• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Screeme
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    The Americans was so solid in Season 4. I'm amazed that show isn't more popular, maybe it's too dark, or too hard for people to find themselves rooting for Soviet spies? But it's so great.
    Such a good show! The Finale was really strange though.. or at least.. it was a strange episode to end a season on. Looking back, I feel like they should have stretched Martha's storyline a bit, and had the amazing episode centered around her as the finale, and had this episode last week. As it stands they end on, what feels like, a mid season episode.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
      Such a good show! The Finale was really strange though.. or at least.. it was a strange episode to end a season on. Looking back, I feel like they should have stretched Martha's storyline a bit, and had the amazing episode centered around her as the finale, and had this episode last week. As it stands they end on, what feels like, a mid season episode.
      I realize she's a traitor to her country and all but I really felt for Martha. She was lonely and made a real bad decision on who to get close to. What's going on with her? I kind of assumed she'd be killed off by now but who knows. I really feel sorry for her.

The cliff-hangers aren't especially dangerous ones, are they. It's almost more of a family drama series now than a deadly spy show any more. And with Philip's son perhaps joining the fray I don't see that changing a whole lot.

I thought for certain that Elizabeth was about to crack with all the potential disasters at her feet. She had to betray her only real friend in a major way (the Korean lady). Then Paige blabbing to her friends that her parents are KGB. But Paige seems to have turned into a safety valve in a way for Elizabeth and even somewhat dependable with her ability to be surprisingly level-headed and report back on what's happening on two fronts (The Pastor and his wife and the FBI agent's son). Paige has gone from liability to asset very quickly! Then you had Philip's fascination with his feelings (EST group) and how that digs up areas of Elizabeth's life that were so painful. Anyway, IMO, Paige's recent behavior - after the bombshell she dropped on Pastor Tim - has been the only thing holding Elizabeth's sanity together.

One thing I'm kind of wondering about is where is evidence from Gorbachev's Perestroika and Glasnost? He came into power March of 1985. You'd think the show would be approaching that time by now.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

GoT episode 9 exceeded my expectations. Awesome TV day with the NBA game 7. All you needed to see was the 4th quarter of the game, but the Battle of the Bastards was more than great.

Comment

• Screeme
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          GoT episode 9 exceeded my expectations. Awesome TV day with the NBA game 7. All you needed to see was the 4th quarter of the game, but the Battle of the Bastards was more than great.
          Amazing.. and I had even called how this was going to go in terms of the Knights of the Vail.

Hopefully Jon realizes that he needs an actual Army to fight in the future. This is twice he's fought with a very badly outnumbered force, stared at death in the face, and had his bacon saved by an actual Army.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I just watched American Horror Story, the one about the witches. How come Angela Bassett's name isn't in the credits?

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Jon knows nothing. Actually I think he'll now be less reckless, proving to himself that he has a will to live.

I so want to see Arya pop up in River Run to take out Walder Frey, but he might get Jaime'ed instead.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Been working on a live action / animated show for Fox called Son Of Zorn. Pretty damn funny stuff. Look for it to follow The Simpsons this fall.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Been working on a live action / animated show for Fox called Son Of Zorn. Pretty damn funny stuff. Look for it to follow The Simpsons this fall.
                  Rad. Is this you on the set?

hoarse.gif

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bleeding Vagina Who Should Be GM View Post
                    Rad. Is this you on the set?

[ATTACH]1036[/ATTACH]
                    Yes.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

River.
                      Holy Fuq this is the best thing I have ever seen on television!
                      I wish the shit shows I've worked on were a 10th this good.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

River.
                        Are you referring to the BBC One production with Stellan Skarsgard and Eddie Marsan?
                        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

River.
                          Did you watch the whole season?? Don't want to drop any spoilers

It is fugging amazing. The guy that plays his partner Ira is superb, wonderful understated acting

Give Happy Valley a try , very good also
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X