• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
    Dexters best season was definitely the Lithgow season (I thought it was Season 3, but if it wasn't that is what I meant)

I agree that those are good episodes of Breaking Bad. Half Measure really took me by surprise, so did the end of the Train Robbery and Lily of the Valley reveal (which made me take 5 minutes and re piece the episodes together) I just think that Breaking Bad has been consistently VERY good, but putting it as the greatest thing ever set to film may be reaching a bit.
    People loved Breaking Bad so I understand the hyperbole. The acting was top notch as was the preproduction and directing.

The greatest show ever. I guess it depends on genre. A couple I prefer are certain seasons of Dr Who, Deadwood and the best comedy ever, for me, Coupling. Also I'm just starting The Wire which has been unbelievable.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Haven't seen the Wire yet, but one of my favorite novelists, George Pelecanos writes for that show. Looking forward to getting some time to watch it one day.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

For me, being an old guy, M*A*S*H was one of the best. Great dialog and stories. Didn't like the finale, though.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

My Key Grip on Raising Hope started out on M*A*S*H.
          I just started on this show, and it was a real thrill for me to work with Cloris Leachman.
          Bluker!
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sherlock just got picked up for a 3rd season. Some really good storytelling.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Sherlock just got picked up for a 3rd season. Some really good storytelling.
              Sherlock Holmes on CBS? or some other show, I'm not familiar with?
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                Sherlock Holmes on CBS? or some other show, I'm not familiar with?
                It's a BBC show. It also airs on PBS. It's just really well done. The CBS show was made because of the success of the BBC show.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

I see... I was confused because my wife watches that CBS show, and I think it's kinda ... well, it ain't Breaking Bad, you know?

It's just a CBS crime show, with a colorful character.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    I see... I was confused because my wife watches that CBS show, and I think it's kinda ... well, it ain't Breaking Bad, you know?

It's just a CBS crime show, with a colorful character.
                    The villain from the last Star Trek plays the BBC Sherlock and its much darker. The Executive Producer and sometimes writer is my favorite person working in TV. He created and wrote Coupling(BBC) and then wrote the best DR Who episodes. Took over as Executive Producer of Dr Who and created Sherlock. He also wrote Tintin but his TV work is up there with David Simon/Milch/Gilligan/Whedon.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      It's a BBC show. It also airs on PBS. It's just really well done. The CBS show was made because of the success of the BBC show.
                      They are available on Netflix as well. It's an excellent series! I didn't think the 3rd season was in doubt, it was a matter of finding time for the two leads to make out time. The two actors who play Sherlock and Watson (Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman) are both really popular.. with Cumberbatch really seeming to gain some steam.

(Your post made me do some googling and I think they just announced the Season 3 release date.. Yay! Jan 19th!)

Anyway, if you haven't seen it. Do it. There's only 6 episodes in total. 2 3-episode seasons. Each episode is about 2 hours, then count down the days until January 19th!

Comment

• Screeme
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

And... maybe pursuant to my Breaking Bad point... I'm REALLY excited for new episodes of Sherlock. I suspect, if I was watching BB real time.. I'd definitely record and watch them.. but I don't think I'd be salivating over new episodes like I am for Sherlock, or Game of Thrones. (Of course, GoT may just be the omnipresent potential to see Danaerys naked)

Comment

• mikec
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

If you're a fan of dark police dramas with troubled main characters:

The British series Thorne (unfortunately, only 6 episodes):

Morrissey is the actor who played "The Governor" in Walking Dead.

And the Inspector Rebus series also from Britain:

It might be better if you're not an avid Ian Rankin fan...

Comment

Working...
                          X