• Draftnik
    • Send PM

Electric Cars vs Gas Cars

Originally posted by wu-dai clan

Dad's new sled.
    Perfectly parked.

Editor's note: It is not wu's truck,
    but it is sweet.
    The new Ford F-150 Lightning is coming my way in 2023/24.
    That color blue with magnetic lightning bolt decals will have to be on the agenda too.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The new Ford F-150 Lightning is coming my way in 2023/24.
    That color blue with magnetic lightning bolt decals will have to be on the agenda too.
    Yep. And it's ALL ELECTRIC:

all electric lightning.JPG

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. And it's ALL ELECTRIC:

all electric lightning.JPG
      That is why it’s coming my way.
      Then the woman wants another Lincoln Aviator when it goes all electric.
      We want to be all electric vehicles and our home on complete renewable energy by 2025. It makes sense with the infrastructure investments in charging stations by VW, ChargePoint, Shell, etc.

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• BoltBacker
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Las Vegas, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

How would you, say, drive to Las Vegas, with an all electric fleet? I’m not anti-electric but i guess folk have to factor in stop-overs to charge? How long does a recharge take, where would you stop on the way for to recharge?

I’d like to get one electric for the family for local errands but still not sure about taking trips in one.
        My nephew has a Tesla and drove out from Nebraska to visit us in Vegas with no issues. Their charging network is great. I don't think the trucks will be as easy for long trips, with bigger battery packs and shorter range due to weight. It will take much longer to top them off with the big battery capacity.

Using electric trucks locally will be great. Local being fairly unrestrictive when you are talking 200-300 miles of driving. For most common users the electrics will be great and many times preferable. Ford is going to be selling these like crazy IMO.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

How would you, say, drive to Las Vegas, with an all electric fleet? I’m not anti-electric but i guess folk have to factor in stop-overs to charge? How long does a recharge take, where would you stop on the way for to recharge?

I’d like to get one electric for the family for local errands but still not sure about taking trips in one.
          Yep...IMHO at least some electric vehicles are still not a viable option for long trips...by Ford's own admission, the recharge time on a new F-150 Lightning can range from 19 hours to 41 minutes...and that 41 minutes is IF you can find one of those "Fast Charging Stations"...and that's a mighty big "IF"...

lightning recharge.JPG
          https://tiremeetsroad.com/2021/05/20...0-volt-outlet/

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My Lexus Hybrid >>> your Electric Banana Boat...
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The future of the long-haul trucking industry is going to be electric - driverless electric. Currently, human truck drivers are limited in the number of miles they can drive per day. There is no such restriction for trucks driven by computers, which can be on the road 24/7 and deliver goods faster.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Right now you certainly have to map your route. There are several apps that can do this but the coverage is far from great. This is why I said we want to be all electric by 2025.
                The investments in charging stations will be significant over the next decade. Fast charging stations are the wave of future builds.
                The mileage range of EVs will increase with battery improvements. The solid state battery technology will vastly increase this.
                Long way to go but it is the future everyone will have to get use to.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Besides that - the change will put our climate in control of our government instead of God! lmao
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Besides that - the change will put our climate in control of our government instead of God! lmao
                    Let’s not open up that can of worms.

Hope you had a great Father’s Day weekend Roo!

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Right now you certainly have to map your route. There are several apps that can do this but the coverage is far from great. This is why I said we want to be all electric by 2025.
                      The investments in charging stations will be significant over the next decade. Fast charging stations are the wave of future builds.
                      The mileage range of EVs will increase with battery improvements. The solid state battery technology will vastly increase this.
                      Long way to go but it is the future everyone will have to get use to.
                      Or get used to walking. Ca already can't meet elec demands. Never mind the demand for land & materials involved for gen & batts. Better get that hand crank gen while they are still available.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Or get used to walking. Ca already can't meet elec demands. Never mind the demand for land & materials involved for gen & batts. Better get that hand crank gen while they are still available.
                        You don't have to worry about that. They have big diesel generators set to go to charge the charging stations for electric cars.

Comment

Working...
                        X