues. He was fit enough to start BUDS but had to go a different route, then this happened. He has a lot of Doctors on the case... the hospital is also a learning hospital for the UCSD Medical School. I'm giving Glen some Mojo as well.

    Comment


    • #98
      Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Got to leave today, but no resolution on my syncope, so I'm wearing a Zio Patch, which will record all my heart activity for 14 days. My current meds were also changed, no longer taking the Anti Platelet drug Plavix, as there is no reason to keep it as my stent has been in place for 3 yrs and has a coating of endothelials , which should not close, as well no beta blocker (my heart rate isn't that elevated, maybe low at night. For the next few days, using that anti-seizure drug, but no Aspirin as well due to the presence of the small blood bleed, but starting that back up in 10 days. My echocardiogram shows some degradation from the last time, but my heart attack then should have been a lot worse.

      The Chest CT shows that my pancreas has an extension that is unexplained, maybe due to the trauma, so I get an MRI in 6 month. I'm not yet a full blown cancer patient, we'll see about the pancreas and the prostate.

      I look at this journey this way, its nothing to get sad about, I just take care of it. My roommate at the VA hospital was only 35, with all sorts of auto-immune conditions that are causing severe pain and mobility issues. He was fit enough to start BUDS but had to go a different route, then this happened. He has a lot of Doctors on the case... the hospital is also a learning hospital for the UCSD Medical School. I'm giving Glen some Mojo as well.
      Mojo continuing for you and now for Glen. I learned a little from your post. My stents are three and a half years old. I'm going to look into stopping the plavix myself. Did they have to do an angeoplasty to find the endothellials situation?

      Comment


      • #99
        Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

        Mojo continuing for you and now for Glen. I learned a little from your post. My stents are three and a half years old. I'm going to look into stopping the plavix myself. Did they have to do an angeoplasty to find the endothellials situation?
        No angioplasty, but there are no studies on DAPT beyond 2 yrs, and all taking Plavix beyond the 2nd year is raise bleeding risk. No matter what, you stay on low dose aspirin unless its a special case, like an expected procedure or like mine, possible bleeding in the brain. The doctor who took me off of the Plavix said there was no reason to risk bleeding, as the stent by that time (three years) is safe, she wasn't just an attending, but a full professor of medicine. She mentioned that there is a move by cardiologists to maybe reduce the overall time on the anti-platelet.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

          No angioplasty, but there are no studies on DAPT beyond 2 yrs, and all taking Plavix beyond the 2nd year is raise bleeding risk. No matter what, you stay on low dose aspirin unless its a special case, like an expected procedure or like mine, possible bleeding in the brain. The doctor who took me off of the Plavix said there was no reason to risk bleeding, as the stent by that time (three years) is safe, she wasn't just an attending, but a full professor of medicine. She mentioned that there is a move by cardiologists to maybe reduce the overall time on the anti-platelet.
          Thanks. I'm going to check into this. I've been on Plavix for three and a half years.

          Comment


          • Prayers bro. Dont always see this stuff in this section of the forum.

            Comment

            Working...
            X