• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
    What about The Mandalorian? Got a chance to see the first 4 episodes and it seems pretty well done.
    Its really good.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

The History Channel and Discovery Channel produced three excellent documentaries with just enough drama acting to make it absorbing. I enjoyed all three immensely. "The Men Who Built America" , "The Food That Built America" and the mini series "Egypt." They re-ran those shows this weekend. Outstanding mix of history with just the right mix of drama acting depicted. They didn't overdo the drama part.

I'm ashamed of these two channels now airing crap shows like "The Vikings" where they insert Lifetime or Hallmark movie of the week drama with 90% drama and 10% actual history mixed in as an excuse.

They're pure Hollywood factory crap shows. Fine. Only put it on the damn Hallmark or Lifetime channel, not the Discovery or History Channel. The History and Discovery channel are now promoting these soon to air shows more and more with just an inkling of actual history. Forget that!
      Last edited by Caslon; 12-26-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        They're pure Hollywood factory crap shows. Fine. Only put it on the damn Hallmark or Lifetime channel, not the Discovery or History Channel. The History and Discovery channel are now promoting these soon to air shows more and more with just an inkling of actual history. Forget that!
        Hollywood is full of propaganda and brainwashing, and the history and discovery channel only gives you information with part truths.

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Caught the first couple episodes The Oustider on HBO the last couple of nights. So far following the book well. Based on a Stephen King book.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Hollywood is full of propaganda and brainwashing, and the history and discovery channel only gives you information with part truths.
            Ancient Aliens show is entertaining when they depict actual UFO incidents. The re-creations are fairly entertaining. The other AA shows are just pure bunk for ratings and ad revenue sake.

My biggest laugh is when they depict ancient sculptures showing helmeted figurines . As if travelling beings who transverse wormholes to get here wear 1967 Apollo type suits and helmets.

Why do they make such laughable comparisons? "Oh look...that figurine looks just like a 1967 Apollo suit." Huh? Wha?

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Watched 1917 and Parasite... 1917 is a technical achievement, showing war with a single take (or at least appeared to be), and Parasite a roller-coaster of plot line of black comedy and class conflict. If I had an Oscar vote, it would between these two, and I'm leaning to Parasite. The plot twist for Parasite had a bigger impact to the end story than with 1917, but it would be really hard to overcome the bias against foreign language films for Best Picture.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

1917 bored the heck out of me. The camera work was its only saving grace.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Parasite wins the Oscar for Best Picture. Good pick by the academy, and edged 1917 in total awards. "The Irishman" got shut out, which may have been a surprise, and all the acting awards went to the same winners from the earlier award show. I'm not sure why Joaquin Phoenix was talking about cows getting impregnated and getting milk stolen was all about.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Joaquin is a vegan and talks about it all the time. Parasite was cool but also my 4th favorite film by Bong.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Joaquin is a vegan and talks about it all the time. Parasite was cool but also my 4th favorite film by Bong.
                      Ah, explains that. It just seemed out of right field, but it wasn't going to bring more people to his side. Don't know much about Bong's other films, open to suggestions. I try not to dive deep into social commentary that a film might have, but Parasite was the most entertaining of the Oscar noms.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Ill watch parasite tonight.

And I love Joaquin. He is probably my favorite current actor. I just hope we dont have a Phillip Hoffman situation on our hands one day. I dont want to judge him. And i tend to think actors do the strange thing act just to be terminally unique. Some a lot more than others.

But with him? I know what hes dealing with.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoDak
                          • Technology Director
                          • Send PM

Joaquin is a very good actor, and very political.

I was wondering if he would mention his brother, and he did at the end. That choked me up a bit.
                          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                          X