• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    I'll assume the other points are accepted and that you were just really hung up on the LeBron thing.
    Again, re-read the Lakeshow thread. Only one person hung up on LEBRON! and that username doesn't have the number 17.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      That next post was in response to my question about you really thinking Wiggins sucks. Come on now. The only reason you said Wiggins sucks was during a Laker tanking discussion. Kind of cushioning the blow in case the Lakers did someone land him by winning the lottery. Its not me missing context my friend, its revisionism at play. Lakers didn't get him, so obviously he no longer sucks.
      No that's asinine. Conspiratorial brain working in overdrive. You called me out on the comment and you were right to do it. I was right to elaborate on my statement and that's precisely what I did. The context actually does matter. I couldn't give a rip about whether the Lakers got Wiggins or not. I didn't then and I don't now. You've got my mindset about the Lakers completely wrong. I don't live in LA. I've never been to a Clippers game in California. Never been to a Lakers game in California. Haven't ever thought much of the 'rivalry.' As an overall NBA fan (and that's sort of what you've had to be as a Clippers fan), I have a grudging disdain for them mostly due to what I see as arrogance...comes with the territory. But I don't hate the Lakers. I respect them. Their fans? Different story. But the resect for the franchise doesn't stop me from honking some noses from time to time or giving an honest assessment of what I see. If you say Mitch Kupchak is following the plan, god bless. If you're happy with the offseason, god bless. Wanted Melo, now are happy they didn't get him...likewise.

Look, you're a nice guy and an intelligent guy. I've enjoyed our conversations elsewhere. But this is garbage. It's not a productive conversation. Nothing enjoyable about it to me. All I see is you getting emotional about me giving opinions on the Lakers and chalking it all up to a hatred that doesn't exist. And you see whatever it is you see. So I'm done...like I said before. I'll see you on the other side, my friend.
      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 07-15-2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Defeatist attitude.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Kyle
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The leadership of Jim Buss is derailing the Lakers. That's really the root of 90% of this. The man single handedly drove away Jerry West and Phil Jackson. Phil's significant other is the CO-OWNER. And yet the structure of the team allows a shit head like Jim Buss to create a situation whereby the Lakers are competing, and losing, to Jeannie's man over Carmelo. And next year will likely be more of the same with the prize free agents because everyone knows Jim is a poor leader. I feel sorry for Kupchak having to work with that guy.

One thing to consider though. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Anthony, Pau -- the big dogs of free agency this year, all went to the East, where even losing teams make the playoffs. The road to the Finals is significantly easier in the East. It's not even close to the competition in the West. Getting through the West to the Finals is a meat grinder. LeBron was never going to go to a West team. I seriously doubt that was ever a consideration. He took Cleveland to the Finals a few years ago with very little around him. Cleveland has just drafted 3 #1 overall picks in four years, LeBron has talent, and youth on his side over Miami. That was a no brainer.
          sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Clippers have reached out to Ed Davis about a contract.
            There was reported interest on Tuesday and the Clippers seem serious to replace Glen Davis with a fellow having the same surname. Ed was a bit of a letdown with the Grizzlies after a productive 2012-13 in Toronto. He'd backup Blake Griffin in L.A.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Ed Davis signs with the Lakers. 1 million for 1 year.

Very good signing...they needed another big, and they actually got one who can play. He will actually help. I was afraid of getting another Sacre type player.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Doc mustve not known Sterling was a racist prior to taking the job...

The interim CEO of the Los Angeles Clippers testified Tuesday that coach Doc Rivers told him he will quit if Donald Sterling remains the owner of the team.

''Doc is troubled by this maybe moreso than anybody else,'' Parsons said on the witness stand about Rivers, who is black. ''If Mr. Sterling continues as owner, he does not want to continue as coach.''

Parsons said he fears there would also be an exodus of key players, including team captain Chris Paul, who also is black and heads the NBA players union. Parsons was about to give an account of his conversations with Paul but was stopped by an objection by an NBA lawyer who said it would be an invasion of privacy. The judge upheld the objection.

''If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster,'' Parsons said. ''Doc is the father figure, the one who leads. He's the coach. He's the grownup. He is able to connect with people and earn their trust. The team believes in him and loves him.

''If he were to leave, that is only going to accelerate the death spiral,'' Parsons said.

''If your coach leaves, if your players don't want to play with you, what do you have?'' Parsons asked. ''If your sponsors leave and the fans leave, it's going to spiral down and down.''

He said key sponsors such as Mandalay Bay Resorts in Las Vegas are cold about whether they will continue, as are other companies including Kia Motors Corp.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Bill Simmons and Colin Cowherd, openly speculated that the Lakers have not hired a coach, because they are waiting for Doc to resign from the Clips.

It was discussed yesterday, and Colin brought it up today.

Not saying it will or would happen, but an interesting theory.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    Bill Simmons and Colin Cowherd, openly speculated that the Lakers have not hired a coach, because they are waiting for Doc to resign from the Clips.

SanDiego17 would be thrilled LOL

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Doc mustve not known Sterling was a racist prior to taking the job...

The interim CEO of the Los Angeles Clippers testified Tuesday that coach Doc Rivers told him he will quit if Donald Sterling remains the owner of the team.

''Doc is troubled by this maybe moreso than anybody else,'' Parsons said on the witness stand about Rivers, who is black. ''If Mr. Sterling continues as owner, he does not want to continue as coach.''

Parsons said he fears there would also be an exodus of key players, including team captain Chris Paul, who also is black and heads the NBA players union. Parsons was about to give an account of his conversations with Paul but was stopped by an objection by an NBA lawyer who said it would be an invasion of privacy. The judge upheld the objection.

''If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster,'' Parsons said. ''Doc is the father figure, the one who leads. He's the coach. He's the grownup. He is able to connect with people and earn their trust. The team believes in him and loves him.

''If he were to leave, that is only going to accelerate the death spiral,'' Parsons said.

''If your coach leaves, if your players don't want to play with you, what do you have?'' Parsons asked. ''If your sponsors leave and the fans leave, it's going to spiral down and down.''

He said key sponsors such as Mandalay Bay Resorts in Las Vegas are cold about whether they will continue, as are other companies including Kia Motors Corp.
                      Like the sponsors didn't know. Like the players didn't know. Like other NBA owners didn't know.

Dick Parsons' testimony is the same as Doc Rivers'. Wonder if Parsons has any motivations? Or if Doc does? Or if BOA does? Or if LeBraon James did?

Your fake outrages and unicorn-laden fantasyland are duly noted, however. Hve fun at ComiCon.
                      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 07-24-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Something is holding up the coaching hire. I hope this isnt it.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Something is holding up the coaching hire. I hope this isnt it.
                          It isn't.

Comment

Working...
                          X